Favoritsm/ Politics in the NBA *UNAPPRECIATION*

the usa basketball team
nerd.gif

could someone elaborate?

Im callen it right now that the commisioner of the league stern has probably already talked to the refs and told them to setup the finals so the cavs andlakers play no matter how crapy either team plays in the playoffs

Originally Posted by In The Line For VIIs

Its not just GETTING fouled, superstars apparently NEVER GIVE fouls. LeBron's never had more than 4 fouls in a game this season and in one five game streak had 0 calls against him!! His average is like 1.2 fouls per game.
thats insane
laugh.gif
the refs act like the dude is Jesus orsomething

usa basketball, when they make the initial selections and have them "tryout"... but its obvious who's gonna be on the team there's no needfor tryouts

^not that serious

have you ever tried out for anything and not known who would/wouldn't make it before it even started. With maybe 1 or 2 exceptions?

Yeah I just don't think it's that serious because I don't think there is much controversy over who ended up on the first team and who werealternates. Plus I think those desicions lie with the Coach and USA basketball.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Yea, I hate the star system. Logically, it should be the opposite. If you're the best players, you should be able to be the most crisp with your pivot footwork, hand on top of the ball, solid defense, 3 seconds, etc. but instead, being the best gets you the most leniency. It would never happen anywhere else. Let's say you're in 4th grade, but you read at a 7th grade level. Is your teacher therefore going to get you easier books to read? I think not.

word to the crab dribble.. the nba's holy trinity gets away with 4 and 5 step drives all the time. setting a bad example for the kids.

Originally Posted by vctry20

Yeah I just don't think it's that serious because I don't think there is much controversy over who ended up on the first team and who were alternates. Plus I think those desicions lie with the Coach and USA basketball.
Plus, they did get the gold. I don't really see much to complain about.

As for the topic of the thread, I guess its unappreciated, but I don't worry about it too much. NBA has been the same way ever since I've beenwatching it, so I'm used to it. The vast majority of the time, the best teams wins the championship, so I don't know that the favoritism reallymatters all that much.

damn the Kings stay taking Ls

Michael Finley just hit a 3 to win but the shot clock had run out. But that's not reviewable apparently?

I know the the Lebron Foul average is insanely low, but if you watch him play D, he doesn't really commit many fouls. He just skies up and tries to swatyou.

But yes Favortism will always be there in the NBA, and in all sports for that matter,

Originally Posted by cowboybibby

anyone could tell who was gonna make the team off the initial list
I don;t understand what your point is. So you don't think there should've been a tryout?

Originally Posted by xbiker47

Im callen it right now that the commisioner of the league stern has probably already talked to the refs and told them to setup the finals so the cavs and lakers play no matter how crapy either team plays in the playoffs

Yea i can bet it'll be them in the Finals. It's kind of a shame though

Favoritism does suck but I guess that's just how the league is. It's terrible for fans of players and teams that always seem to get the short end ofthe stick but you deal.

Agreed. Just in sports in general. Whether tryouts for varsity b-ball on the NFL. Speaking of which, Brady played one series and was slurped the entire season.Pathetic.
smh.gif

High selling jerseys is correlated with better basketball skills, is it not? The best players made the team, they won the gold. I still don't see yourpoint. Are you saying they just chose players that sell the most jerseys because of favortism/poltics? If so
roll.gif

i remember an article i read where it said all magic johnson had to do was drive in the lane, yell like he got fouled and would get 2 freebies. been happeningfor a while, but that mavs/heat and kings/lakers series were blatant.

Back
Top Bottom