ENVY 14/17 (Real Macbook Pro Killer)

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by Guppetto

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Its not about the specs, its about the OS.
Exactly ...

So what exactly can one do in OS X that just doesn't exist in Windows 7 that is giving you such an incredible experience. See I have both and short of thinking you're cool for having a dock that makes the icons bigger when you hover over them, I'm not buying it at this point in my life. The experience with the OS, is that cool feeling the marketing department sold you for $1700. Or maybe it was the cute girl in the apple store saying go ahead and join the family; don't you want to be cool like me
laugh.gif
. Face it, all you do is open a web browser, type an address, and use your eyes and two right fingers to scroll. Guess what, you can do the same thing on a PS3.

Oh let me guess, you're a design student, well last time I checked the CS suit is available on Mac and Windows and works exactly the same.

Oh, wait, you make music, um read the previous statement.

And of course now you'll probably go to the old stability and speed of the OS crap Steve Jobs feeds you every 120 days when he needs to sell you something new. Ah yes, I'm familiar with this line of thinking every time someone in my family wants me to buy some new Apple cool point products to show off to their other 13-19 year old friends. Yeah there was a time when Windows wasn't so stable but short of you putting a bunch of bloatware on the box, W7 doesn't run one bit slower than OS X.

The Experience: How to brainwash a kid in 3 marketing slides or less!
mad.gif
roll.gif
Our generation is all about visuals. OS X just LOOKS better than Windows 7. That's all that really matters today.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gil23

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Its not about the specs, its about the OS.
Exactly ...

So what exactly can one do in OS X that just doesn't exist in Windows 7 that is giving you such an incredible experience. See I have both and short of thinking you're cool for having a dock that makes the icons bigger when you hover over them, I'm not buying it at this point in my life. The experience with the OS, is that cool feeling the marketing department sold you for $1700. Or maybe it was the cute girl in the apple store saying go ahead and join the family; don't you want to be cool like me
laugh.gif
. Face it, all you do is open a web browser, type an address, and use your eyes and two right fingers to scroll. Guess what, you can do the same thing on a PS3.

Oh let me guess, you're a design student, well last time I checked the CS suit is available on Mac and Windows and works exactly the same.

Oh, wait, you make music, um read the previous statement.

And of course now you'll probably go to the old stability and speed of the OS crap Steve Jobs feeds you every 120 days when he needs to sell you something new. Ah yes, I'm familiar with this line of thinking every time someone in my family wants me to buy some new Apple cool point products to show off to their other 13-19 year old friends. Yeah there was a time when Windows wasn't so stable but short of you putting a bunch of bloatware on the box, W7 doesn't run one bit slower than OS X.

The Experience: How to brainwash a kid in 3 marketing slides or less!
mad.gif
roll.gif
Our generation is all about visuals. OS X just LOOKS better than Windows 7. That's all that really matters today.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Originally Posted by proper english

^ well said,  but i still don't understand the constant jabs at the "mac fanboys" and their ignorance over real tech... ive grown tired of hearing that everytime someone prefers "this over that".. its flooding the internet like crazy.. lets just leave it alone, yea? 
smile.gif

Actually i'm all for buying whatever makes you happy. If you've read my post in this thread you'll see I have been bent over by Apple plenty of times to grant family members the joy of having the experience. What I do hate though is being reiterated the marketing drivel that people love to use to justify buying expensive toys. Hell, I spend it because i'm blessed and able to do so and I like product "A" over "B" is really all that needs to be said. All that digging into the details though will get your but handed to you unless you really have some specific use cases where it's clear one product is better than another.

