F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Regarding the unsafe release of Max:

Article 28.13 c) and 38.3 d) state, that the penalty for an unsafe release is a 10 second stop and go penalty.

I have no idea why Max did not get it.

I think it was lenient due to the congested pitlane so its hard for the pit crew to see. I need to see it again though that said, I still he should've got ten seconds.

Surprised Bottas didn't get a penalty for slowing the pack up too.

Glad to see some breathing room for Lewis in the standings.

4 wins in 6 which makes this his best start ever to a season that I can think of.
It's his 77th win, on the 77th Monaco GP. 14 to go to match Schumacher
15 podiums to go Match Schumachers 155

Last edited:
Ferrari beastly on the straights.
Merc probably had to trim some down force.

Good to see some competition and will be interesting to see long run pace since Mercedes had the best on Friday but Ferrari made big changes overnight.

It was incredible to see the cars in person yesterday...can't wait to go to the race today. Been an amazing weekend already.

IMG_20190608_151122.jpg

Bottas taking the zamboni out for a spin :lol:

Today should be interesting after qualifying,hoping for some drama for a change

Vettel is pissed. He might get DQ'd at this rate if he doesn't go on the podium.

I don't agree with the penalty.
It did look like a squeeze against Lewis but Vettel's main concern would've been keeping the car under control so its hard to say.

I need to see the replay again because it looks like Seb could've stayed off the racing line when rejoining.
Need to see Anthony Davies or Jolyon Palmers analysis on this.

What drama

27.3 Drivers must make every reasonable effort to use the track at all times and may not deliberately leave the track without a justifiable reason. Drivers will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. Should a car leave the track the driver may re‐join, however, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any lasting advantage. At the absolute discretion of the race director a driver may be given the opportunity to give back the whole of any advantage he gained by leaving the track.

The regulations

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom