FanDuel Vol. The Best/Worst Thing To Happen to Fantasy Sports

Thought jarret jack was starting tonight. Used him in my last tier for a pick em. Was like 20 points from winning $200 off $2. Pretty much if I would have started anyone but jack I woulda took it. I gotta start checking this gtd reports. Smh

Got back on a winning track last night in a $5 triple up and $2 entry in a $1,500 tourney. Finished 13th in the big tourney and won like 15 bucks and finished top 9 in triple up.

Tonight is only 3 games so I'm going all out since i usually do good when its a small sample size of games

Played an NBA tourney and NHL tourney for the hell of it on Sunday, didn't win any on either. I like the concept though.

Played an NBA tourney and NHL tourney for the hell of it on Sunday, didn't win any on either. I like the concept though.

Do not play tournys as a beginner unless you are 100% confident about your lineup. You will blow your money fast. Stay in 50/50 leagues for now.

Do not play tournys as a beginner unless you are 100% confident about your lineup. You will blow your money fast. Stay in 50/50 leagues for now.
Agree for the most part. I would just like to add this.... It's fun to play tournaments, so if you like playing them keep at it. But... I would definitely put more money towards 50/50s. Personally I play lots of tournaments but for every dollar I have in a tournament I usually have 5-10x as much in 50/50s. Even though you're paying the vig your return on investment is gonna be much greater in a 50/50 as opposed to a tournament.
What does 50/50 mean again?
A "50/50" is a tournament/league where 50% of the entries win money. So for example on DK if you enter a 40 person 50/50 with a $5 entry the top 20 finishers out of 40 will win money($9).

Last night was one of the craziest nights I've ever seen/had in daily fantasy. Almost everyone loaded up on players in the Wolves/Sixers game and rightfully so. I however did not. I was bumming half way through the second quarter thinking I was in trouble as they were scoring like crazy in that game. Luckily for me Wolves pulled away enough by the end of the third that no starters on either team played the forth. Then my Jordan/Collison/Crawford combo in the late game crushed and I cashed in every contest. Back rolling again after a disastrous week from Christmas to New Years.

This is what I'm rolling with tonight...

Kyrie Irving

Dwyane Wade

Gerald Green

Andre Drummond

Tristan Thompson

Jrue Holiday

Mike Dunleavy

Kendall Marshall

Lot of guys in the mid to lower tier that I liked tonight so it was tough making a lineup especially with so many games. Makes it tough. GL to anyone else playing tonight...

Last edited:
Man **** this fantasy life.

Im done for a good week bros need a break. Thad young f you

Last edited:

Man, I'm supremely confident while in competition. :lol:

But, I'll heed your advice, definitely trying to win some money

:lol: this life can really piss you off at times i've been there before :smh:

Dude i thought i had the perfect squad. Spent all day perfecting my lineup, feeling great... Than thad young who just won player of the week goes scoreless! REALLY?!

Than on top, I take CJ miles out my lineup last minute for Norris Cole...CMON B.

Crazy

Dude i thought i had the perfect squad. Spent all day perfecting my lineup, feeling great... Than thad young who just won player of the week goes scoreless! REALLY?!

Than on top, I TAKE CJ MILES OUT OF MY LINEUP LAST MINUTE for Norris Cole...CMON B.

Crazy
Did the exact same thing tonight. It happens. 

One thing that I think could help a lot of you guys when creating your lineup...

We'll take Thaddeus Young as an example since you mentioned him and he actually about the best example you can find. Dude has been killing it lately. You'd have a hard time finding someone not named Love/Durant thats been putting up numbers like he has the last 2 weeks but if you used him today you'd be paying for him at or very near his peak value. Eight games ago when he started going off and the couple games after was when playing him had value. Now that his draft price has gone up over 20% most if not all of his value has been sucked out.  You best bet is to stay away from players who's price/cost has shot up like that. We'll have to wait and see but I think another example of this is Kendall Marshall. I got sucked into playing him today but when I was looking through the player pool last night I had a difficult time deciding if his price had gotten to the point where it was past his potential.  

Is this always easy to do? No, but not only does this give you the advantage of not overpaying for a player it also helps you stay away from picking players that half the player pool is also going to select. 

so yea Hibbert got me 6.8 points. If i chose any other starting C in the league i would have won between $500 and $10,000. Still won 100 though :smh:

alright, signed up for draft kings gonna try a few 50/50 NBA matchups and one NFL 50/50, can anyone take a look at my lineup before I hit submit. Kind of nervous but only trying the small amount entry fees until I get used to it.

NBA
PG Ty Lawson
SG Dwyane Wade
SF Kevin Durant
PF Serge Ibaka
C Nick Collison
G Evan Fournier
F Kenneth Faried
UTIL Shane Battier

NFL, I have a harder time with this lineup since I'm not used to it yet, kind of blew my cap on Peyton and Knowshon.
QB Peyton Manning
RB Frank Gore
RB Knowshon Moreno
WR T.Y. Hilton
WR Michael Crabtree
TE Vernon Davis
FLEX Ronnie Brown
K Phil Dawson
DST Broncos

alright, signed up for draft kings gonna try a few 50/50 NBA matchups and one NFL 50/50, can anyone take a look at my lineup before I hit submit. Kind of nervous but only trying the small amount entry fees until I get used to it.

NBA
PG Ty Lawson
SG Dwyane Wade
SF Kevin Durant
PF Serge Ibaka
C Nick Collison
G Evan Fournier
F Kenneth Faried
UTIL Shane Battier

Do not go with this lineup. To win money you need your players to get between 20-50 points each. Shane, Nick, and Evan wont give u 20+ each.

Last edited:

NBA
PG Ty Lawson
SG Dwyane Wade
SF Kevin Durant
PF Serge Ibaka
C Nick Collison
G Evan Fournier
F Kenneth Faried
UTIL Shane Battier

Do not go with this lineup. To win money you need your players to get between 20-50 points each. Shane, Nick, and Evan wont give u 20+ each.

I had like 9k left and those 3 were 3k each. Took out Shane since I just read he's out so I replaced him with Darrell Arthur.

So should I just rework my lineup and maybe take out Durant and spend the rest on midlevel guys? Here's one I did real quick by taking out Durant

PG Ty Lawson
SG Dwyane Wade
SF Michael Beasley
PF Serge Ibaka
C Timofey Mozgov
G Randy Foye
F Kenneth Faried
UTIL J.J. Hickson

Last edited:
so yea Hibbert got me 6.8 points. If i chose any other starting C in the league i would have won between $500 and $10,000. Still won 100 though :smh:
I had like 9k left and those 3 were 3k each. Took out Shane since I just read he's out so I replaced him with Darrell Arthur.

So should I just rework my lineup and maybe take out Durant and spend the rest on midlevel guys? Here's one I did real quick by taking out Durant

PG Ty Lawson
SG Dwyane Wade
SF Michael Beasley
PF Serge Ibaka
C Timofey Mozgov
G Randy Foye
F Kenneth Faried
UTIL J.J. Hickson
Try the pick em leagues. Much easier

My squad for tonight
$55 10 team, double up, pick em

Kevin Durant
Ty Lawson
Reggie Jackson
Kenneth Faried
Iman Shumpert
Timofey Mozgov
Norris Cole
Nate Robinson

Last edited:

PG Ty Lawson
SG Dwyane Wade
SF Michael Beasley
PF Serge Ibaka
C Timofey Mozgov
G Randy Foye
F Kenneth Faried
UTIL J.J. Hickson
Good Luck to anyone playing tonight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom