F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I mean, without a doubt, DTS really grew the sport... but at the same time, it also brought along a different type of fandom, which many not be better for the sport as a whole. Some of the toxicity from these Stans is pretty bad, unfortunately. :smh: Not all, but some.

take a look at some of the long time F1 fans too. Take a look at the Tifosi. Anyone saying there isn't a high degree of toxicity that exists within those groups is a flat out liar.

DTS brought more eyeballs to the sport, and while large swaths of those new fans may be technically uninformed, they're no better or worse than existing fans.

Haters are gonna lose it when Lebron, Serena and Lewis get that picture together :emoji_laughing:

take a look at some of the long time F1 fans too. Take a look at the Tifosi. Anyone saying there isn't a high degree of toxicity that exists within those groups is a flat out liar.

DTS brought more eyeballs to the sport, and while large swaths of those new fans may be technically uninformed, they're no better or worse than existing fans.
Oh, there were definitely toxic fans back then... and every team/driver had them. Tribalism in sports is nothing new... football fanatics are just as bad. I remember seeing some crazyass Tweets from some Lewis fans (pre-DTS) who always blamed/abused the team when it didn't go well for Lewis and would only praise Lewis when things did go well. Of course, I'm not singling out Lewis cuz these fans are everywhere.

But post-DTS, I've just seen more of it on social media, I think. I dunno what it is, but the reaction is like what I've seen years ago from, say, Bieber fanatics, BTS fanatics, etc. Quick to judge, super abusive and quick to cancel. And like I said before, I have no issue with new fans, DTS fans or whatever... if they are genuinely into the sport, fantastic. But with any growing fanbase, I guess there will always be their share of toxic fans... it's just unavoidable.

Yea unfortunately fandom will come with different degrees of toxicity.

End of the day I think it is a Net positive for the sport. For me, I think it opens up a whole new possibility of young new fans that can potentially be the next WDC.

That DRS zone under the turnpike looks interesting, guess I found my camping spot to “break down” in :rofl:

I mean, I guess ppl who grew up playing throwing sports take it for granted, but for a lot of them who didn't, I imagine the throwing motion can feel very awkward. Same for ppl who don't know how to kick a ball, I suppose.

I mean, I guess ppl who grew up playing throwing sports take it for granted, but for a lot of them who didn't, I imagine the throwing motion can feel very awkward. Same for ppl who don't know how to kick a ball, I suppose.

Let's be fair... you don't have to have grown up playing any kind of "throwing sports" in order to not look like Max while throwing :emoji_joy:

They absolutely does/did. They're now sponsoring Nascar/Bubba Wallace, I think.
1651729035407.png

I'm extremely hype for the Miami GP!

With the track being new and some of those corners looking like they're gonna cause mistakes (anyone know where I can bet on a Latifi shunt?) plus rain on the forecast, I feel like we're in for a really unpredictable weekend.

I think Max will win it (even though it would be amazing to see him fall victim to a reliability issue again) but if the Merc upgrades are worth anything, George Russell might make things really uncomfortable for Sir Larbaliester in the Mercedes garage.

Back
Top Bottom