entry level luxury cars.... EDIT: I DO NOT want one. just want people's opinion.

20's and a stereo. i got it
better tires, and better suspension, and better engine, and real leather, and a rear view camera, those 20's are forged.

and da whole price of da car is cheaper and yet da car wont depreciate nearly as fast as da 528i.

Last edited:
I'm just shocked a dude who spent $100k on shoes, we're talking Nike shoes, Jordan Brand shoes, they cost less than $10 to make, is preaching to people about value and better purchasing decisions and criticizing people for "badge flossing." 

Spending $100k on Nike manufactured shoes is 10000000X worse than a person buying an entry level luxury car with respect to "Brand/Badge Flossing." You look foolish. 

Ninja, can you answer this?
What if someone just prefers the way the 528 looks over the SRT8?
i answered that pages ago, to pick something that gives you more for something you think "looks" better reeks of badge flossing.

2012-bmw-528i-first-drive-review-car-and-driver-photo-424740-s-429x262.jpg

and to top it off, it doesn't even "look better" but thats subjective, what isn't subjective is da fact that it comes with more for

a cheaper price, so to shop with such shallow attributes vs knowing whats good is da difference between a shrewd consumer,and

dumb one, or one that values da badge over da function.

You're missing the bigger point, which is people buy what they want.
doesn't mean its da smarter purchase, hence da original purpose of this thread.

The smartest decision you could ever make when buying a car is buying the one you can afford. Everything else comes 2nd in comparison.

If someone can afford the BMW then that's what they will buy. Entry level "badge flossing" or not.

You haven't brought up any other car in this thread but that damn Charger. You're flossing something right now. And it's an SRT badge..

Last edited:
But the 528i don't got DA HEMI
happy.gif

I don't understand how he compares the highest model vs the lowest model

at least compare the srt8 to a amg or m
Not sure he understands either. The argument is basically a "for the money"comparison

I personally dont have a problem with them. However I am not impressed by them. Unless its an M, AMG, S type car with a real motor, I dont really look twice.

But if you have an entry level ride, please dont do **** like these clowns:

View media item 549816
:lol: your car aint THAT nice brehs

Ninja, can you answer this?
What if someone just prefers the way the 528 looks over the SRT8?

i answered that pages ago, to pick something that gives you more for something you think "looks" better reeks of badge flossing.

and to top it off, it doesn't even "look better" but thats subjective, what isn't subjective is da fact that it comes with more for

a cheaper price, so to shop with such shallow attributes vs knowing whats good is da difference between a shrewd consumer,and

But isn't badge flossin buying something just because of the name/brand? I'm talking strictly aesthetics here. If someone has both these cars in front of them and they decide to roll with the 528, how is that badge flossin?

And is it fair to say that you yourself are a "dumb" consumer when it comes to shoes? Like stillin mentioned, brooks are better built shoes, but I seriously doubt you own a single pair.

Last edited:
You're missing the bigger point, which is people buy what they want.
doesn't mean its da smarter purchase, hence da original purpose of this thread.
The smartest decision you could ever make when buying a car is buying the one you can afford. Everything else comes 2nd in comparison.

If someone can afford the BMW then that's what they will buy. Entry level "badge flossing" or not.
umm but thats da point, da dodge is MORE AFFORDABLE then da BMW, despite of da fact that its better equipped.

But the 528i don't got DA HEMI
happy.gif

I don't understand how he compares the highest model vs the lowest model

at least compare the srt8 to a amg or m

this whole conversation/argument is based on price. I don't understand how you don't understand that.

I don't agree with everything he's saying, but I see where he's coming from.

What if someone buys the charger over the 5 based purely off of looks? Is that possible? Or is that person labeled a smart buyer even though this person cars nothing about the features and specs at all?

Really tho. You are going to preach about smart consumers vs. dumb consumers on a Sneaker forum? Bro, you have no credibility after admitting spending $100k on sneakers. Really. And I'm not going to act like I'm not part of it either, yes, I have spent $100's of dollars on mass produced, cheaply made, over priced sneakers that 100,000's of thousands of people buy, that get re-released over and over again........but the difference is that I'm not preaching to people about smart consumerism, just admit that you are a dumb consumer for spending $100k on sneakers and end it there. 

Really tho. You are going to preach about smart consumers vs. dumb consumers on a Sneaker forum? Bro, you have no credibility after admitting spending $100k on sneakers. Really. And I'm not going to act like I'm not part of it either, yes, I have spent $100's of dollars on mass produced, cheaply made, over priced sneakers that 100,000's of thousands of people buy, that get re-released over and over again........but the difference is that I'm not preaching to people about smart consumerism, just admit that you are a dumb consumer for spending $100k on sneakers and end it there. 
laugh.gif
i can sell all my kicks tomorrow and not lose a cent, you gonna have to try again b.

We'll have you know that those pieces of synthetic leather & rubber are actually financial vehicles that he could cash out on at any moment or when his Mother gets tired of stepping over **** & decides to finally put him out.

laugh.gif
i can sell all my kicks tomorrow and not lose a cent, you gonna have to try again b.
Are you justifying shoes are an intelligent purchasing decision because they can work as viable investments and countering the idea that you were and still are "brand flossing" with cheaply made nike manufactured products? Even if you could resell all your shoes and not lose a penny.....You understand the simple concept of opportunity cost right? In your 20's, if you had taken that $100k and invested it in something else, it could have gone a lone way for you and your mother might have an easier time making it to the bathroom in her own apartment, b. 

Maybe I'm dense too, but it doesn't make an ounce of sense to me that we're comparing a FULLY LOADED vehicle to a BASE model. I think that's the most backwards notion in here. Yeah they may cost the same, but how do you even go from checking out a 5 series to a Damn charger. If you have the money to purchase a 5 series, I have no doubt in my mind that you can afford all these "luxury" add ons that the charger has and then some.

Maybe a better argument would be a comfortably equipped (or even still fully loaded) Charger vs. a comfortably equipped 528.

Take a step back from the computer and think about this argument... We're arguing buying a charger over a BMW 528, AND if you CHOOSE the 528 for ANY reason, you're a badge flosser. Now how that sound?

Just some things that need to be addressed:

- Claim of excess Challenger production with no links/references to said post-production. (I showed current production #s higher in 09 + 10 than now despite your incorrect proclamation.)

- Insurance rates/quotes from several (not one) regarding the Charger SRT8 (Not a Base Charger)...

- Actual 'value' of purchasing a Charger SRT8. Where are the savings? (You can't end a debate on value/depreciation with active (not sold/completed links.) One of you posted KBB values from 2008, correct? :lol:

- Used words like 'undeniable', 'not even debatable' in regards to the Charger SRT8 having a better value yet facts (again) state otherwise...

- Admitted it would be unwise to purchase a Charger SRT8 if you drove over 12K a year. Always nice to have a form of transportation dictate your lifestyle. So convenient!

- Stated that it cost(s) less to maintain yet numbers (again) disagree...

I initially provided TRUE automotive results from actual consumer reports. You then try to debunk that stating it's not a real world application. What do I do? I provide you actual consumer experiences on a website strictly dedicated to Chargers. (Literally, the name is ChargerForums.com) So now BOTH forms of verification aren't enough? The only plausible next step would to go door-to-door taking surveys. Haha! I wonder what it feels like to be that deep in denial...

Neither one of you have also addressed that you're inevitably paying less to eventually pay more. I provided proof of the Charger SRT8s POOR value & residual yet all I've received was hearsay. Please explain...

laugh.gif
Are you justifying shoes are an intelligent purchasing decision because they can work as viable investments and countering the idea that you were and still are "brand flossing" with cheaply made nike manufactured products?
how is it brand flossing when i can actually school you on all things nike, da difference between some skinny jean dork

who just bought his first pair of foamposites last week and me is imma alot more shrewd with my purchases, and im da epitome of

an enthusiast.

you're not gonna beat me by deflecting to my sneaker collection cuz A. im still enjoying them B. like i said before i wont lose a cent if i sell em.

a enthusiast BMW customer is DEFINITELY not going entry level 528i, because they're just way more product knowledge on his side,

something da naive cat who just wants to "rock a bmw" for no reason other than its a BMW, with absolutely no idea WHAT gives it its

prestige.

Why spend $180 on some XI's when you can get some better quality Hyperdunks for under $100 B
so molded plastic, and heel only zoom air with lunar foams that bottoms out is better than genuine patent leather, a full sole air bubble

better quality?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom