Facebook Buys Instagram For 1 Billion Dollars...

Originally Posted by crcballer55

Originally Posted by xXJaguar25Xx

I was actually thinking it'd be a good idea in investing or buying shares in instagram

Can one of you stock experts shed some light on if that would have been posible
Not possible. It's a private company so you can't buy shares on the open market without having connections to an investment bank and even then you would need several hundred thousand minimum to invest for them to even talk to you.
Ahhh... thank you sir for the insight!

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Facebook's downlfall will be Google. Mark my words.

I honestly thought when g+ came out everyone would hop on it and leave FB the same way everyone left myspace for FB. Kinda sad it didn't cause I think g+ is awesome even though I only have like 5 friends on it

From the Instagram Blog:

wrote:
Instagram + Facebook

When Mike and I started Instagram nearly two years ago, we set out to change and improve the way the world communicates and shares. We’ve had an amazing time watching Instagram grow into a vibrant community of people from all around the globe. Today, we couldn’t be happier to announce that Instagram has agreed to be acquired by Facebook.

Every day that passes, we see more experiences being shared through Instagram in ways that we never thought possible. It’s because of our dedicated and talented team that we’ve gotten this far, and with the support and cross-pollination of ideas and talent at a place like Facebook, we hope to create an even more exciting future for Instagram and Facebook alike.

It’s important to be clear that Instagram is not going away. We’ll be working with Facebook to evolve Instagram and build the network. We’ll continue to add new features to the product and find new ways to create a better mobile photos experience.

The Instagram app will still be the same one you know and love. You’ll still have all the same people you follow and that follow you.You’ll still be able to share to other social networks. And you’ll still have all the other features that make the app so fun and unique.
We’re psyched to be joining Facebook and are excited to build a better Instagram for everyone.

Best,
Kevin

CEO, Instagram

XrcrI.gif

Instagram only 2 years old? Wow. Good money.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Zuck's the man. Next up: Twitter?!?

He offered Twitter $500 million and they turned him down. They said regardless if they offered more, they would have turned him down cause they believe they are going to be worth more in the future.

Originally Posted by Kramer

I honestly thought when g+ came out everyone would hop on it and leave FB the same way everyone left myspace for FB. Kinda sad it didn't cause I think g+ is awesome even though I only have like 5 friends on it
The thing is, social networking has nearly reached an apex. Google is honestly like 5-6 years too late on this supposed mass exodus of FB. Had G+ came out in around 05, there's
no telling how much they could have cut into FB's advancement. Unless Google figures out a way to have holograms pop up in people's homes, G+ will continue to be the slight

novelty project that it seems to be.

In a related note, G+ has acquired 6 people that can hopefully explain what G+ is good for.

Damn, Twitter and Instagram was what I used to get AWAY from Facebook

6 months tops before Facebook makes an Instagram.com (it won't be exclusive to mobile devices) and it's inhabited by hoodrats and middle schoolers

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by Kramer

The thing is, social networking has nearly reached an apex. Google is honestly like 5-6 years too late on this supposed mass exodus of FB. Had G+ came out in around 05, there's
no telling how much they could have cut into FB's advancement. Unless Google figures out a way to have holograms pop up in people's homes, G+ will continue to be the slight

novelty project that it seems to be.

Project Glass

Originally Posted by xXJaguar25Xx

I was actually thinking it'd be a good idea in investing or buying shares in instagram

Can one of you stock experts shed some light on if that would have been posible

It was a private start up company so unless you gave the Instagram team some start up cash or you worked for Instagram you ate not getting any shared.

^^^I hope that was the very beginning stages of when I recently seen that, otherwise, that's just a bunch of...stuff.

!@%# I hate zuckerburg and Facebook and now they taking over this %+#* so it will be public domain and archived and searchable. Hate him.

Back
Top Bottom