Euphoria HBO & A24's series | Starring Zendaya| RIP Angus Cloud

The drugs taking her to a (literal) sanctuary and getting closure from her deceased father don't seem like "glorifying drug use"??
As an (opioid) addict myself, I don't think at all that this show is glorifying drug use. To show a realistic portrait of addiction, I think it's important to not just show the massive negative impact on the addict and his/her surroundings but to also show what it is about that drug that might lead someone to get addicted. Depictions of a high being heaven on earth are essential to understanding how people get hooked.

. Depictions of a high being heaven on earth are essential to understanding how people get hooked.
It def isn't essential, the sacrifices she takes and things she's willing to miss def show that better than how good it feels. It could be argued we really don't even know if she's hooked the story basically puts her in situations where she can score.

Man how unfulfilled are folks lives where any of that would appear glorious and appealing?
Sex with Alexa Demie followed by Sydney Sweeney B4 you graduate HS not appealing 2 you?

chris-brown-controller.gif

Man how unfulfilled are folks lives where any of that would appear glorious and appealing? Euphoria ain't the problem at that stage.

I find the majority of the criticism to be coming from people who don’t actually watch the show and are making assumptions based on what they see on the surface.

To many the surface appears to be: “Sexy teenagers doing drugs and having sex in really good lighting and music”

I’ve even seen (I think Joe Budden) claim how Zendaya being a Disney kid involved in these things can influence kids to do these things. In reality, there is nothing “sexy” about her character and she has the darkest storyline on the show.

I’d be perplexed if someone found anything glamorous or attractive about Rue.

Man how unfulfilled are folks lives where any of that would appear glorious and appealing? Euphoria ain't the problem at that stage.

On a semi related note: this show is bonkers after consuming a legal THC edible. The sights and sounds are insane :lol:

To your point though, it’s not like people who have never tried drugs before are watching this show going “Wow! That looks so COOL! I’m gonna go out and smoke some drugs like Rue!”

The drugs taking her to a (literal) sanctuary and getting closure from her deceased father don't seem like "glorifying drug use"??
The exact opposite. Drugs making you hallucinate fantastical happy endings and you buying in to it is sad and pathetic.

Only felt a bit sorry for Rue going through that as a teen.

Nothing about it made me think, drugs are pretty good.

Sex with Alexa Demie followed by Sydney Sweeney B4 you graduate HS not appealing 2 you?
Talking about Rue and her drug use.

Also I imagine only other white guys putting on a front would find Nate's life appealing. Sure you can whittle it down to whose he's banging but he's also in the closet with a gay ***** of a dad and a light weight sociopath.

Not to mention how much it must suck to be so high you can't even feel getting head.

Last edited:
Nothing about it made me think, drugs are pretty good.
Just because you weren't persuaded to like or do drugs doesn't mean it's not glorified.

Screenshot_20220204-205955.png

And why can't ppl find certain parts of a (fictional) character's life appealing without having to other parts

Just because you weren't persuaded to like or do drugs doesn't mean it's not glorified.

Screenshot_20220204-205955.png
If drugs making you hallucinate qualifies as it being represented to appear as elevated or special then again I gotta say that's sad and pathetic.

You went from saying those things were portrayed as appealing to now leaning on the text book definition to try to make your point.

Girl ends up all alone after arguing with her sister and then her partner due to her being an addict but cuz she does drugs and hallucinates her dead dad saying it's okay this is the glorification of drug use. Nevermind the fact she's alone.

Nah I’m def inspired to watch this **** ima shrooms trip :lol:

Visually and sound wise the show is a masterpiece...gotta be a whole experience watching it high on something

You went from saying those things were portrayed as appealing to now leaning on the text book definition to try to make your point.
Never said that
I just said the trip is a glorification based off how elevated and taylor made it was for her situation and struggle.

I misread buddy quote (granted it was vague) but yeah everything appealing in Rue life she ****in up

Never said that
I just said the trip is a glorification based off how elevated and taylor made it was for her situation and struggle.

I misread buddy quote (granted it was vague) but yeah everything appealing in Rue life she ****in up
You're taking the trip out of context to try and make that point.

It doesn't work.

Of course drugs she is addicted to are going to make her feel better and elevated. She wouldn't be doing them if they didn't.

If drugs doing what they're intended to do is glorification then all drugs are glorified. It doesn't make sense to depict drug use as if this is the era of Reefer Madness.

You seem to think cuz Rue hallucinated something she wish would happen based on her situation that it is a good thing or portrayed as such. Hallucinating is not a good thing. No matter the fantasy they may create.

Back
Top Bottom