FINALLY, A RETRO OF THE NIKE TRAINER SC II 3/4 DONE RIGHT!! THANK YOU NIKE!

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

just don't go into the WDYWT thread like that... you'll get slaughtered!

i've learned to deal with it, lol...
ha ha, that's some funny *%*...i go in there like dis & don't give a...

dudes leavin comments like 'nice jeans'...like they passive aggressive dissin'  

roll.gif

it's just a preference. i get slaughtered and called "tongue poppin' proto" cuz i ALWAYS wear the tongues out.

just don't get covering dope shoes up with jeans, especially on a shoe like these trainers, why would you cover up the beautiful eye catching tongues on these? that's where most of the color is on this shoe...

why would you cover up that beautiful jumpman flight tongue on those white cement 4's?

why does tim wear bootcut jeans that cover up most of the whole damn shoe?

just your preference... it's what looks nice to you... just like i got preference, not everyone is gonna see eye to eye, and not one way is definitively right or wrong.

but the way cats go at people sometimes tho, it's as if they think everyone should dress just like them.

everything would be mad boring if everyone dressed the same...

this. i pop the tounge out on all my shoes. wearing them that way do the shoes the most justice IMO

ekhunter1 - nice collection pic
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Proto- u must just copy & past that s^&%.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by green rhino123

ha ha, that's some funny *%*...i go in there like dis & don't give a...

dudes leavin comments like 'nice jeans'...like they passive aggressive dissin'  

roll.gif

it's just a preference. i get slaughtered and called "tongue poppin' proto" cuz i ALWAYS wear the tongues out.

just don't get covering dope shoes up with jeans, especially on a shoe like these trainers, why would you cover up the beautiful eye catching tongues on these? that's where most of the color is on this shoe...

why would you cover up that beautiful jumpman flight tongue on those white cement 4's?

just your preference... it's what looks nice to you... just like i got preference, not everyone is gonna see eye to eye, and not one way is definitively right or wrong.

but the way cats go at people sometimes tho, it's as if they think everyone should dress just like them.

this. i pop the tounge out on all my shoes. wearing them that way do the shoes the most justice IMO

that's what i'm saying. i care more about my shoes than the jeans. hell, first thing i do is figure out what shoes i'm gonna wear, then figure out the rest. def not gonna just cover up the shoe with jeans and pants. it just doesn't look right to me.

what kills me worse than boot cuts covering up the shoes is these dudes on iss wearing super skinny jeans and forcing the shoe into the jeans to cover the tongue. the back of the jeans will sit on top of the back of the shoe and/or hug their leg just so they can stuff the tongue inside (on bulkier shoes it looks hilarious). and somehow these people really think that looks better than letting the tongue out.
laugh.gif

roll.gif

that's what i'm saying. i care more about my shoes than the jeans. hell, first thing i do is figure out what shoes i'm gonna wear, then figure out the rest. def not gonna just cover up the shoe with jeans and pants. it just doesn't look right to me.

what kills me worse than boot cuts covering up the shoes is these dudes on iss wearing super skinny jeans and forcing the shoe into the jeans to cover the tongue. the back of the jeans will sit on top of the back of the shoe and/or hug their leg just so they can stuff the tongue inside (on bulkier shoes it looks hilarious). and somehow these people really think that looks better than letting the tongue out.
laugh.gif
lol I think it looks even worse on bulkier shoes such as Yeezys, Trainers, and some Jordans. popping the tounge out is just something we have always done here in Chicago. its a way of life, if you will 
laugh.gif

sthebest, that sharpie job looks dope btw. got me thinking about doing it to mines now...

mind posting a close up tho? did you paint it all the way or leave some strips of white in there like the OG's?

Tongues tucked in or out. I'll do both depending on my mood and shoe. Straps, though.....always have to have them secured.

Originally Posted by heelntoe wit my nyks

Tongues tucked in or out. I'll do both depending on my mood and shoe. Straps, though.....always have to have them secured.

depends on the shoe for me... on my black LV jaspers i ended up liking them both strapped and unstrapped, but most of the time i prefer them unstrapped (no rainbow)...

but these trainers, i just knew they'd look mad cool unstrapped imo.

glad my 2 angle shoe shots came in handy and inspired some people.
laugh.gif
mayhem was right on the money with it tho, people hated on it when he first posted 'em like that, but it's a good look (unless you're using them for sports or something, then i could totally understand locking them down).

Best pop you ever did geeza. 
pimp.gif

On a side note, the straps actually fit and dont choke your feet until they turn your toes blue on these, so no need to un hitch them. Purely a fasion thing, and i like em done up. Each to their own though, i drive with the gull wing doors closed though you know....

These may be the only retro trainer that you can tongue pop. After having owned many of the others for years and never doing it, I doubt I change those habits. Although I've wanted to do it on a few shoes and couldn't, so to have that option now is a true +.

I believe the original sc III (auburns) you had a nice tongue height. But they shortened them on the retros...

The beauty of these is that you have that outrigger providing enough color. The tongue is merely a bonus

UPS tried to deliver my Infrareds from NDC but I missed the delivery.
tired.gif
 Oh well ill have them tomorrow. Wore my Citrons again today and the shoe is getting comfier by the wear. Also, the leather is getting softer too, although only creasing minimally on the sides. Toebox still look CRISP.

thanks for the feedback on the photoshop guys, it's fun photoshopping these into acceptable colorways that could have easily replaced the garbage the tried to force feed us.

Medicine Balls
them PS Alpha Force/Barkley= Dope, the PS Military Blue IV's= Dope... but these are 
smokin.gif
 not many shoes ill buy  on the Release Date nowadays normally id wait for them to hit the outlets... but these id contemplate campin out for... great fuggin job homie, Nike Pay Attention Please...

Nice find. It looks like I haven't changed a bit. lol

Some of those photos are page 2
eek.gif

Even with an almost perfect retro, I marvel at the OG pairs time and time again.

Love to watch photos of OG's...the materials just make the shoe look so good , even a simple cw like the black and white lows looks so dope thx to the right materials

Originally Posted by gueser

UPS tried to deliver my Infrareds from NDC but I missed the delivery.
tired.gif
 Oh well ill have them tomorrow. Wore my Citrons again today and the shoe is getting comfier by the wear. Also, the leather is getting softer too, although only creasing minimally on the sides. Toebox still look CRISP.

thanks for the feedback on the photoshop guys, it's fun photoshopping these into acceptable colorways that could have easily replaced the garbage the tried to force feed us.

Medicine Balls
them PS Alpha Force/Barkley= Dope, the PS Military Blue IV's= Dope... but these are 
smokin.gif
 not many shoes ill buy  on the Release Date nowadays normally id wait for them to hit the outlets... but these id contemplate campin out for... great fuggin job homie, Nike Pay Attention Please...
thanks fam! glad my colorways have gone over so well. my goal is to outdo every color that Nike has put out this year of these. One more for the vault
ATC IV inspired (Agassi tribute)

sthebest, that sharpie job looks dope btw. got me thinking about doing it to mines now...

mind posting a close up tho? did you paint it all the way or leave some strips of white in there like the OG's?

just in case you didn't see it. would love a close up of that sharpie job.

Back
Top Bottom