EXPLOSION @ Boston Marathon

I equate conspiracy theorists with people afflicted with Pica. With Pica, a lot of times the craving to eat non-nutritive substances is caused by some sort of deficiency. They eat non-nutritive things that usually contain whatever mineral their body lacks. So a Pica sufferer who eats clay or soil usually has a iron deficiency.

This is why I equate conspiracy theorists to some Pica sufferers. What is deficient in the lives of conspiracy theorists that makes their made up, fictionalized world the more plausible world for them to live in? What do conspiracy theorists lack in their lives that causes them to always be skeptical? Truthfully, the world that conspiracy nuts concoct is actual sadder than the real world they ignore. Think of that, we have bombs killing people during marathons, yet that isn't nearly as sad as the world these theorists create. You can't tell a conspiracy theorist this either, the word "sheep" is all too readily available to them. It takes a different type of breed (read: paranoid) to be able to adopt crackpot theories in lieu of things that are remarkably obvious to others. What kind of miserable life must one lead that allows them to sincerely believe that Peter Griffin was a harbinger of things to come a month later? There has to be something that conspiracy theorists lack that most functioning members of society have. Now I'm not saying that we always know 100% of the details. But there is a huge difference in understanding that and constantly thinking you are being lied to.

Unfortunately most people are so racially bias they will assume its any group but their own like your example I'm pretty sure most white people are not looking at other whites as "suspicious" but if its some middle easterner guilty until proven innocent. I guess thats just how we have been conditioned and its sad. Don't think it will be changing anytime soon though.

true.

I just can't stand that within 20 minutes peoples first reactions are "CONSPIRACY."

Where's the compassion?

Not everything in this world is a damn conspiracy. There are F'D up people out there.

Like my man Alfred Pennyworth said, "Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."
I agree 100% feel bad for these people and it honestly makes me wonder what is the US doing to people overseas if it is a person from overseas that they feel this is what it has to come down to to get the gov to notice. I would like to think most people worldwide just want to live their lives but for them other few what makes you feel that kind of way that this is what you came up with. Crazy and maybe like the Alfred quote some might just want to watch the world burn.

Everything the US government does outside the US borders will be interpreted as the will of the American people. Whether you FEEL the government does or doesn't represent you is irrelevant. That's why Americans should be actively involved in politics. People at war with the US don't hate this country because of its freedoms; if anything, it's because American institutions don't want to let them live the way they want, and trade or associate with whoever they want. Unfortunately, many people here don't know the oppressive face of their government or they know and just don't care enough to do something about it.

Dad: Marathon bomb victim had both legs amputated

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 PrintEmail Comments (0) By:Associated Press

BOSTON — The father of a man who was photographed being pushed away from the Boston Marathon bombing in a wheelchair says his son has had both legs amputated.

Jeff Bauman says his son, 27-year-old Jeff Bauman Jr., is the man in an Associated Press photo taken shortly after the bombing.

His father says on his Facebook page that his son had to have both lower limbs removed at Boston Medical Center because of extensive vascular and bone damage. He says his son also had to have another surgery because of fluid in his abdomen.

Bauman says his son was there to watch his girlfriend run. She was not hurt. He says his son was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Again, he is a photographer. The goal of a photographer (professional) is to get pics that others don't get.

And this idea that just because someone is taking a picture means that they could/should help is beyond me.

And what did we want this photographer do? The person was already getting assistance.

I can't agree with the, "If you had a heart you wouldn't sell a picture to the news." I mean he is a photographer..

I get your point. I guess everyone has their own opinion. In my opinion, the photographers snapping shots of people physically suffering and near death are no better than the clowns who stand above people filming them gasping for air who just got knocked out cold in the middle of hood in a WSHH video.

You could make a case that these WSHH "cameramen" could somehow profit off of their distasteful videos and technically be "professional." I know that sounds like a reach, but when you chop it up, what's the difference? One works for Time and one is a freelancer? In my eyes, they're both profiting off of someone else's suffering following a violent event.

So what exactly makes a News Station filming graphic situations any different than an individual doing it other than a big company backing it? Why should morality get in the way of him doing his job?

Thats an artery in his right hand!??! 
sick.gif

just walked by. a lot of police and military presence. lots of flowers, photos and memorials. boylston st. is still closed for several blocks in each direction.
it was surreal.

Sooooo suddenly youtube has removed the Family guy video as part of policy of Scam, Spam & Commercially deceptive content???

But this is just another simple coincedence.... A Cartoon character who is set in the state of Rhode Island just happens to Run the Boston Marathon, Join a terrorist Organization, blow up two bombs with a phonecall & Has the media showing bloodied dead people with no limbs at the race.

That is such a normal occurrence in America, and something that any creative writer could think of. plzzzzzzz someone explain to me the chances of this "Coincedence".... especially considering the episode was made last month.

Seth Mcflarane saying the clip was edited.... yea from the EXACT same episode but different scenes

I never understand statements like that.

What do you want people to do/say?

We aren't allowed to talk about the actual operation?

Should we only talk about how sad we are and how humans are so much worse than they were 30 years ago?
No I'm talking about all the Sandy Hook and gun debate BS and the US government did this conspiracy talk for what ever reason.  
mean.gif
  People actually believe our own government attacked Sandy Hook and now this.  They also believe we attacked ourselves on 9-11. 

Again, he is a photographer. The goal of a photographer (professional) is to get pics that others don't get.

And this idea that just because someone is taking a picture means that they could/should help is beyond me.

And what did we want this photographer do? The person was already getting assistance.

I can't agree with the, "If you had a heart you wouldn't sell a picture to the news." I mean he is a photographer..

I get your point. I guess everyone has their own opinion. In my opinion, the photographers snapping shots of people physically suffering and near death are no better than the clowns who stand above people filming them gasping for air who just got knocked out cold in the middle of hood in a WSHH video.

You could make a case that these WSHH "cameramen" could somehow profit off of their distasteful videos and technically be "professional." I know that sounds like a reach, but when you chop it up, what's the difference? One works for Time and one is a freelancer? In my eyes, they're both profiting off of someone else's suffering following a violent event.

Agreed.

Sooooo suddenly youtube has removed the Family guy video as part of policy of Scam, Spam & Commercially deceptive content???
Yeah this made me raise an eyebrow . . . never even seen that reason given for a video being down

First, I want to say RIP to all the victims.

Second, I know for a fact that it was a detonable homemade bomb (based on the magnitude of the explosion), but if they cant find anything suspicious on cameras on that day, shouldnt they look at surveillance of the area in the days leading to the event?

Someone could have made the bomb, dropped it off in a garbage can days prior to the event, and then showed up at the event as a spectator to detonate the bomb.

Last edited:
I never understand statements like that.

What do you want people to do/say?

We aren't allowed to talk about the actual operation?

Should we only talk about how sad we are and how humans are so much worse than they were 30 years ago?

No I'm talking about all the Sandy Hook and gun debate BS and the US government did this conspiracy talk for what ever reason.   :smh:   People actually believe our own government attacked Sandy Hook and now this.  They also believe we attacked ourselves on 9-11. 

You also believe that the Middle Easterners hate us because of our "freedoms". Equally as ridiculous.

Sooooo suddenly youtube has removed the Family guy video as part of policy of Scam, Spam

Yeah this made me raise an eyebrow . . . never even seen that reason given for a video being down​

Most likely Youtube is doing that out of respect for those lost in the Boston incident. I am sure that numerous people reported the video and that the comments were heated. Seth Mcfarlane or the network may have requested removal after all of the discussion. There isn't really anything suspicious about it. They do that type of thing all the time.

If those pictures of people with twisted and mangled and chopped up limbs never came out, then it changes the whole perception of this event

You hear about bombings and attacks and it's sad and all, but you never see the actual effects . . . seeing someone's raw bone and leg meat shows you how serious this is and how it's not a joke

Besides, dude was already getting medical assistance and in the train pic, it was a matter of seconds between that pic and the train coming, I doubt it was that much of a difference where dude just took the picture and waited for the train to come

You also believe that the Middle Easterners hate us because of our "freedoms". Equally as ridiculous.
That is one of the reasons that I have stated yes but I also said their are several other factors as to why people hate us also.   Also not all middle easterners hate us.  Only a select few countries.   We also have allies in  the region.     

Answer this since you failed to answer my question from a previous comment.   Do you think we were right in hunting down Bin Laden after 9/11?

But this is just another simple coincedence.... A Cartoon character who is set in the state of Rhode Island just happens to Run the Boston Marathon, Join a terrorist Organization, blow up two bombs with a phonecall & Has the media showing bloodied dead people with no limbs at the race.

That is such a normal occurrence in America, and something that any creative writer could think of. plzzzzzzz someone explain to me the chances of this "Coincedence".... especially considering the episode was made last month.

Seth Mcflarane saying the clip was edited.... yea from the EXACT same episode but different scenes

Or he was trying to be respectful?

I could use a laugh this afternoon. Please tell me what connection you think Seth MacFarlane has with the bombing in Boston. Just give me whatever crackpot, two-bit, theory you have. What is the connection?

I equate conspiracy theorists with people afflicted with Pica. With Pica, a lot of times the craving to eat non-nutritive substances is caused by some sort of deficiency. They eat non-nutritive things that usually contain whatever mineral their body lacks. So a Pica sufferer who eats clay or soil usually has a iron deficiency.

This is why I equate conspiracy theorists to some Pica sufferers. What is deficient in the lives of conspiracy theorists that makes their made up, fictionalized world the more plausible world for them to live in? What do conspiracy theorists lack in their lives that causes them to always be skeptical? Truthfully, the world that conspiracy nuts concoct is actual sadder than the real world they ignore. Think of that, we have bombs killing people during marathons, yet that isn't nearly as sad as the world these theorists create. You can't tell a conspiracy theorist this either, the word "sheep" is all too readily available to them. It takes a different type of breed (read: paranoid) to be able to adopt crackpot theories in lieu of things that are remarkably obvious to others. What kind of miserable life must one lead that allows them to sincerely believe that Peter Griffin was a harbinger of things to come a month later? There has to be something that conspiracy theorists lack that most functioning members of society have. Now I'm not saying that we always know 100% of the details. But there is a huge difference in understanding that and constantly thinking you are being lied to.
Yeah -- the way I see it is that most people have a fairly decent grasp on reality. They understand that humans are fallible, corruptible, etc. So when they see a politician taking a bribe or a the military trying to cover up an accidental death, it makes sense. They don't need to weave it into some big overarching conspiracy to make sense of it.

However, some people don't have this grasp of reality. They have an overly rosy perspective on human behavior. They assume people are inherently benevolent and selfless. So, when something bad happens, they can't ascribe it to the simplest and most likely explanation because that doesn't fit the way they view the world and the average human. Instead they prescribe these ills to some vague, abstract entity. This makes it easier to carry on.

Also conspiracy theories are like a drug. They provide an easy means by which to make yourself feel special because you're one of few privy to this evil entity pulling all the strings.

My guess is most people prone to believe in conspiracy theories had a fairly sheltered childhood. When they got to college or later and were suddenly exposed to the "truth" they began to believe in every conspiracy. I would know... I went through those phases. It's similar to people who go to a religious school their whole life, and then when they get to college and get some education, they become rabid atheists as an overreaction.

Back
Top Bottom