Fast and Furious Thread: Hobbs and Shaw Spin Off 2019 - Tyrese career ending injury

The Shaws are going bananas in the next one.

They can still do alot with this franchise imo.

The Vin and Kurt Russell chemistry was there from the start, and the Owen Shaw will probably come back with his big bad brother, I mean I'd be down for all of that.

Last edited:
Furious 7 Review

With spoilers, so read only after you have viewed the film for yourself.

Loved it. Absolutely nailed the mark. James Wan deserves so many props for what he has done for this franchise, starting with Tokyo Drift.

Despite the tragic loss of Paul, and obviously having to re-write the script to accommodate, they put out a tremendous film, even tho I think Fast 6 will go down as the cleanest/tightest film of the 7.

The start of the film had just a few hiccups where I think they had to adjust the script and it hurt the pace of the film overall. For instance, Letty’s whole spiel about runnin off, the poor usage of Race Wars, Iggy, etc. Fast 6 was a PERFECT start and jump into the story, this one took a couple false steps before it settled into its groove. When Kurt Russell was introduced, the story took off and we were on our way.

Russell truly surprised me. I didn’t see him fitting this franchise, and the entire time, I was waiting for him to double cross them and be the Gina Carano heel turn, and he never did. He was true to his word, and I loved that. He was much better than I expected, and I hope we see him again in Fast 8 when that comes out. (and we all know it will. )

Tyrese was great as the comedic relief as usual. They use him so well for the story. Him bein a little ***** in the airplane, them bein ready for that and blowin his chute anyway :rofl: Him floating around while they work, all of it was just hilarity.

The mountain/parachute scene was Fast & Furious legend status. :wow: :pimp: Absolutely great over the top yet somehow still semi believable even tho there is no damn way any of that is workin out as clean as they pulled it off. For this franchise, it looks like taking a simple right hand turn into a drive thru. Well shot, well executed, just another great scene we’ve come to expect from this franchise.

Paul Walker doin work on that bus against Tony Jaa. :pimp:

The scene of Transporter walkin thru the hospital after seein his brother was fantastic. I was laughin the whole time at all the carnage. Only thing I’m worried about is the timing. I assume that scene was to have taken place “years ago” as Owen Shaw was still beat to hell in the hospital, yet Jack was obviously several years older when Shaw came after them. I’m not sure if I read into that right, but that’s my assumption. It would also help explain Han’s life in Tokyo and his entanglement with the Ya Kuza. Otherwise the hospital scene wouldn’t make sense if Owen is still bruised all to hell 3-4 years later.

Brian steppin on the gas, revin the engine, to pull up 2 inches in the minivan. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Excellent background detail on the story, to begin explaining Brian leaving the life in the end. Having Mia be pregnant again, Dom telling him how great he’s been to her, and taking care of his nephew, etc. Smartly played, and opens the door for them having Brian’s brother Caleb included in Fast 8 when the time comes. Brian and Mia can take off and leave, and they can always have Mia make a cameo or something, especially since she isn’t in this one much anyways.

The Hobbs fight with Transporter was :wow: :wow: :wow: :pimp: Good freaking Lord Rock was ripped to **** :smh: But that was a helluva fight.

Elsa’s hair tho. :smh:

Love the way they handled the Tokyo people, this franchise knows, and understands its roots, and they handled that very well imo.

Really liked the way Hobbs sent for Dom, and the exchange in the hospital, meeting his daughter, the pain meds joke, etc. All excellent stuff. :lol:

Quite possibly my favorite scene, ever in any Furious movie, was Dom simply lifting the car. :rofl: :rofl: I have to have someone help me open the trunk, and dude just LIFTED. A. Car. Brian: “You got this right?” :rofl: :rofl: That is the most Fast & Furious thing ever, the way they even took a sec to poke fun at themselves for him lifting a car just to grab a thumbdrive. :lol:

Giving Tej his shining moment to drop dude like nothin. :wow: :pimp:

Car jumping from building to building to building. :lol: No brakes, like he was gonna use them anyways. :lol: :smh:

Statham as Shaw was the more bad *** of all the villians they’ve gone against, but Owen Shaw’s TEAM was easily the best grouping they’ve used in the franchise. Not to mention still having Han and Gisele added to the cast as a whole as well. Like I said, I love what they did with 7, but open to close, Fast 6 is just the most technically complete film in the series, with all the necessary parts, best overall threat in terms of team vs team rather than just the one man crew who was absolutely dangerous, but only matched up with Hobbs and Dom the whole time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dom driving a car off a cliff, but first having to do a few donuts to make some dust.

