entry level luxury cars.... EDIT: I DO NOT want one. just want people's opinion.

So is, "standard economy luxury sedan"...

You can add as many toppings as you want, but a hotdog is still a hotdog. As for me, a 'bare bones' filet mignon with a little bit of salt & pepper is just fine...
lol wut?

Haha! The only thing that posts like this provoke is additional leech posts from ninja & others that, more or less, still can't afford either. Then you have pompous NTers like me that shouldn't even bother, but still like to correctly inform others as not to be influenced by this filth. Honestly, you're just grasping at straws now so I hope you're trolling. Yes, styling is subjective, but you're not going to find many people take a Pilot over an entry-level luxury make/model (Maybe on NT). By your standards, please define 'luxury'' & 'performance'...

Are you assuming that luxury requires a butler & an endless amount of 'gadgets'?

Are you assuming that performance requires 1,000+ HP? Are you strictly a numbers guy (i.e. 'brochure' enthusiast)?

What about the award winning International Engine of the Year in the N20?

What about the refined driving dynamics in the C300? Literally, the car was engineered to have a superior power-to-weight ratio & is one of the lightest compact sedans out there. Definitely delivers one of the most balanced rides on the market today...

As I said in my first post, most of the backlash is coming from people that are trying to justify themselves as being below average-to-average consumers. So many "smart" shoppers yet their actual situation in life most likely doesn't reflect that...

Side note: Still sad to see that even when comparing your Top of the Line "examples", no one has yet to fully answer the actual "value" in them when compared to a base 5-series (or any car for that matter). Even with your best/'top shelf' domestic vehicle, there's no overwhelming evidence that suggests one should opt for it...
i have nothing against a 528 vs a charger thats completely different from my examples

you dont know me i dont know you but i will tell you this i am a car enthusiast and have first hand experience with all sorts of cars and have driven all sorts of makes and models

makes no sense to get a c300 or a 328 when i can get a loaded accord or camry for less that will get MORE MPG and is faster (thats all the performance that matters we dont even have to get into the power at the wheels) and in the loaded camry or accord i get more space for passengers which should be important to a lot of customers also get navigation, back up camera, heating/cooling seats and a better sound system etc...

and it just comes down again to oh its a toyota and thats a benz but a c300 isnt a benz imo you dont get any luxury or performance thats standard to mercedes

whatever though im done with this arguement if you guys ganna cop 07 328is and c300s thats fine by me but i encourage you guys to at least consider the 335 or c350 if you want a serious experience of the BMW/Benz prestige

someone earlier in the thread is right arguing about this is like a straight man trying to change a gay man theres no point if someone chooses to kiss other men sure its hard for a straight person to comprehend but no amount of logic or opinion will change how they feel

i say mods should just lock this up

How do yall feel about new Buicks ?

The AWD Verano is looking kinda nice :smokin

eg-1420-0102-12-2.jpg

0-IB-2013-Buick-Verano-Turbo-022-600x491.jpg

0-IB-2013-Buick-Verano-Turbo-3.4-FT1-600x350.jpg

IMG_4184.JPG

IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4187.JPG

IMG_4175.JPG

Last edited:
You still haven't provided "proof" that isn't a message board.

This is a message board about shoes, the best in the world. Lies are told here everyday.

I need a link to that car so I can buy it.

I showed you the average price that a used SRT8 is selling for in America from the biggest used car website in America but that's poppy cock to you however a mythological 2500 dollar rebate that TWO people said they got on an anonymous message board works as proof because the name of the message board challengerforumz.com
:rofl:

Of ALL the things I listed, you STILL have YET to answer them without side-tracking. (With a rebate no less :lol:) Rebates in this discussion are one of the last things you should use as I was just referencing them as an ADDITIONAL price reduction ON TOP of several consumers purchasing/leasing a Charger SRT8 AT or BELOW invoice. Literally, so many dudes grasping for anything & everything...

Proof? MotorTrend, Edmunds, Cars.com, etc.

Proof in regards to rebates? Use Google, my friend. This mythological rebate isn't quite that 'unicorn' you make it seem to be. Despite that, that's really what you're going to respond with? There's plenty of Chrysler dealerships promoting rebates from $500 to $2,500. Seeing members on this 'anonymous' message board comprised of 65,000+ members stating that they are actually able to use the $2,500 just goes to show you that dealers are trying to liquidate them as the SRT8s were once excluded from these particular incentives...

The difference between NT & ChargerForums.com is that it doesn't really appear as if anyone is 'flossing'. For the most part, their forum seems pretty rational, informative & helpful. There's a difference between "Easy cop! Got my 5th pair!" versus "Yes. My dealership is also offering that rebate." Regardless, I've covered both sides of the spectrum. There's plenty of other members on that forum that confirm the rebate while there's plenty of dealerships online that also make note of the rebate. It would be nice if dealerships presented and/or made their individual Charger SRT8 sales public, but in Dodge's case, that would be suicide. Where's the next best place to turn to? Hmm? Perhaps a website dedicated to Chargers so we know individual deals?

As for your 'biggest used car' website - Selling =/= Asking :lol:

So, again. Please respond to the following:
Just some things that need to be addressed:

- Claim of excess Challenger production with no links/references to said post-production. (I showed current production #s higher in 09 + 10 than now despite your incorrect proclamation.)

- Insurance rates/quotes from several (not one) regarding the Charger SRT8 (Not a Base Charger)...

- Actual 'value' of purchasing a Charger SRT8. Where are the savings? (You can't end a debate on value/depreciation with active (not sold/completed links.) One of you posted KBB values from 2008, correct? :lol:

- Used words like 'undeniable', 'not even debatable' in regards to the Charger SRT8 having a better value yet facts (again) state otherwise...

- Admitted it would be unwise to purchase a Charger SRT8 if you drove over 12K a year. Always nice to have a form of transportation dictate your lifestyle. So convenient!

- Stated that it cost(s) less to maintain yet numbers (again) disagree...

I initially provided TRUE automotive results from actual consumer reports. You then try to debunk that stating it's not a real world application. What do I do? I provide you actual consumer experiences on a website strictly dedicated to Chargers. (Literally, the name is ChargerForums.com) So now BOTH forms of verification aren't enough? The only plausible next step would to go door-to-door taking surveys. Haha! I wonder what it feels like to be that deep in denial...

Neither one of you have also addressed that you're inevitably paying less to eventually pay more. I provided proof of the Charger SRT8s POOR value & residual yet all I've received was hearsay. Please explain...

I've addressed everything you have posted here. You simply dismissed it. I can't magically find the selling price for every SRT8 in America.

You have provided no more verifiable proof than I have.

Here is kbb.com

http://www.kbb.com/dodge/charger/20...hicleid=373427&intent=trade-in-sell&mileage=1

oooooohhhh!!!!!!! I got you.

I've said it once and I'lll say it again. If you can find me a 2012 SRT8 for 14K off the sticker price I'll admit I'm wrong and go buy the car tomorrow.

Something else that's interesting to me is that mythological rebate you have found is for a Super Bee which isn't as well equipped or as expensive as a Standard SRT8. Its a totally different trim.

I just noticed for proof of rebates you told me to Google :lol:

For me to "prove" something to you I have to get the CEO of BMW to come in here even then you would dismiss it.

Here nada's values just for ***** and giggles

http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars/2012/Dodge/Charger-V8/Sedan-4D-SRT-8/Values

I'm done.

Last edited:
Why is this thread so many pages :wow: :wow: :wow:

Cliffs?
at one point, a guy criticized a cardiologist cuz he drove a c300.

someone else said cop a 2004 bmw 750 w/ 100k on the dash as oppsosed to a new 328..

another guy said people who buy 528s are losing out b/c they should be copping a srt8 b/c it has more features, and his more bang for buck.

sneaker pro debunked some srt8 depreciation myths

ninja said he had the purchasing power of a 100k dude in NY, and is going to buy the biggest baddest american muscle when his momb-dukes moves out, or finishes the jesus piece layaway, or something like that. i dont know the detail...

oh...

them new buicks are :pimp: :pimp:

and those kia cadenzas :wow: :wow:

:lol: ninja still can't grasp what I'm trying to say.. he posted all the bigger engine, bigger rims, car stereo and says it's more so it's a better deal... SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT STUFF.. not everyone cares about 470hp, 20" rims, brembo brakes. They want to buy the bmw because if they way it looks.. If they don't use all that stuff how is it more? It would be a waste right?
If you had a rack of ribs and I had a filet mignon.. if we both finish our food and are completely satisfied.. who are you to say I got ripped off when the bottom line is being satisfied?

