Favoritsm/ Politics in the NBA *UNAPPRECIATION*

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I hear you. But do dudes complain this loudly when it's THEIR team on the "good" side of these type of calls?
nerd.gif
I do. We used to have one of, if not the worse flopper in the league in Devin Harris. I hated when they gave him some of those calls. Most of the time he wasn't even there. Dirk does it a lot too as opposed to grabbing a rebound in traffic. Raja wasn't a flopper yet when we had him. Much the opposite, he was an absolute physical brute enforcer type guy, always wanted to fight everybody. Dirk/Nash used to get away with blatantly illegal moving screens too when they did that pick and repick and repick and roll in the middle of the court until they forced the swtich.

I also hate how guards coming off the pick and roll just dribble into the chest or leg of the hedging big man.

So do I. I'm quick to say whether someone deserved a call or not. If they give my favorite team (Lakers) a rediculous call, I'll always say theyshouldn't have called it. Even when I'm watching a team I don't care for and they get a bad call, I'll say they shouldn't have calledthat.

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Im callen it right now that the commisioner of the league stern has probably already talked to the refs and told them to setup the finals so the cavs and lakers play no matter how crapy either team plays in the playoffs
QFT. The "script" for the playoffs is probably sent in before the All-Star break
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cowboybibby

no because the nba tells you who the best players are
Oh, right. I know Dwyane Wade is good because the NBA told me. It has nothing to do with me watching him have performances like his 55 tonight.

Expand on your point man. So far I'll I've gotten from your one sentence posts are that the Olympic team was selected based on jersey sales and thatthe NBA tells people who are the best players. Bold your point and put it in huge font in your next post so I can see what you're trying to convey

All sports may exhibit this once in a while, but the NBA is something else. They're totally ridiculous and blantant with the preferential treatment

I'm not saying they're not talented... the nba chooses the players with the best combination of poitential and marketability then you kow the story...Dal/Mia finals season was wades rise to the top was it not... he was literally untouchable that series... shot more freebies than the entire dal team the onegame but no one pays attention you only see the point total

I'm not saying they're not talented... the nba chooses the players with the best combination of poitential and marketability then you kow the story... Dal/Mia finals season was wades rise to the top was it not... he was literally untouchable that series... shot more freebies than the entire dal team the one game but no one pays attention you only see the point total

Tim Duncan?
laugh.gif

or worse the 2002 kings/lakers game 6... I think I threw up during and after the game

i feel you man, i threw up almost as much watching the blatant no calls that happened at the end of game 5 in the kings favor in that series.

Back
Top Bottom