The Letty/Rousey fight was pretty good, but not as good as the Letty/Carano fight.

So, at Race Wars, when they completely wasted my time show Iggy for 3 seconds to sound and look absurd, the chick that started the race, the one that they took the camera up, and thru her, multiple times, like, we pretty much gave ol girl a cleansing we was so high up in that. That was a smidge strange. They always use the bikini girls for the races and what not, we’ve come to expect that, but I didn’t know we would all become gynecologists for this one. Remember the camera angles they used to use to show the fuel traveling thru the cars? I thought we were gonna run up thru her like that for a second, show her kidney’s, travel on up thru the lungs, heartbeat, larynx, and then out her mouth back into the view of the cars. :lol: :lol: :lol: Good Lord they overdid that one. Another part of me sittin there for a sec like, ????

I seen a drone in downtown LA, a helicopter launchin missiles, dude with a machine gun lighting up said helicopter, multiple cars speedin thru city streets like nothing, what we get, 2 cop cars, maybe 3? Perfect. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yo, they door slid down half a building of stairs. And it was AWESOME. :lol:

Stompin your foot on the asphalt should never be the end to a great fight. That needed to be re-looked at.

We stopped CPR, so we could whisper in his ear, and that brought him back to life. Ok.

Really liked the married reveal. Well done on that part at least, and hopefully closes the whole Letty inner turmoil stuff. I didn’t like that she took off, and Russell of all people brings her back for the mountain attack.

Loved the film, 6 is till currently my favorite in the series, just a notch ahead of this one, 7.8/8

Lookin forward to 8, you know it’s coming, we all do, it will likely be here in 2017 or maybe 2018. But it’s a no brainer, this movie is going to get HUGE money, maybe 300+ mil, and great reviews from everyone. My work alone is abuzz right now, and I’m the only one that saw it last night. Yet everyone has plans this weekend, and none of these people have ever spoken of a single one of the films before. They just all know. 8 will come, and it will continue the legacy.

The final scene. Perfection. Breathtaking. Absolutely wonderfully done. That was not Dom, that was Vin. That was not Letty, that was Michelle. That was not Roman, that was Tyrese. That was not Tej, that was Luda. Brilliantly done. Michelle was the key to me. Letty doesn’t tear up like that, Michelle does. And that’s when I needed to gulp down real hard. :lol: We alllllllll knew it was coming, but when it was there, it hurt. The final ride, the splitting of the lanes, the Dom speech at the end. My God, that was perfect. When you think about it, it’s about as real as it gets too, because you know that really was Caleb, and they really had to film that, knowing what it was and what it meant. That’s why it came off so damn real. One of the greatest scenes in the franchise. Tip of the cap to everyone involved in that, the writers, Wan, the actors, actresses, Paul’s family, everyone. Job well done.

#ForPaul

Furious 7 Review

With spoilers, so read only after you have viewed the film for yourself.

Loved it. Absolutely nailed the mark. James Wan deserves so many props for what he has done for this franchise, starting with Tokyo Drift.

Despite the tragic loss of Paul, and obviously having to re-write the script to accommodate, they put out a tremendous film, even tho I think Fast 6 will go down as the cleanest/tightest film of the 7.

The start of the film had just a few hiccups where I think they had to adjust the script and it hurt the pace of the film overall. For instance, Letty’s whole spiel about runnin off, the poor usage of Race Wars, Iggy, etc. Fast 6 was a PERFECT start and jump into the story, this one took a couple false steps before it settled into its groove. When Kurt Russell was introduced, the story took off and we were on our way.

Russell truly surprised me. I didn’t see him fitting this franchise, and the entire time, I was waiting for him to double cross them and be the Gina Carano heel turn, and he never did. He was true to his word, and I loved that. He was much better than I expected, and I hope we see him again in Fast 8 when that comes out. (and we all know it will. )

Tyrese was great as the comedic relief as usual. They use him so well for the story. Him bein a little ***** in the airplane, them bein ready for that and blowin his chute anyway :rofl: Him floating around while they work, all of it was just hilarity.

