**Finals Predictions**.. Oh, and Let's Be Real: What would happen if LA played CLE in the Finals?

I'm a Laker fan, but are some of you even aware that it IS POSSIBLE for the Lakers to notmake it to the Finals?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

The NBA is basically like wrestling now. The script for the playoffs was sent in months ago; it's just a matter of who stern thinks the L would profit the most off of. I'm certain that we'll see an LA/ CLE final, sadly not because those are the two best teams, but because Stern knows that's where the $$$ is. I think Bron will get MVP, but the Lakeshow will get the 'chip. I'm a Laker fan and all, but I want a real win, not a fabricated one that will get the NBA bigwigs richer.
u have problems. ur talking like david stern can just put the ball inside of the hoop for a player.
Uh, No. It's deeper than that. Don't you think Stern can talk to his officials and 'encourage' him which way questionable calls should go? Couldn't those calls send certain players to the line to get easy points? No, stern does not have a remote to the basketball, but he dictates the flow of some games/series. I hope you don't think the league is 100% honest and every game is called fairly. Sadly, the NBA is a BUSINESS and a business' main objective is $$$.
i don't think it's 100% honest. if anyone isn't convinced after seeing what happened with the lakers/kings then they're fools. ibelieve in super stars getting calls. but in light of the tim donaghey (sp?) thing u know that they can't OD anymore.

The pistons didn't win their titles because of the refs...they outplayed the lakers. The spurs didn't win their titles because of help from therefs...they just outplayed whoever got in their way. Lebron didn't drop 24 or whatever amount of his teams last points against detroit because of help fromthe refs and stern putting the ball in the hoop for him. The Lakers were outmatched by Boston last year and were just too soft for the celtics.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

ill put my name on the line that the lakers are not going to reach the finals.

gotcha

laugh.gif
won't be seeing you in all those cowboy threads in the fall

So if it's anything but a Lakers/Cavs Finals, then what, guys?

I agree that certain superstars get calls, and the NBA would like to see certain teams in the Finals, but I don't think its that deep in conspiracy. At theend of the day, after the whole scandal, the NBA is better served to stay away from that sorta stuff.

It's not even a forgone conclusion that its gonna be the Lakers and Cavs anyway.

If the Lakers play the Jazz, that's no cakewalk. And if they play Portland in the second round, and considering they haven't won in Portland in awhile,that's no cake walk either.

If it does come to fruition though, Cavs in 6. And it won't be because of the refs. It'll be homecourt and that D.

Bynum helps the Lakers cause for sure, but we saw defense contain the Lakers against the Celtics.

That and guys like Leon Powe who the Lakers couldn't keep off the glass.

The Cavs have that in AJ and other bigs who attack the glass.

The Lakers had that in Turiaf, but more.

Plus as Lakers fans will tell you, Luke and Jordan on the court at the same time is asking for trouble.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Bynum helps the Lakers cause for sure, but we saw defense contain the Lakers against the Celtics.

Plus as Lakers fans will tell you, Luke and Jordan on the court at the same time is asking for trouble.
laugh.gif

what happened in the games against cleveland this year though? do you really think we're the same team as last year? and yes, walton and farmar suck
pimp.gif

shanon brown is a different story though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif
1) Bynum didn't play vs the Celtics

2) The Cavs don't have anybody as tough as Powe in their entire lineup

3) who really "attacks the glass" for Cleveland? Varejao and Z, the 7-footers who can only muster 7 RPG? Ben Wallace's bum #%%? are those dudesreally going to be outrebounding Gasol, Odom, and Bynum (all get 8+ RPG)? LA is 3rd in rebounding... Cleveland is 13th.

4) again, Gasol, Odom, Bynum and the rest of the Lakers are 3rd in the league in rebounding. they don't have any problems hitting the boards.

5) mark my words, Farmar will barely be getting PT in the playoffs. LAs coaching staff is already phasing his minutes out in place of Shannon Brown. and he gotPT last year and they went to the Finals, so...

Because 2 games or whatever is in the regular season is precursor of what's to come?

In a 7 game series where things get tighter, the Cavs have that suffocating D.

And as a Lakers fan, you have to admit the Lakers don't look as dominant as they did earlier in the season.

The Cavs are still dominant at home. Still are.

Again, Bynum back helps a lot.

But if it does shape up to be Utah and Portland in rounds 1 and 2, that's no easy task. All I'm saying is its a lot tougher coming out the West than itis in the East.

Its no sure thing if LA even makes it out.

AV and Leon Powe are one of the same. Just like Landry, Millsap, Amir Johnson. High energy bigs off the bench.

Lakers don't have anybody like that.

Ariza and Bynum this year helps the cause, but if the Lakers make it out the West, I dunno how much they'll have left in the tank. I honestly wouldn'tbe surprised if any of the teams make it out to the Finals. Any of em.

Yeah the Lakers have an opposing front line, the best player in the game, IMO in Kobe, but in a 7 game series, homecourt, defense and team ball play a hugepart.

See: Lakers vs Pistons

A lot of people talking about the Lakers possibly not making it out and acting like the Cavs have an easy road. The Magic, Celtics and Pistons are all prettygood teams, especially in a seven game series. With that being said, I think both teams fans need to realize its going to be a fight to get to the finals. As aLaker fan, we need to worry about potentially facing Portland in the second round and if we make it and they make it, the Jazz in the WCF. I do hope theCavs/Lakers finals happen though. It will be an epic series.

NT will be up in arms and there will be even more threads about the NBA being fixed

i'm looking forward to lakers cavs or lakers celtics part 2 and hope neither of the teams screw it up, however im suprised at how many people are sleepingon the cavs, lebron has played like a man on a mission this year and that crappy cavs team from last year over acheived and almost beat boston. cleveland is39-1 about to be 40-1 at home, sure the lakers got that only win in cleveland this year but i get the feeling cleveland would be a much tougher series thenpeople expect. im still confident in the lakers taking it but it wont be the easy series alot of people expect it to be.

if spurs win over blazers, then lakers will go thru WCF easily. but blazers win then i dont know.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Lakers?

LOL.

Chester we know u celebrated like the Blazers won the championship after the 2 Blazers win in Portland against LA this year .
laugh.gif

You fool's seriously think you're getting past the Lakers in the 2nd round
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Walkin Memorial

A lot of people talking about the Lakers possibly not making it out and acting like the Cavs have an easy road. The Magic, Celtics and Pistons are all pretty good teams, especially in a seven game series. With that being said, I think both teams fans need to realize its going to be a fight to get to the finals. As a Laker fan, we need to worry about potentially facing Portland in the second round and if we make it and they make it, the Jazz in the WCF. I do hope the Cavs/Lakers finals happen though. It will be an epic series.
Umm this makes no sense at all. How are the Jazz going to make it to the WCF this year when their most likely going to face and lose to the Lakersin a sweep or 5 games max in the 1st round.Lets not forget the Lakers closed them out in 6 games @ Utah last year in the playoffs also. Blazers don't scareme at all in the 2nd round. The past 7 years we've lost regular season game but come playoffs we take out Portland.

Back
Top Bottom