FanDuel Vol. The Best/Worst Thing To Happen to Fantasy Sports

Beat the CPU lol. Time to cash out on the cash game.

RoOk. What's a target score on VICTIV to cash on the 5$ restricted entry?

Hit 300 on draftkings agains. Alas, did not enter any pair contests once again

Last edited:
Didn't win a penny last night smh. Derozan, Wall, and Blake Griffin killed me. 5 game slate tonight :smokin

Lost one h2h, won one...Was fun though. Excited for tonight. Not many NBA games + got College Ball which should be interesting

Thoughts? Ive read most of this thread but still learning. Is Drummond a bad pick since hes up against Whiteside?

^ I don't like Drummond too much. A little too inconsistent imo plus Miami defends well against bigs. Also keep an eye on MCW's injury status. He sat out the entire 2nd half last night due to shin/ankle injuries.

SGs look weak today. Who you guys going with? I have Klay and Wesley Matthews as of now.

I wouldn't go Matthews, Lillard and Aldridge healthy and their usage is off the charts combined. And the pace of the Jazz is just brutal.

I wouldn't go Matthews, Lillard and Aldridge healthy and their usage is off the charts combined. And the pace of the Jazz is just brutal.
The minutes are there and he's been a 3 point machine. I figure if he can hit 4 of those and add a few peripheral stats he'll hit value. I'm just not a fan of any other SGs tonight :\.

^ I don't like Drummond too much. A little too inconsistent imo plus Miami defends well against bigs. Also keep an eye on MCW's injury status. He sat out the entire 2nd half last night due to shin/ankle injuries.
Thanks. This is the type of stuff I have to look into as I'm not as huge into NBA as I am saw CBB or Tennis. I'm putting together a nice CBB lineup tonight, might join one of the $200 contests

The minutes are there and he's been a 3 point machine. I figure if he can hit 4 of those and add a few peripheral stats he'll hit value. I'm just not a fan of any other SGs tonight :\.

I hear ya. Maybe Afflalo? Save $300 and Denver plays at a higher pace. Philly's defense is decent so you may not get as many points as you're looking for but the peripherals will be there.

I hear ya. Maybe Afflalo? Save $300 and Denver plays at a higher pace. Philly's defense is decent so you may not get as many points as you're looking for but the peripherals will be there.
Yeah I was looking at Afflalo but his last 2 games scare me. Both stinkers :lol:. But before that he was really solid. Might put him into a few entries though since I like having 2 cash lineups.

Last edited:
Stars and Scrubs line up

Curry
Lillard
Thompson
McLemore
Mbah a Moute
Ingles
Amundson
Jason Smith
Boogie Cousins

I really wish I could know the starting lineups of Boston, Denver and if MCW will play right now. I would feel super confident in a Melo/Klay/Cousins lineup :lol:

ESPN is starting to do daily DK and FanDuel tip sheets for Insiders.

NBA tip sheet for DraftKings: Feb. 3.

Each day, we'll provide you with the players to target in your daily leagues, from the high-priced studs to the solid mid-range values to the cheaper, riskier players with upside.

In general, you want to use safer options in your cash games and rely on some riskier, high-upside options in your bigger tournaments. If you can average six (6) points per $1,000 of salary used, you'll typically end up with at least some cash in your pocket.

Note: We're sending out these Insider tips early in the day, and much can change after these are posted. Be sure to follow this Twitter list of NBA reporters, bloggers and announcers for late-breaking injury updates and lineup changes.

POINT GUARD

High-Priced Studs

Ty Lawson, Denver Nuggets ($8,000) at PHI: Lawson hasn't hit 30 points over the past three games, but he has a high ceiling and a game against the down-and-out 76ers -- very possibly without Michael Carter-Williams (shin, ankle) -- will give him an opportunity to reach it.

Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers ($8,600) vs. UTA: The Jazz rank in the bottom third of the league in defending point guards in recent weeks, making this a nice matchup for Lillard, who is still burning from the highly publicized All-Star snub. But Lillard needs 56.1 points to reach value on DraftKings, a number he hasn't hit in the past 10 games.

Solid Values

Langston Galloway, New York Knicks ($5,300) vs. BOS: The out-of-knowhere rookie has played 30 minutes or more in seven-straight games, and has a great chance to reach value against a Celtics team that plays at the third-fastest pace in the NBA.