i'm in agreement with you but to take your analogy: i think the counterpoint is that many people are so set on the filet mignon (and not necessarily because they like filet mignon but because they know that having the filet mignon will make them look better) that they completely ignore the rack of ribs, when the rack of ribs may in fact be just as or maybe even more than satisfying to them than the filet mignon, which for the sake of this argument, may not be a choice cut of filet mignon but actually some other good piece of steak but not what they paid for...

you actually have to make a lot of assumptions in that for that scenario to be really plausible. however people do factor in how other people will view their decisions (and as evidenced by all the wild conclusions in this thread about entry level luxury car buyers being 'badge flossers, stupid, & uninformed, maybe with good reason...), while that seems like a rather cynical way to view how one would make a decision...it is closer to being true for most people (though most would loathe to admit it!) than this nonsense about having to endlessly deliberate over specs & the absolute monetary value of these cars in comparison as if that is the only thing that matters (because you could also make the opposite argument that the reason one would be able to get all the bells & whistles on a non luxury car is due to lower craftsmanship/quality). to take such a narrow view is naive, because if you take that argument to it's logical conclusion, how could anyone really argue against something like an affordable sport wagon or hot hatch in terms straight up utility & price? why do people buy any 'luxury' brand at all?

what is at the base the viewpoint that ninjahood holds is essentially the same as the so called 'badge-flossers' really, and that is condescension/superiority, he can't see that his view comes across just as myopic as those claims can only see the badge...no one is saying it isn't possible that people just buy for the badge but to say that MOST/EVERYONE that would by an entry level luxe car is somehow uninformed, making a bad decision, or strictly about the name without consideration to the other things that may be important is unrealistic...

If anything, I respect the fact that ninja stands behind what he believes in. You got the entire forum going in on him and he wont let up an inch. Gotta respect that. 
nthat.gif

How do yall feel about new Buicks ?

IMG_4187.JPG

IMG_4175.JPG

My dad and my auntie have both had Buicks for as long as I can remember. They have treated them very well. I actually had to pick my fathers 2002 Buick Park Avenue from the shop today, sat in the Lacrosse while I was there and it was really nice. Buick have always been associated with old people, but they make really good/ reliable cars. I would get one but I'm still too young and its way too nice. If I were married, I would cop.

Last edited:
:lol: ninja still can't grasp what I'm trying to say.. he posted all the bigger engine, bigger rims, car stereo and says it's more so it's a better deal... SOME PEOPLE JUST DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT STUFF.. not everyone cares about 470hp, 20" rims, brembo brakes. They want to buy the bmw because if they way it looks.. If they don't use all that stuff how is it more? It would be a waste right?
If you had a rack of ribs and I had a filet mignon.. if we both finish our food and are completely satisfied.. who are you to say I got ripped off when the bottom line is being satisfied?

i'm in agreement with you but to take your analogy: i think the counterpoint is that many people are so set on the filet mignon (and not necessarily because they like filet mignon but because they know that having the filet mignon will make them look better) that they completely ignore the rack of ribs, when the rack of ribs may in fact be just as or maybe even more than satisfying to them than the filet mignon, which for the sake of this argument, may not be a choice cut of filet mignon but actually some other good piece of steak but not what they paid for...

you actually have to make a lot of assumptions in that for that scenario to be really plausible. however people do factor in how other people will view their decisions (and as evidenced by all the wild conclusions in this thread about entry level luxury car buyers being 'badge flossers, stupid, & uninformed, maybe with good reason...), while that seems like a rather cynical way to view how one would make a decision...it is closer to being true for most people (though most would loathe to admit it!) than this nonsense about having to endlessly deliberate over specs & the absolute monetary value of these cars in comparison as if that is the only thing that matters (because you could also make the opposite argument that the reason one would be able to get all the bells & whistles on a non luxury car is due to lower craftsmanship/quality). to take such a narrow view is naive, because if you take that argument to it's logical conclusion, how could anyone really argue against something like an affordable sport wagon or hot hatch in terms straight up utility & price? why do people buy any 'luxury' brand at all?