The mountain/parachute scene was Fast & Furious legend status. :wow: :pimp: Absolutely great over the top yet somehow still semi believable even tho there is no damn way any of that is workin out as clean as they pulled it off. For this franchise, it looks like taking a simple right hand turn into a drive thru. Well shot, well executed, just another great scene we’ve come to expect from this franchise.

Paul Walker doin work on that bus against Tony Jaa. :pimp:

The scene of Transporter walkin thru the hospital after seein his brother was fantastic. I was laughin the whole time at all the carnage. Only thing I’m worried about is the timing. I assume that scene was to have taken place “years ago” as Owen Shaw was still beat to hell in the hospital, yet Jack was obviously several years older when Shaw came after them. I’m not sure if I read into that right, but that’s my assumption. It would also help explain Han’s life in Tokyo and his entanglement with the Ya Kuza. Otherwise the hospital scene wouldn’t make sense if Owen is still bruised all to hell 3-4 years later.

Brian steppin on the gas, revin the engine, to pull up 2 inches in the minivan. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Excellent background detail on the story, to begin explaining Brian leaving the life in the end. Having Mia be pregnant again, Dom telling him how great he’s been to her, and taking care of his nephew, etc. Smartly played, and opens the door for them having Brian’s brother Caleb included in Fast 8 when the time comes. Brian and Mia can take off and leave, and they can always have Mia make a cameo or something, especially since she isn’t in this one much anyways.

The Hobbs fight with Transporter was :wow: :wow: :wow: :pimp: Good freaking Lord Rock was ripped to **** :smh: But that was a helluva fight.

Elsa’s hair tho. :smh:

Love the way they handled the Tokyo people, this franchise knows, and understands its roots, and they handled that very well imo.

Really liked the way Hobbs sent for Dom, and the exchange in the hospital, meeting his daughter, the pain meds joke, etc. All excellent stuff. :lol:

Quite possibly my favorite scene, ever in any Furious movie, was Dom simply lifting the car. :rofl: :rofl: I have to have someone help me open the trunk, and dude just LIFTED. A. Car. Brian: “You got this right?” :rofl: :rofl: That is the most Fast & Furious thing ever, the way they even took a sec to poke fun at themselves for him lifting a car just to grab a thumbdrive. :lol:

Giving Tej his shining moment to drop dude like nothin. :wow: :pimp:

Car jumping from building to building to building. :lol: No brakes, like he was gonna use them anyways. :lol: :smh:

Statham as Shaw was the more bad *** of all the villians they’ve gone against, but Owen Shaw’s TEAM was easily the best grouping they’ve used in the franchise. Not to mention still having Han and Gisele added to the cast as a whole as well. Like I said, I love what they did with 7, but open to close, Fast 6 is just the most technically complete film in the series, with all the necessary parts, best overall threat in terms of team vs team rather than just the one man crew who was absolutely dangerous, but only matched up with Hobbs and Dom the whole time.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dom driving a car off a cliff, but first having to do a few donuts to make some dust.

The Letty/Rousey fight was pretty good, but not as good as the Letty/Carano fight.

So, at Race Wars, when they completely wasted my time show Iggy for 3 seconds to sound and look absurd, the chick that started the race, the one that they took the camera up, and thru her, multiple times, like, we pretty much gave ol girl a cleansing we was so high up in that. That was a smidge strange. They always use the bikini girls for the races and what not, we’ve come to expect that, but I didn’t know we would all become gynecologists for this one. Remember the camera angles they used to use to show the fuel traveling thru the cars? I thought we were gonna run up thru her like that for a second, show her kidney’s, travel on up thru the lungs, heartbeat, larynx, and then out her mouth back into the view of the cars. :lol: :lol: :lol: Good Lord they overdid that one. Another part of me sittin there for a sec like, ????

I seen a drone in downtown LA, a helicopter launchin missiles, dude with a machine gun lighting up said helicopter, multiple cars speedin thru city streets like nothing, what we get, 2 cop cars, maybe 3? Perfect. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yo, they door slid down half a building of stairs. And it was AWESOME. :lol:

Stompin your foot on the asphalt should never be the end to a great fight. That needed to be re-looked at.

We stopped CPR, so we could whisper in his ear, and that brought him back to life. Ok.

Really liked the married reveal. Well done on that part at least, and hopefully closes the whole Letty inner turmoil stuff. I didn’t like that she took off, and Russell of all people brings her back for the mountain attack.

