F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

:nerd:

like i said in my post, Webber will do fine with SF tho he's still be no.2 :lol:
SF would be a great place to end a career. look at Fisi, he pulled a stunning race at Spa then moved to SF and then retired. at least Webber will be behind someone by about his age unlike with RB, he has to babysit a lil brat.

one thing about sports team is you always want to a great career in high note. nobody wants to go on that Villneuve, R.Schumacher route ending their stint in a scrub teams like Rubens, Jarno, Alesi etc

F1 quickly becoming my second favorite sport behind futbol. I find myself looking forward to the races :smokin

Who would've though Mercedes would have back-to-back poles? :wow: :pimp:

Massa starting 4th tomorrow. Wonder how he fares with those hard tyres.

McLaren overjoyed getting into Q3 there
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
Man, JB's just getting everything out of that car... 

Who saw that coming from Nico!? 
nerd.gif

Still, race pace and tire-wear still puts Ferrari and Lotus in front.  Brilliant move by Massa's team to quali on the primes, knowing Mark and Lewis had penalties. P4 on Primes. 

The reason for Lewis' penalty...

F1+Grand+Prix+Bahrain+Qualifying+9VaGLif_kUjx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+Bahrain+Qualifying+v4HypZj2PTRx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+Bahrain+Qualifying+Z7l0JBA3Py5x.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+Bahrain+Qualifying+tdIUWYWhKgIx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+Bahrain+Qualifying+4pEHNc5njfWx.jpg

New upgrades won't be available till Spain. Remember, it was only 1 week between China and Bahrain, so there were never gonna be any new parts for this weekend.  They had a few new parts for China last week, but the gains weren't substantial. They probably gained a tenth or two from those parts. 

F1 drivers to be left without cockpit warning lights for Bahrain GP
By Jonathan Noble Sunday, April 21st 2013, 10:12 GMT

Formula 1 drivers will once again be left without cockpit warning lights for the Bahrain Grand Prix, after issues with the FIA's electronic marshalling system continued at Sakhir this weekend.

For the first three races of the season, the FIA has had to switch off the telemetry aspect of its marshalling system because of concerns it was not bulletproof enough for use in an actual grand prix.

The telemetry system informs the drivers about warning flags, the use of a safety car, and also when DRS has been enabled or disabled.

The issues have come to light at the start of this season because the FIA switched to a new supplier.

Although FIA race director Charlie Whiting has said he is now happy with the marshalling lights and GPS aspects of the system, the telemetry issue remains significant enough for it to be turned off once again.

At the Chinese Grand Prix, a number of drivers were called to the stewards to explain why they had used DRS under yellow flag conditions.

In the end, the stewards elected to not hand out any penalties because of the mitigating circumstances caused by the telemetry issues, as DRS was not automatically disabled.

The FIA is working hard to ensure that the situation is improved in time for the start of the European season in Spain in three weeks' time.

Hmmm.... Fernando didn't spin out while having DRS out of corners. Codemasters seems to be doing something wrong with them video games. :lol: :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom