F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

there's a McLaren in my GF's condo's parking garage with the plate TRACMAC...would love to take that for a spin :lol:

The aero piece above the front tires in the new F1 cars could be a safety issue.

It could end up being a projectile aimed directly at the driver during a high speed crash
I'm sure they would have considered this, but I think the wing is more secured than it looks. It's one entire piece of the brake-duct. They've had less secure winglets in the past.

My biggest concern (and I'm sure all the teams would have considered this) is that wheelgun air lines from the pitstops could get caught between the wings and tyres. Small possibility, but still possble.

x3gsx1syzjj81.jpg

ghvg6hwkpjj81.jpg

kjpli9szmjj81.jpg

2g62h7ibalj81.jpg

0zk24l4pojj81.jpg
mb0rjo2jlkj81.jpg

Sir Lewis Hamilton Calls for 'Non-biased' stewards in F1

It's wild that he even has to say this.

Toto went the politically correct route, when asked to follow up, but I wish he would have directly echoed the real 2021 World Champion's sentiments.

There's just no room for another Masi moment in the sport.

Mercedes got Masi ousted, they need to stop crying and move on.

If Mercedes had gotten their way, Abu Dhabi and the WDC would’ve ended behind a safety car. That would’ve been worse for the sport than what actually happened…

And I support Ferrari btw…so I honestly couldn’t care less who won the WDC between Lewis and Max

Last edited:

If Mercedes had gotten their way, Abu Dhabi and the WDC would’ve ended behind a safety car. That would’ve been worse for the sport than what actually happened…

And I support Ferrari btw…so I honestly couldn’t care less who won the WDC between Lewis and Max

How about not letting SOME of the cars unlap themselves in the interest of having a dramatic finish? Or just following the rules and not skewing towards an "interpretation" that allows for the most dramatic finish?? There's absolutely no debate to be had about whether Masi followed the rules as they're spelled out in the FIA regulations.

When you say if Mercedes got their way- do you mean, Masi just doesn't screw the entire thing up? Because that's exactly what happened and the only people that don't agree with that are either Drivers that can't beat Lewis and are just happy to see him get screwed or Red Bull.

It wasn't about Merc getting their way, it was about Masi not following the rules. And when you think about it, Verstappen was on fresh tires at that point so the outcome was a near certainty...

Masi got himself outsted. He cost Lewis an 8th title and it remains unforgivable.

You don't simply "move on" from getting cheated out of a world championship.

Last edited:
It was reported that more than a few other teams called for Masi's head besides Merc. **** Max himself hated him for a while before :lol:

Hoping that the new set up and rules make for a cleaner season overall and doesn't sacrifice the integrity of the sport for the sake of entertainment value. Damn near everyone involved from drivers to team officials have said something to the effect that the finale to last season and the controversy afterwards was a real bad look for everyone that overshadowed an amazing season so I doubt they're ever gonna want that to happen again.

i don't see how deciding the title by breaking/bending/changing the rules is possibly better but that said it's behind us all and agreed it's time to move on. no point talking about it any further

How could a safety car ending be worse than bending the rules/integrity of the sport? They gave all the advantages to one person on the grid. How is that in the spirit of the sport? Come on man. I get it would be boring but it’s a sport that should follow its own rules over entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom