ESPN RISE counts down the top 50 high school basketball players of all time.

Camden HS
Named the All-USA boys player of the year by USA Today ... recipient of the Atlanta Tipoff Club's Naismith Award for the male prep player of the year ... first-team pick on The Sporting News High School All-American Basketball Team ... averaged 42.5 points and became New Jersey's all-time scoring leader with 3,462 points ... scored 50 or more points in nine games ... named the New Jersey Star-Ledger's Player of the Year as well as an all-South Jersey selection by the paper ... also a first-team all-state pick by the AP ... scored 25 points, had four rebounds and four assists for the East in the annual McDonald's All America high school game ... became the first son of a former McDonald's All-American to play in the game (father played in the 1981 game).

Already owns The Pyramid scoring record, having finished with 50 points in a 78-63 win over Memphis's Hamilton High School in the gomemphis.com Christmas Shootout ... scored 100 points in win over Gloucester Tech, converting on 70 percent of his 60 shots ... one of his biggest outings was a 55-point game (20-of-29 from the field) in a win over Camden Catholic ... scored 22 third-quarter points in a comeback win over Camden Catholic and finished with 41 in rematch with crosstown rival.

Averaged 31.9 points, 7 asssits, 6 rebounds and 3 steals as a junior when he led Camden to both the state Group 3 championship and Tournament of Champions title ... named the New Jersey player of the year as well as the state championship and T of C MVP ... high school coach was Glen Jackson.

I had/might still have that DVD with all the high school footage of a bunch of players ..

pimp.gif

eek.gif

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN!

so that's why fam always tells me to pick up Wag in my 2k9 fantasy drafts..................

Chris Paul from West Forsyth, NC possibly on the list???

He wasn't heavily recruited and a bit under the radar.

LBJ gets the top spot.

There's this white guy who dominated in Indian in the late 80s / very early 90s who ran the point I think... If he's not in the top ten and Kareemisn't number one for all he did at Power Memorial, then this list is officially bunk.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Kenny Anderson has to be in the top 3.

He wont be...These ESPN lists are always way off

If not its a %#%%%%! travesty
smh.gif

Lew Al better be #1 I don't care about all the hype Bron got at St. Vincents... He better be #2

I'm also extremely surprised Steph was on the list, they made a %#%%%%! movie about his life as a Prep for god sakes
laugh.gif

edit... And Juanny was the @%%$%*! goods in H.S I'll never forget reading about him in the Slam going into his Jr yr. Looking at the picture of himstanding their holding the basketball with this big *@% chain on (well it was big then) during 11th grade english will forever be burned in my mind.
pimp.gif

Rasheed aint in the league no 16 years.

How is D12 higher than Bassy???

No Steph??

watch Felipe get the shaft, and put under some player that was a really really good HS player that turned into a beast in the NBA.

Lew 1
Oscar 2
LeBron 3
DeJuan 4
Larry 5

I believe that was Bill Walton's top five in an interview I heard him do a while back. Said Kareem was the greatest high school player he has ever seen,but Oscar was close.

Love him or hate him, Bill Walton loves everything about basketball and cares about stuff like this.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Lew Alcindor and LeBron James have to be top 2.
LeBron is gonna be top 5 just because he's Bron...not because his career was so much better than everyone elses. Actually the player with thebest career out of OH just happens to play for OSU right now......and it has nothing to do with him attending a smaller school than st v....
nerd.gif

if Kobe makes this list..i better hope Rip is right next to him..since Rip was Carmelo to Lebron

and im not just being family bias

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I honestly thought that Telfair would be higher than #44....no matter what people may think of him, dude is a LEGEND in PSAL hoops....

That was bs idk how he doesn't crack top 25

Telfair = all time leading scorer in PSAL

Originally Posted by bgetsbusy

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I honestly thought that Telfair would be higher than #44....no matter what people may think of him, dude is a LEGEND in PSAL hoops....

That was bs idk how he doesn't crack top 25

Telfair = 2nd all time leading scorer in PSAL
Fixed. Lance holds that title now

Back
Top Bottom