**Finals Predictions**.. Oh, and Let's Be Real: What would happen if LA played CLE in the Finals?

Originally Posted by henz0

One of my favorite times of the year.. The anticipation of seeing the lakers getting bumped and reading the madness on here
laugh.gif

Not going to happen. Lakers in 3.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

LA in 5 games?

6 games, max?

LA beat Cleveland by double-digits IN THEIR PLACE, without Bynum.

It's clear that LA is just too powerful inside. Z, Varejao, Joe Smith, and Ben Wallace trying to guard Gasol, Bynum, Odom = quick out for Cleveland.

I've been hearing all these Cavs fans talking +!++, not just here but elsewhere. But you can't honestly believe that your team is the favorite to win, even with homecourt. In fact, with the way Orlando dominated them in the paint the other day, the Cavs may not even come out of the East.

Anyways, this was a semi-rant post, but post your finals predictions.

Mine: LA over Orlando in 5.
Orlando not getting past Boston...pencil in the Cavs or the Celtics for the Eastern Conference.

This whole thread just makes me sad.
tired.gif

NT S&T is going to be all out war for the next two months.
grin.gif

I really am trying to figure out how Lakers fans are being irrational by saying the Lakers in 5 or 6 over the Cavs. The Cavs have two weaknesses...reboundingand interior defense. Being that the Lakers have 3 7 footers and are 3rd in rebounding, it's kinda hard to not think like that. Oh and they have beaten theCavs twice, the only team to win in Cle(which was by double digits), and without the superstars...are a WAY deeper team than the Cavs. Add to the fact that theCavs DO NOT win on the road in the playoffs...well period. Check their record against BOS, LA, and ORL on the road. Check out their performances last year inthe playoffs on the road. Even with HC they would more than likely drop one against the Lakers at home. They still need that one piece, mainly an insidepresence. Once they get that we'll see Bron get a chip(unless he's out of there before it happens).

The Lakers are gonna have the weight of the world on them come playoff time. I also cannot wait to see what NT will look like if the Lakers don't make itto the Finals. Portland will be the only competition to me because they have the big men to match up with Pau and Andrew, plus depth on the bench. LA'sbench is gonna have to step up in order for them to make it to the Finals because I have not been impressed by anyone other than Lamar and Shannon as of late.Sasha is a gassed up bum, Fisher is on his last legs, Luke Walton literally doesn't do a thing but give Ariza rest, and Farmar is wildly inconsistent. ButI still expect them to make it to the Finals because of Kobe's will and Andrew Bynum's presence.

As for the East, I'm convinced Lebron will ball out of his mind but like someone said above their frontline scares no one. Z is old as hell and can'tdefend anyone while AV and Ben have no offensive abilities to speak of. I think Orlando and Boston could potentially beat Cleveland but it all depends on KGbeing 100% healthy and Dwight Howard dropping 35 plus every game both of which I don't see happening.

So it will be LA vs Cleveland

LA in 7

P.S. I pray to God we see some scares in the first or second round like last season tho. Make Lebron and Kobe prove themselves early.

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

its going to be jazz versus sixers. sixers in 4.

Yup...we can take any team in the east...ignore the losing for the time being

Finals? Finals? Don't even talk about Finals yet.

I can't make any predictions just yet.

I love my laker team. But I also know that we have flaws...but name one team that doesn't.

Portland could be a big problem. But Boston could be that same problem for the Cavs.

Both first round match up could be interesting. We all know how tough Utah is and if DET plays their brand of basketball they could take it to at least 6games.

The talk in here on both sides is madness. But who cares? People form their own opinions.

If the Lakers can avoid Portland in the second round I believe we will be ok. If we make it to the finals and play the Cavs I believe we have to steal one ofthe first 2 games in Clevland. IF we get both games (which probably won't happen) its over. IF we get one of two I believe we will win in 6 without thehelp of ref's and stern. Yall kill me with this NBA is rigged mess.

If we play the C's I know for a fact that we will take them in 6. The subtraction of Posey and PJ are going to hurt them. KG isn't 100 and the teamjust looks old IMO.

Now Orlando can and will give us problems. But if the magic can't hit the 3 ball we will be just fine.

I don't know. I just know I will be tuned in.

It really hurts to say this but i honestly think the Fakers will win this year. BUT, Cavs have a good shot since they have home court throughout.