Mario Chalmers, Miami Heat ($5,500) at DET: As long as Dwyane Wade out and Chalmers is priced in this range, he's an attractive option. That's especially the case tonight against a Pistons team that struggles to stop PGs.

Cheap with Upside

Marcus Smart, Boston Celtics ($3,700) at NY: Need a reason to watch the Celtics-Knicks game? Rolling the dice on Smart could be just what you need. His minutes could rise into the mid 30s as Avery Bradley nurses a broken left thumb and is questionable. A great value at this price.

Trey Burke, Utah Jazz ($4,600) at POR: Burke continues to come off the bench, and he'll need to hit 27.6 DraftKings points to reach value tonight, but the favorable matchup against undersized PG Damian Lillard gives him a chance for a big night.

SHOOTING GUARD

High-Priced Studs

Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors ($8,500) at SAC: Thompson has dominated the Kings in three meetings this season (32 ppg, 4.7 apg, 2 rpg, 2.3 spg, 1 bpg) and will be heavily rostered in DFS leagues tonight. Only a blowout may prevent him from going off again.

Solid Values

Wesley Matthews, Portland Trail Blazers ($5,800) vs. UTA: All season long, the Jazz have been unable to slow down both shooting guards and small forwards. Look for Matthews to get some open looks from downtown.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Detroit Pistons ($4,000) vs. MIA: Miami plays at the slowest pace in the NBA (91.8 possessions per game) and defends SGs fairly well, but with Wade out and KCP at this price it's a decent gamble on a night where there are few solid SG options. KCP scored 28 points in 40 minutes on Saturday vs. Houston.

Cheap with Upside

Marcus Thornton, Boston Celtics ($3,100) at NY: Bradley's fractured thumb has him listed as questionable tonight, and if he doesn't play you can expect Thornton, typically instant offense off the bench, to play at least 25 minutes.

SMALL FORWARD

High-Priced Studs

Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz ($8,100) at POR: Hayward has been on fire lately (22.2 ppg, 7 rpg, 4.6 apg and 2.2 spg over his last five contests), and he faces a Portland team that ranks near the bottom in defending SFs in recent weeks.

Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks ($8,800) vs. Boston: It's always risky to go with Melo because of the possibility that he sits, but this is a great matchup for him against Boston's undersized frontcourt.

Solid Values

Nicolas Batum, Portland Trail Blazers ($4,900) vs. UTA: New DFS'ers take note -- any small forward who is playing against the Jazz is worthy of consideration in your lineup. Utah (Hayward) simply doesn't stop SFs.

Cheap with Upside

Danilo Gallinari, Denver Nuggets ($3,200) at PHI: At this price point, Gallinari only needs to get 19.2 DraftKings points to reach value tonight, and he should have a great chance to go well beyond that against Philly's woeful D.

Joe Ingles, Utah Jazz ($4,300) at POR: Ingles is a good one to take a flyer on tonight; he has averaged 30.6 minutes over the last five games, along with 8.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and 5.2 assists.

Andre Iguodala, Golden State Warriors ($3,400) at SAC: Quietly, Iguoadala's confidence has grown in recent games, and he could see extended minutes if this game gets away from the Kings. He has a low ceiling, however.

POWER FORWARD

High-Priced Studs

LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland Trail Blazers (9,400) vs. UTA: There are several other tempting options out there tonight (Chris Bosh, Greg Monroe), but none have put up big games this season quite like Aldridge. He has a chance to have another one tonight, as long as the game stays close.

Solid Values

Robert Covington, Philadelphia 76ers ($5,000) vs. DEN: A nice value whether MCW plays or not, Covington could sail past the 30 points he needs to reach value on DraftKings if Carter-Williams sits out.

Nerlens Noel, Philadelphia 76ers ($5,200) vs. DEN: No team has had as much difficulty defending PFs in recent weeks than Denver, and this is just the type of game where Noel's stat-stuffing ability could lead to 45-plus DraftKings points.

Brandon Bass, Boston Celtics ($5,200) at NY: Bass's activity has been excellent in recent games, and at this price he's worth a look considering that he'll likely be matched up against New York's Lou Amundson.