Loved the film, 6 is till currently my favorite in the series, just a notch ahead of this one, 7.8/8

Lookin forward to 8, you know it’s coming, we all do, it will likely be here in 2017 or maybe 2018. But it’s a no brainer, this movie is going to get HUGE money, maybe 300+ mil, and great reviews from everyone. My work alone is abuzz right now, and I’m the only one that saw it last night. Yet everyone has plans this weekend, and none of these people have ever spoken of a single one of the films before. They just all know. 8 will come, and it will continue the legacy.

The final scene. Perfection. Breathtaking. Absolutely wonderfully done. That was not Dom, that was Vin. That was not Letty, that was Michelle. That was not Roman, that was Tyrese. That was not Tej, that was Luda. Brilliantly done. Michelle was the key to me. Letty doesn’t tear up like that, Michelle does. And that’s when I needed to gulp down real hard. :lol: We alllllllll knew it was coming, but when it was there, it hurt. The final ride, the splitting of the lanes, the Dom speech at the end. My God, that was perfect. When you think about it, it’s about as real as it gets too, because you know that really was Caleb, and they really had to film that, knowing what it was and what it meant. That’s why it came off so damn real. One of the greatest scenes in the franchise. Tip of the cap to everyone involved in that, the writers, Wan, the actors, actresses, Paul’s family, everyone. Job well done.

#ForPaul

View media item 715199

I hope they stop now. Movie was dope. Producers did the right thing by PW. I think it's best to stop here, although on a bittersweet note. No reason to risk putting out a somewhat spinoff movie, kinda like TD. I get that the plot would be more relevant to the main story/core group, but looking to continue that without one of the primary leads could end up extremely horrible, [see Two and a Half Men post Charlie Sheen].

Last edited:
I hope they stop now. Movie was dope. Producers did the right thing by PW. I think it's best to stop here, although on a bittersweet note. No reason to risk putting out a somewhat spinoff movie, kinda like TD. I get that the plot would be more relevant to the main story/core group, but looking to continue that without one of the primary leads could end up extremely horrible, [see Two and a Half Men post Charlie Sheen].

Hard to get everyone to stop when they're all making so much money.

TD was dope doe.

Its the reason why we're here now.

People going over the top with the Bow wow hate. He's still was better than Jin.

TD wasnt that bad honestly. at first i hated it, but over the years after watching it many times. it got better. Bow wow wasnt that bad, his acting wasnt either.

I'd like to see the TD style racing and all that, but aside from that, leave that **** alone.

heading to happy hour with a bunch of friends at 5:30pm then to an 8:30pm showing, I want a big old bacon cheeseburger so bad but my girl will be disappointed if I do this on Good Friday :smh:

I am obviously not religious but will respect her feelings...sigh

This movie will do monster numbers. The 10:40am showing was packed. I have to head into work but a few thoughts real quick.
Overall it was great. You could sense here and there the change in directors. James Wan did a very good job taking the reigns from Justin Lin. A few things didn't quite land like they wanted... that whole Dom and Letty subplot was just cringeworthy at times even for this franchise. Any time they were together and the music came on I kind of mentally checked out for a few minutes.

The mountain scene might be one of their best action sequences in the franchise, right next to the bank vault scene in 5. I was really impressed overall. 

I missed the size of the ensemble, though. When they "assembled the crew" and it was only like four of them I was like "oh... that's right" Han's gone, Giselle is gone, Mia is at home, then Letty showed up and it just didn't feel the same. I know characters die for dramatic purposes, but I found myself missing the huge cast in 5. Plus I didn't like how the Rock was sidelined for most of the action.

The ending tribute was perfect. The crew getting to look at Brian and basically say their goodbyes and then he gets to ride off into the sunset after the montage (plus that was Paul Walker's actual Supra). It was the best way to send him off.

I'll give more thoughts and details later because I hae to head to work, but overall I loved it. Bittersweet and I found myself not enjoying it as much as I could have because of Paul, it was just in the back of my mind the whole time. All things considered, they did a great job. I might like it over 6, but 5 is still the best out of the new films. 

So who wants to make a NT Scary Movie version of Fast and the Furious...
We'll call it the Swift and the Savage

.....or better yet the Veloce and the Vicious 8 (aka V8. who needs a 1 through 7 anyway)

Back
Top Bottom