I purchased the

ENVY 14

i5-450M

8gb Ram

256gb SSD

ATI 5650

Slice Battery

This clocked in just under 2 Grand. That's a lot of computer! Hey, Macs are really nice computers and if that's what you want, then get one. However, if you're having a little trouble stomaching the apple Tax, want a box that specs out better in almost all categories short of battery life or just prefer the best PC you buy for under 1500, check out the ENVY. You'll discover that theres a lot to like. Oh yeah, you can still run iTunes and add Rocket dock if you just want to feel cool. Oh, did I mention the HP logo lights up on the back just like on a Mac.
roll.gif

sick.gif

My laptop > that and was a lot cheaper.

i7-720
1 tb hd
1080p 17" screen
8 gb ram
ATI 5870
BD drive

but only 1.5 hours of battery life
sick.gif

Not bad. I couldn't do a quad core processor in a laptop though unless I need a mobile video production unit. A laptop that can't give me more than 3 hours of work time just won't work for me personally. SSD's are outrageously expensive, but I'm never going back to your standard hard drive, even with the space limitations of SSDs. SSD's are like going from 500MBs of ram to 4GB's of ram. The dramatic improvement just cant be overstated.

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

Originally Posted by proper english

^ well said,  but i still don't understand the constant jabs at the "mac fanboys" and their ignorance over real tech... ive grown tired of hearing that everytime someone prefers "this over that".. its flooding the internet like crazy.. lets just leave it alone, yea? 
smile.gif

Actually i'm all for buying whatever makes you happy. If you've read my post in this thread you'll see I have been bent over by Apple plenty of times to grant family members the joy of having the experience. What I do hate though is being reiterated the marketing drivel that people love to use to justify buying expensive toys. Hell, I spend it because i'm blessed and able to do so and I like product "A" over "B" is really all that needs to be said. All that digging into the details though will get your but handed to you unless you really have some specific use cases where it's clear one product is better than another.

I purchased the

ENVY 14

i5-450M

8gb Ram

256gb SSD

ATI 5650

Slice Battery

This clocked in just under 2 Grand. That's a lot of computer! Hey, Macs are really nice computers and if that's what you want, then get one. However, if you're having a little trouble stomaching the apple Tax, want a box that specs out better in almost all categories short of battery life or just prefer the best PC you buy for under 1500, check out the ENVY. You'll discover that theres a lot to like. Oh yeah, you can still run iTunes and add Rocket dock if you just want to feel cool. Oh, did I mention the HP logo lights up on the back just like on a Mac.
roll.gif

sick.gif

My laptop > that and was a lot cheaper.

i7-720
1 tb hd
1080p 17" screen
8 gb ram
ATI 5870
BD drive

but only 1.5 hours of battery life
sick.gif

Not bad. I couldn't do a quad core processor in a laptop though unless I need a mobile video production unit. A laptop that can't give me more than 3 hours of work time just won't work for me personally. SSD's are outrageously expensive, but I'm never going back to your standard hard drive, even with the space limitations of SSDs. SSD's are like going from 500MBs of ram to 4GB's of ram. The dramatic improvement just cant be overstated.

Please stop typing. I mean in this thread, but if you wanna stop typing altogether, that's fine with me.

Please stop typing. I mean in this thread, but if you wanna stop typing altogether, that's fine with me.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

Its still runs on windows, though
this.  if i make a car's interior and exterior look like a ferrari, but drop a suzuki engine into it, how is that a ferrari killer?

this.  if i make a car's interior and exterior look like a ferrari, but drop a suzuki engine into it, how is that a ferrari killer?

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

eyes.gif

hey silly guy.. you do know that W7 =\= OSx right? the only real shortcomings this thing has is that its HP (and the generic design)

eyes.gif

hey silly guy.. you do know that W7 =\= OSx right? the only real shortcomings this thing has is that its HP (and the generic design)

smh.gif
This guy....

Reliability issues aside, you're saying a MBP's i5 processor is someway and somehow superior to an identical i5 processor in a windows based laptop?
b33364f82aa67d7f1bd0e3d8953a3545968b7966.gif

smh.gif
This guy....

Reliability issues aside, you're saying a MBP's i5 processor is someway and somehow superior to an identical i5 processor in a windows based laptop?
b33364f82aa67d7f1bd0e3d8953a3545968b7966.gif

From the mouth of the man himself:

Steve Jobs - "Talent imitates, genius steals"

Look it up.

From the mouth of the man himself:

Steve Jobs - "Talent imitates, genius steals"

Look it up.

macbook pros have 500GB, 2 graphics cards, 2.8Ghz, etc. and its still running windows. you can keep that.

Back
Top Bottom