Cheap with Upside

Jason Smith, New York Knicks ($4,700) vs. BOS: Amare Stoudemire remains out, and as long as Cole Aldrich sits out tonight there will be a good chance for Smith to take advantage of Boston's poor defensive front line.

CENTER

High-Priced Studs

DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento Kings ($10,500) vs. GS: Cousins has averaged 23.3 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists and 1.7 steals per game in three meetings against Golden State this season, and he's a good bet to have another strong game tonight. Reaching value against the league's top D will be a tall task, however.

Hassan Whiteside, Miami Heat ($7,700) at DET: Suddenly everyone's favorite fantasy player, Whiteside is priced pretty high but has a great matchup against Andre Drummond, who gives up big games to opposing centers. Maybe the biggest high-risk, high-reward play of the night.

Solid Values

Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz ($5,400) at POR: Like always, Gobert's production will depend on his minutes, but there's a good chance Portland coach Terry Stotts will need him to play 25-plus minutes tonight to help slow down Aldridge and company.

Cheap with Upside

Jusuf Nurkic, Denver Nuggets ($4,400) at PHI: If Nurkic can stay out of foul trouble and log 25 minutes in what figures to be a sloppy game against the 76ers, he has a chance to sneak up on 35 DraftKings points tonight.

Tyler Zeller, Boston Celtics ($4,100) at NY: There are lots of reasons to like Zeller in this matchup. His confidence his back up. The Knicks frontline is undermanned with Stoudemire out and possibly Aldrich as well. And Kelly Olynyk remains sidelined for the Celtics.

NBA tip sheet for FanDuel: Feb. 3.

POINT GUARD

High-Priced Studs

Ty Lawson, Denver Nuggets ($8,400) at PHI: Lawson hasn't hit 30 points over the past three games, but he has a high ceiling and a game against the down-and-out 76ers -- very possibly without Michael Carter-Williams (shin, ankle) -- will give him an opportunity to reach it.

Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors ($10,000) at SAC: On a night with many top-tier point guards to choose from, none have the upside of Curry. Keep in mind, though, that Curry has been held to 37.5 percent shooting and 15.3 ppg in three previous meetings against Sacramento this season.

Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers ($8,700) vs. UTA: The Jazz rank in the bottom third of the league in defending point guards in recent weeks, making this a nice matchup for Lillard, who is still burning from the highly publicized All-Star snub. But Lillard needs 43.5 points to reach value on FanDuel, a number he hasn't hit in the past 10 games.

Solid Values

Langston Galloway, New York Knicks ($5,300) vs. BOS: The out-of-knowhere rookie has played 30 minutes or more in seven straight games, and has a great chance to reach value against a Celtics team that plays at the third-fastest pace in the NBA.

Mario Chalmers, Miami Heat ($5,100) at DET: As long as Dwyane Wade out and Chalmers is priced in this range, he's an attractive option. That's especially the case tonight against a Pistons team that struggles to stop PGs.

Cheap with Upside

Marcus Smart, Boston Celtics ($4,600) at NY: Need a reason to watch the Celtics-Knicks game? Rolling the dice on Smart could be just what you need. His minutes could rise into the mid-30s as Avery Bradley nurses a broken left thumb and is questionable.

SHOOTING GUARD

High-Priced Studs

Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors ($8,200) at SAC: Thompson has dominated the Kings in three meetings this season (32 ppg, 4.7 apg, 2 rpg, 2.3 spg, 1 bpg) and will be heavily rostered in DFS leagues tonight. Only a blowout may prevent him from going off again.

Solid Values

Wesley Matthews, Portland Trail Blazers ($5,800) vs. UTA: All season long, the Jazz have been unable to slow down both shooting guards and small forwards. Look for Matthews to get some open looks from downtown.

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Detroit Pistons ($4,800) vs. MIA: Miami plays at the slowest pace in the NBA (91.8 possessions per game) and defends SGs fairly well, but with Wade out and KCP at this price, it's a decent gamble on a night where there are few solid SG options. KCP scored 28 points in 40 minutes on Saturday vs. Houston.

