Favoritsm/ Politics in the NBA *UNAPPRECIATION*

It's truly sickening. If you didn't know that the NBA's main focus was money and ratings, I'm here to tell you that it is. If you'renot a star player, you pretty much have to get suplexed to get a call. However, the Lebron James and the Chris Pauls barely even get touched (that's ifthey get touched at all) and the referees are blowing their whistles like it's a Flagrant 2. This is basically a the NBA's way of keeping star playersjust that... Star players. Their points are always going to be high because half of them are free throws. NBA is 15% basketball and 85% politics, Period.

You're late. But, I was never truly disgusted until I watched the Dallas Mavs/ Miami Heat Finals a few yrs back.

Just terrible.

I'm with you on this; unappreciated.
smh.gif

dwayne wade... the usa basketball team... the whole all star ballotting... this past years slam dunk contest... etc etc

That Heat/ Dallas Matchup was definitely when it became blatantly obvious; i just decided not to mention it in the first post. It's bad enough that Wade isa top 3 player, but on top of that he had the refs on his side. Simply ridiculous. I'm sure there are several refs that want to make the right calls, butin the back of his mind he knows it'll be a wrap for his officiating career in the L; he'll probably get downgraded to a college ref making half asmuch.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

cavs about to enter the playoffs with a one game lead over the lakers, couldnt have written it any better myself

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

You're late. But, I was never truly disgusted until I watched the Dallas Mavs/ Miami Heat Finals a few yrs back.

Just terrible.
That was just disgusting. I still don't even know how they got away with that. Like, if the national media noticed how badly the 2002Lakers-Kings game 5 was reffed, why didn't they say ANYTHING about the 2006 Finals? (which was way worse in my opinion)

Originally Posted by cowboybibby

or worse the 2002 kings/lakers game 6... I think I threw up during and after the game

(looks at your name and realizes its not worth answer to this)

anyhow, i am with you on this one, its a damn shame. its worse now more then ever.

Yea, I hate the star system. Logically, it should be the opposite. If you're the best players, you should be able to be the most crisp with your pivotfootwork, hand on top of the ball, solid defense, 3 seconds, etc. but instead, being the best gets you the most leniency. It would never happen anywhere else.Let's say you're in 4th grade, but you read at a 7th grade level. Is your teacher therefore going to get you easier books to read? I thinknot.

And as bad as the 06 Finals was, I was a Mavs fan at the time too, Wade is hooping ever since the Olympics and playing much more straight up basketball. NowPierce, still uses the pump fake jump into religiously and even travels when he does it which makes me ever more upset. But Wade is just getting buckets thisseason. I can't even say anything negative about the way he is playing.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

It's truly sickening. If you didn't know that the NBA's main focus was money and ratings, I'm here to tell you that it is. If you're not a star player, you pretty much have to get suplexed to get a call. However, the Lebron James and the Chris Pauls barely even get touched (that's if they get touched at all) and the referees are blowing their whistles like it's a Flagrant 2. This is basically a the NBA's way of keeping star players just that... Star players. Their points are always going to be high because half of them are free throws. NBA is 15% basketball and 85% politics, Period.

KEVIN_MARTIN1.jpg

And as bad as the 06 Finals was, I was a Mavs fan at the time too, Wade is hooping ever since the Olympics and playing much more straight up basketball. Now Pierce, still uses the pump fake jump into religiously and even travels when he does it which makes me ever more upset. But Wade is just getting buckets this season. I can't even say anything negative about the way he is playing.

That is definitely true. Believe me I HATED that +!!#$% a couple years ago
laugh.gif
. Now he is playing much more legit ball for the most part and actually hittingjumpshots and I don't mind him at all. I think the fact that he had that injury changed things a lot.

KMart weighs like 140, he gets a lil nudge and he's into the 5th row
laugh.gif

Also, he is soon to be star status. Just cause ESPN never talks about him doesn't mean he isn't one of the top 25 players in the L

I hear you. But do dudes complain this loudly when it's THEIR team on the "good" side of these type of calls?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I hear you. But do dudes complain this loudly when it's THEIR team on the "good" side of these type of calls?
nerd.gif
I do. We used to have one of, if not the worse flopper in the league in Devin Harris. I hated when they gave him some of those calls. Most of thetime he wasn't even there. Dirk does it a lot too as opposed to grabbing a rebound in traffic. Raja wasn't a flopper yet when we had him. Much theopposite, he was an absolute physical brute enforcer type guy, always wanted to fight everybody. Dirk/Nash used to get away with blatantly illegal movingscreens too when they did that pick and repick and repick and roll in the middle of the court until they forced the swtich.

I also hate how guards coming off the pick and roll just dribble into the chest or leg of the hedging big man.

Bruce Bowen only averages 1.5 fouls per game, a career 2.2
laugh.gif
Similarly, Tim Duncan and Big Z could/should foul out every game on over the back calls alone.Kobe has had a lot of moves where it looked like a "good move" on the step through, but he did it so quickly and fluidly you need replay to spot it

Originally Posted by tmoney85

Originally Posted by cowboybibby

or worse the 2002 kings/lakers game 6... I think I threw up during and after the game

(looks at your name and realizes its not worth answer to this)

anyhow, i am with you on this one, its a damn shame. its worse now more then ever.

if I make a valid statement it should"nt matter where my allegiences lie

Originally Posted by jville819

KMart weighs like 140, he gets a lil nudge and he's into the 5th row
laugh.gif

Also, he is soon to be star status. Just cause ESPN never talks about him doesn't mean he isn't one of the top 25 players in the L
He is good scorer, but he is definitely not one of the top 25 players in the league. He doesn't rebound, doesn't pass, doesn't stayhealthy, and might be one of the worst defenders in the league.

Back
Top Bottom