I been calling this series for the past 3-4 months. I originally felt that Lakers would win in 5, maybe 6, but they have been playing spotty lately. In theirfavor, they are the only team to win in Cleveland this season and they swept the series. I would say it goes 6 or seven games with Kobe prevailing. I mightthrow some money on Cavs at MGM in a couple of weeks just in case though. I just feel that Coach Jackson will find a way to netralize Lebron's cast.

Idk who's going to be in the finals, but if it's the Lakers and the Cavs then S&T will be crazy for weeks...before the game even starts the threadwill hit 100 pages

please lebron wasnt interested? thats BS and you know. lebron is a competitor and wants to win every game especially against kobe. you're just making upexcuses why they lost. the better team won that day. so what if lamar gets 6 garbage baskets, points are points. it doesnt matter if you win by 20 or by 1. awin is a win.

if the lakers don't make it to the finals and win it, this season will be considered a failure. the other team out of the west is Utah.

i hope the lakers will meet the cavs.. it'll be a good battle... but i think lakers in 6. they're gonna drop one at cleveland and 1 at home...

people who keep saying Utah will come out of the West... you realize that based on the current standings, they will end up getting swept by the Lakers firstround?

pick another team.

i just if it's not the lakers it's the jazz. cause san antonio is not winning without manu, portland doesnt have the experience.. denver might... butthey dont play defence, new orleans is basically only chris paul... if you stop him the hornets are nothing, cause david west cant create without him... mavsare too soft, dont play defence either.. and the rockets are not going to go past the first round, cause they dont mesh well together..

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

i just if it's not the lakers it's the jazz. cause san antonio is not winning without manu, portland doesnt have the experience.. denver might... but they dont play defence, new orleans is basically only chris paul... if you stop him the hornets are nothing, cause david west cant create without him... mavs are too soft, dont play defence either.. and the rockets are not going to go past the first round, cause they dont mesh well together..

laugh.gif

Cavs having the home court is not a big of a deal once the Finals are reached, assuming that they get there (I think they will). The format is 2-3-2, meaningthe Lakers just win one on the road then they get THREE IN A ROW at HOME!!!

Since the Cavs record is almost Identical to the Lakers, where do you think the Cavs lost??? ON THE ROAD, meaning they are not a great road team. The Lakersbeing the best road team in the League and their bench support with Bynum back, not to mention KB24, will put them over the top.

The Portland fans come out of the woods saying that they are going to beat the Lakeshow, go back into the closet now while you still have the chance. Theplayoffs is a whole 'nother ball of wax people. The Lakeshow will make quick work of Portland believe that.

Jazz??? Come on how many road wins do the Jazz have???

Spurs??? OLD, but again experience might even move them past the Blazers.

Denver???Kobe Loves Denver...

NO??? NO!

No other team even can enter the conversation.

How much playoff experience does Portland have???

IT MATTERS PEOPLE!

Lakeshow all day!

In the East, Cavs will come out because I don't believe that KG is healthy. If he is healthy they will give the Cavs a run for their money. I believe thata Lakers v Boston series would be more competitive than a Lakers v Cavs.

If i were you... id be scared of the Nuggets. Excellent proven PG, good coach, star player, decent bench with a go to player in JR Smith. Lakers can probablytake them cause of their bigs, but that team will be a force in the playoffs

And dont say home court is not a big deal... you know, realistically, its a liability that (if they meet) the Cavs can take one in LA as much as LA can take onin the Q. Ask Boston... or maybe Detroit. I only see the advantage in the 7th game, and trust me, it will go seven.

I don't understand this talk about San Antonio. Ginobili is out for the whole playoffs. Duncan's knee is ailing. They'd be out in the first roundif the refs weren't giftwrapping a top seed for them. See the last 2 plays of the Sacramento game last night.

The Lakers won't have an easy time making it to the finals. If Ginobili was healthy, this Spurs would be their biggest threat. But it's Houston now.They're the sleeper this year. They're better without McGrady. Artest and Battier in the same lineup is just too much for teams on the defensive end.As long as Yao is healthy, I'm picking them to come out.

And the Cavs? It's far from a guarantee for them too. The Celtics have 60 wins right now and Garnett has missed over 20 games. 20. And he'll be backfor the playoffs. The Celtics are coming out.

Houston vs Boston in the finals conditional on Yao being healthy. It goes to 7 and Adelman finally gets the ring he should have gotten in 2002. If Yaoisn't healthy, we'll see a Lakers Celtics rematch and the Lakers take it.

Back
Top Bottom