F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Well, damn... there goes that bloody finger again. :rolleyes

Entertaining last set of laps to end the race. Good show. Too bad Ferrari didn't have much of a good showing today. Damn shame.

this guy wins again :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

That Alonso-Perez battle at the end :pimp:

I was only able to watch the last 8 laps of the race since I woke up late. I'm gonna have to watch the replay.

this guy wins again :stoneface: :stoneface: :stoneface:

That Alonso-Perez battle at the end :pimp:

I was only able to watch the last 8 laps of the race since I woke up late. I'm gonna have to watch the replay.

I'm saying... :stoneface:

Anyway, you didn't miss out on much. The middle segment of the race was rather boring. The start was unusually spirited, to say the leas, though.

EDIT: Oh, you missed out on the McLaren boys racing. That's worth a watch. :rofl:

Last edited:
Our own team racing against one another? :smh:

If only Di Resta could have kept 3rd place, I would have been the least content with this race. But I understand his tyres were already losing grip :frown:

Our own team racing against one another? :smh:

If only Di Resta could have kept 3rd place, I would have been the least content with this race. But I understand his tyres were already losing grip :frown:

"Oh no, it's happened again!" (Had to) :rofl:

Well, Checo apparently had to show some pace, following that disappointing opening set of races this season. Too bad he had to take it out on Jenson. :lol: Alonso would've had him in the bag, had his DRS not failed. Any post-race reprimands for that incident, though? Unlikely.

Apparently, Mika Salo was the driver steward this race. Good to see he's still around in F1.

Last edited:
Well, damn... what a race... &$^# Seb, but the rest was nuts. A bit too much for Checo, but fair play to him... he was asked to fight, and he did so. I'm all for racing, but the wheel-banging wasn't needed. Out-muscled Alonso too LOL.  So disappointed for JB... his tires had nothing left.  Fair play to McLaren for letting them race.

Man, Ferrari was crazy-unlucky though.  

Happy for Kimi and Di Resta.

LOL.

Loved watching Sergio today, he drives the way people do in video games pushing other cars around and does not give a damn:lol: . A bit reckless, but very entertaining.

To be fair, Fernando didn't have his DRS working, so he got overtaken on the straight fairly easily, but he more than held his own in the corners. :lol: :tongue: But yeah, Checo pushing his luck with his overly aggressive driving style -not as bonkers as Lewis' though. :lol:

^ Yep... but it just shows how much better the Ferrari is vs some of the other cars. Lacking in straightline, but making up for it in the twisty-bits.  Still a good race for Alonso.

Nope, no Seb here.

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Bahrain+0UWQpJehtlpx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Bahrain+r6zsEXg7JDVx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Bahrain+GIKzEvPF6DDx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Bahrain+04KYcytfAUFx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Bahrain+r2qNWGm8mHex.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Bahrain+TjiRM9vfZWqx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Bahrain+KjqDVCR9Y0Bx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Bahrain+gB6S_7T1wizx.jpg

^ :rofl:

Yea I still find some of them funny, second episode was hilarious to me.

Spanish GP is still a long way to go, so I have a question for you guys. Aesthetically speaking, which is your favorite car? Doesn't matter the year or the constructor.

^ This year? Ferrari, Lotus, and Sauber. McLaren has always been aesthetically pleasing. Not that fond of the purple Red Bull. Definitely dislike the Force India and Marussia livery. Caterham and Williams are ok.

In the last decade? The F2003 GA and F2007. BMW's F1.08 was pretty nice aesthetically, too. Brawn GP's practically blank cars were cool as well.

Senna's race cars were awesome-looking as well. The Lotus 98T and McLaren MP4-4

The FW14B is up there, too. :pimp:

Last edited:
In other news... Happy 32nd Birthday Felipe Massa. Hope the guy gets a chance to redeem himself in races soon.

Of course I'm biased towards McLaren, so for starters, 

MP4/4

mp4-4_mclaren-honda_1988.jpg

MP4/5

mp4-5b-mcla-senna-06-1990.jpg

MP*****

D60F9D498E774578C125702000553EAE_PMC1_F1_300.jpg

Always loved the old-school Williams livery...

The legendary FW14B

g%20Williams%20FW14B%20-%2001.jpg

Williams FW16 with the classic Rothmans livery...

williams_fw16_renault_img_25436.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully it's a full timed lap, even if he doesn't go all out. Put the lap record out of reach.
SCHUMACHER TO DRIVE MERCEDES F1 CAR AT THE NORDSCHLEIFE
[emoji]169[/emoji] F1 Pulse, 25 April 2013

[emoji]169[/emoji] Daimler
Michael Schumacher will be back in a Formula 1 car next month to say ‘thank you’ to his fans for their support.

The seven-time world champion, who retired at the end of the last season, will drive around the Nurburgring-Nordschleife in a 2011 Mercedes F1 car on May 19, before the start of the 24-hour race around the Nurburgring.

“I am really looking forward to giving fans and friends from my home town of Kerpen, which is quite close to the Nürburgring, something to remember as they see me drive by,” Schumacher said. “But it will be a fantastic experience for me too, driving along the Nordschleife in a state-of–the-art Formula 1 Silver Arrow, particularly in view of the fact that the Silver Arrow’s legend began here.

“Posting a lap in a modern Silver Arrow on the most beautiful and most testing circuit in the world, what a brilliant mix – it’s every motor racing driver’s dream!” he added.

Schumacher covered part of the Nordschleife in a Mercedes-Benz Silver Arrow Stromlinie W196 in July 2011.

Next month's demonstration lap will be the first time since Juan Manuel Fangio’s victory on August 1 1954 that a modern Mercedes F1 car will run at the Nordschleife.

In April, Schumacher and Mercedes had announced a long-term partnership that goes far beyond motor racing. The record-breaking champion will represent the brand as an ambassador and provide back-up for issues relating to future developments.

^ It might be Schumi, but I can't wait to see it.

I hope it's a full-lap too, cuz the one with Heidfeld was kinda meh... just him driving around in various sections following a camera-car. The thing is, as the track has so many undulations, I dunno how they would setup the car to handle it. 

EDIT ~ LOL.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom