EVO 2014 - Who's hyped?

That Ice Climbers throw...
mean.gif

http://evo2012.s3.amazonaws.com/live/index.html

idk which stream you have but this one has never dropped at all for me.

understandable for those non smashers watching this. some things they do are known flaws/exploits in the game mechanics that give you an upper hand in the game. some are more flashy then others making them extraneous. plus since this game never had online capabilities, there's never been patches for it

128K, just gonna go for a cool 200K by the time Marvel or AE starts now
laugh.gif

Last edited:

understandable for those non smashers watching this. some things they do are known flaws/exploits in the game mechanics that give you an upper hand in the game. some are more flashy then others making them extraneous. plus since this game never had online capabilities, there's never been patches for it

128K, just gonna go for a cool 200K by the time Marvel or AE starts now:lol:
:lol:
Honestly I always played smash but be having so much fun I never tried any if the exploits

It does seem that way. I only knew one kid growing up that had gamecube but I didn't know him like that lol.

laugh.gif

Honestly I always played smash but be having so much fun I never tried any if the exploits
Thanks. What the deal with the percentages?
I said some of them are extraneous because It doesn't neccessarily automatically make you a better player. I can wave dash and do some of those back in my hay day but I've lost the touch and just rather walk to you while you're coming back onto the stage. wave dashing is just a way to travel really fast across the floors while being able to land air attacks barely an inch off the ground, which air attacks are usually the killing moves for light characters.

now the percentages are like the rest of the people said here. higher it is, the higher chance a hard attack can kill you off. characters are unwrittenly divided into 3 categories. light, medium, heavy. most of the top 8 was light characters meaning that in a causal normal game by the time you get to 50-75% health(as a light) you're killable with one solid smash attack. also lights can come back on the stage better mediums and so forth. Heavys like bowser can take about 200% until dying. these guys are better obviously. marth, peach, ice climbers are considered medium. Dr. Mario might be considered heavy im not sure. the rest you can guess where they land. fox is light.

reason they don't play brawl is that the mechanics went for more causal play and a lot of these flaws are fixed. also the categories of characters are basically just 1 and no matter they average to kill someone is like at 150%. plus the game is slower too.

I've played with a few good people that went to EVO this year and past years

thinking I might want to pick up injustice

Last edited:

I said some of them are extraneous because It doesn't neccessarily automatically make you a better player. I can wave dash and do some of those back in my hay day but I've lost the touch and just rather walk to you while you're coming back onto the stage. wave dashing is just a way to travel really fast across the floors while being able to land air attacks barely an inch off the ground, which air attacks are usually the killing moves for light characters.

now the percentages are like the rest of the people said here. higher it is, the higher chance a hard attack can kill you off. characters are unwrittenly divided into 3 categories. light, medium, heavy. most of the top 8 was light characters meaning that in a causal normal game by the time you get to 50-75% health(as a light) you're killable with one solid smash attack. also lights can come back on the stage better mediums and so forth. Heavys like bowser can take about 200% until dying. these guys are better obviously. marth, peach, ice climbers are considered medium. Dr. Mario might be considered heavy im not sure. the rest you can guess where they land. fox is light.

reason they don't play brawl is that the mechanics went for more causal play and a lot of these flaws are fixed. also the categories of characters are basically just 1 and no matter they average to kill someone is like at 150%. plus the game is slower too.

Ur right about those brawl short comings. I hope they find that balance with the next smash.

U can borrow my injustice if u want

Back
Top Bottom