Euphoria HBO & A24's series | Starring Zendaya| RIP Angus Cloud

I’m rockin with Nate.

1642300556129.png

I finally got around to watching Euphoria and caught up to the most recent episode.

This show is so goddamn great.

The cinematography and music selection (and original score) is on another level.

It's crazy to think that Zendaya was only a year removed from starring on Disney Channel series aimed at tweens to an HBO about teens, but aimed at adults.

Zendaya brings all of her Disney Channel charm to HBO and makes this show hers. Like that scene where namedrops characters from The Wire to scare the **** out of Troy. :lol:

Euphoria is a teen drama at its core, but it isn't melodramatic like every teen show before it.

It's not television, it's Home Box Office.

Funny that you mention the music selection. I was listening to a podcast about the episode earlier, and they actually mentioned how a lot of the music they play, specifically when they were at the party, isn't something that these kids would actually be listening to. Like there's no way a bunch of kids born in like 2005 would be listening to Juvenile.

They said that the show is loosely based on Sam Levinson, the showrunner's life, and that it seems like he pops in some music and other references that would make more sense for someone his age (37). Probably what I would want to do also :lol:

It's called having good taste in music.

It's called having good taste in music.

Those tweets are lame af! Every great show should have a soundtrack that not only covers genres, but also covers generations. I’ve been introduced to so much music I didn’t know existed because someone who was in charge of music was on top of their ****.

Now that I've gotten to know a cocaine/stimulant junkie coworker and became close friends with her, I have to say Rue's character is pinpoint accurate.

Those tweets are lame af! Every great show should have a soundtrack that not only covers genres, but also covers generations. I’ve been introduced to so much music I didn’t know existed because someone who was in charge of music was on top of their ****.
That's really not how it works for shows in general.

It'll always depend on what type of show it is.

I really hope the majority of the episodes the rest of the season are like this. Cover several characters.

Only a few characters who didn't get an ep dedicated to them need one going forwards. Probably that new drug addict kid will get one. Lexi most likely. This ep was a start for her.

Ep was great only 30 min in.

Kat lying about Ethan ******* her :rofl:

Rue just giving up on sobriety and doing drugs casually. She's even lying as a narrator talking about just smoking weed when she's snorting lines talking about how she's okay lying and bringing out the worst in her new friend.

Last edited:
Rue just giving up on sobriety and doing drugs casually. She's even lying as a narrator talking about just smoking weed when she's snorting lines talking about how she's okay lying and bringing out the worst in her new friend.
Rue being an unreliable narrator is definitely a major aspect of the show I feel like. Gives show more layers.

Rue being an unreliable narrator is definitely a major aspect of the show I feel like. Gives show more layers.
Yeah, it was one thing last season when she lied about some other **** that would later be revealed but now she lying about blatant **** :lol:

Back
Top Bottom