Cheap with Upside

Marcus Thornton, Boston Celtics ($3,800) at NY: Bradley's fractured thumb has him listed as questionable tonight, and if he doesn't play you can expect Thornton, typically instant offense off the bench, to play at least 25 minutes.

SMALL FORWARD

High-Priced Studs

Gordon Hayward, Utah Jazz ($8,100) at POR: Hayward has been on fire lately (22.2 ppg, 7 rpg, 4.6 apg and 2.2 spg over his last five contests), and he faces a Portland team that ranks near the bottom in defending SFs in recent weeks.

Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks ($9,500) vs. Boston: It's always risky to go with Melo because of the possibility that he sits, but this is a great matchup for him against Boston's undersized frontcourt.

Solid Values

Robert Covington, Philadelphia 76ers ($5,700) vs. DEN: A nice value whether MCW plays or not, Covington could sail past the 28.5 points he needs to reach value on FanDuel if Carter-Williams sits out.

Nicolas Batum, Portland Trail Blazers ($5,400) vs. UTA: New DFS'ers take note -- any small forward who is playing against the Jazz is worthy of consideration in your lineup. Utah (Hayward) simply doesn't stop SFs.

Cheap with Upside

Danilo Gallinari, Denver Nuggets ($3,600) at PHI: At this price point, Gallinari only needs to get 18 FanDuel points to reach value tonight, and he should have a great chance to go well beyond that against Philly's woeful D.

Joe Ingles, Utah Jazz ($4,400) at POR: Ingles is a good one to take a flyer on tonight; he has averaged 30.6 minutes over the last five games, along with 8.8 points, 3.6 rebounds and 5.2 assists.

Andre Iguodala, Golden State Warriors ($4,100) at SAC: Quietly, Iguoadala's confidence has grown in recent games, and he could see extended minutes if this game gets away from the Kings. He has a low ceiling, however.

POWER FORWARD

High-Priced Studs

LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland Trail Blazers (9,900) vs. UTA: There are several other tempting options out there tonight (Chris Bosh, Greg Monroe), but none have put up big games this season quite like Aldridge. He has a chance to have another one tonight, as long as the game stays close.

Derrick Favors, Utah Jazz ($7,500) at POR: Favors has averaged over 30 FanDuel points over the last three games, and a matchup against Robin Lopez, who is set to return after a month-long layoff (ankle), should give him a chance to finish in the 30s again tonight.

Solid Values

Nerlens Noel, Philadelphia 76ers ($6,100) vs. DEN: No team has had as much difficulty defending PFs in recent weeks than Denver, and this is just the type of game where Noel's stat-stuffing ability could lead to 40-plus FanDuel points.

Brandon Bass, Boston Celtics ($5,300) at NY: Bass's activity has been excellent in recent games, and at this price he's worth a look considering that he'll likely be matched up against New York's Lou Amundson.

Cheap with Upside

Jason Smith, New York Knicks ($4,600) vs. BOS: Amare Stoudemire remains out, and as long as Cole Aldrich sits out tonight there will be a good chance for Smith to take advantage of Boston's poor defensive front line.

CENTER

High-Priced Studs

DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento Kings ($10,900) vs. GS: Cousins has averaged 23.3 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists and 1.7 steals per game in three meetings against Golden State this season, and he's a good bet to have another strong game tonight. Reaching value against the league's top D will be a tall task, however.

Solid Values

Hassan Whiteside, Miami Heat ($7,000) at DET: Everyone's favorite fantasy player, Whiteside has a great matchup tonight against Andre Drummond, who gives up big games to opposing centers.

Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz ($6,100) at POR: Like always, Gobert's production will depend on his minutes, but there's a good chance Portland coach Terry Stotts will need him to play 25-plus minutes tonight to help slow down Aldridge and company.

Cheap with Upside

Tyler Zeller, Boston Celtics ($4,900) at NY: There are lots of reasons to like Zeller in this matchup. His confidence his back up. The Knicks frontline is undermanned with Stoudemire out and possibly Aldrich as well. And Kelly Olynyk remains out for the Celtics.

Jusuf Nurkic, Denver Nuggets ($4,800) at PHI: If Nurkic can stay out of foul trouble and log 25 minutes in what figures to be a sloppy game against the 76ers, he has a chance to sneak up on 30 FanDuel points tonight.

Back
Top Bottom