what is at the base the viewpoint that ninjahood holds is essentially the same as the so called 'badge-flossers' really, and that is condescension/superiority, he can't see that his view comes across just as myopic as those claims can only see the badge...no one is saying it isn't possible that people just buy for the badge but to say that MOST/EVERYONE that would by an entry level luxe car is somehow uninformed, making a bad decision, or strictly about the name without consideration to the other things that may be important is unrealistic...
i didnt mean filet mignon to make a point, it could be any cut of steak.. but to say that you have more is the right decision doesnt make it right.. we were both satisfied with our meal.. why does ninjahood think that he is right saying.. "thats all you got for your money?" when the point is im satisfied with my steak...
well lets put it this way.. does ninjahood eat a buffet everyday? why not? you do get the most bang for your buck right? all you can eat right?

it's time to put an end to this thread.

everyone post up your bank accounts, and all other assets

winner walks away with bragging rights

You're missing the bigger point, which is people buy what they want.
doesn't mean its da smarter purchase, hence da original purpose of this thread.
The smartest decision you could ever make when buying a car is buying the one you can afford. Everything else comes 2nd in comparison.

If someone can afford the BMW then that's what they will buy. Entry level "badge flossing" or not.
umm but thats da point, da dodge is MORE AFFORDABLE then da BMW, despite of da fact that its better equipped.
More affordable to who? To you? Or someone who's not saving up for a car, but has enough money that the price between the two makes no difference to their bank account?
if that was really da case they wouldn't settle on da 528i.

You're missing the bigger point, which is people buy what they want.
doesn't mean its da smarter purchase, hence da original purpose of this thread.

The smartest decision you could ever make when buying a car is buying the one you can afford. Everything else comes 2nd in comparison.

If someone can afford the BMW then that's what they will buy. Entry level "badge flossing" or not.
umm but thats da point, da dodge is MORE AFFORDABLE then da BMW, despite of da fact that its better equipped.

More affordable to who? To you? Or someone who's not saving up for a car, but has enough money that the price between the two makes no difference to their bank account?
if that was really da case they wouldn't settle on da 528i.

What? :lol:

:rofl: You know what, you got it famb. I'm done with this useless back and forth.

:lol: yeah... it has to be fake... either that or someone found Oprahs recipt... I mean 99mil in whats basically nothing more than a checking account ?

I heard the cla45 is actually pretty underrated at 355 hp. renntech calculated it to 389.5 crank hp.

I've heard some exhaust clips though....and like all 4 bangers: :x and definitely not in a good way.

Last edited:
I heard the cla45 is actually pretty underrated at 355 hp. renntech calculated it to 389.5 crank hp.

I've heard some exhaust clips though....and like all 4 bangers: :x and definitely not in a good way.

Apparently they're running 26psi with the factory tune :wow: :wow: And their exclusively front drive.... Im really interested to see how reliable they are long term running that kind of pressure.

For reference a stock Impreza Sti is running 13-15 psi and a stock Lancer Evo runs 17-19

Last edited:
first thing I thought of when I read about that 26psi was what reliability issues it was going to run into. doesn't sound like it'll leave a lot of room for tuners to get more bang out of it without changing out some other components, but pretty cool that this 4 cylinder car almost comes with as much hp as a stock e9X m3.

This CLA amg compares better to the srt8 both the highest models at the same price

[h3]Key Highlights[/h3]
  • Hand-built AMG 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine
  • 355 horsepower, 332 lb-ft of torque, 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds***
  • New, fully-variable performance-oriented AMG 4MATIC all-wheel-drive system
  • AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT (Dual-Clutch Technology) 7-speed sports transmission with steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles
  • AMG speed-sensitive sports steering
  • AMG sport suspension with independent front and rear axles
  • AMG high-performance braking system
  • AMG sports exhaust system
da CLA real small compared to da SRT8....there's not in da same class segment (full size car vs compact sedan)
The BMW 135 and Audi S4 are named as the main competitors to the CLA45

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...des_benz_cla45_amg_first_drive/#ixzz2clgglzs0
da suspension is inferior (McPherson's vs STR8's double wishbone suspension) and da CLA is front wheel drive bias even though

its all wheel drive VS SRT8's RWD architecture.

if you want a TRUE rival to that CLA AMG its this...

evox-4.jpg

So is, "standard economy luxury sedan"...

You can add as many toppings as you want, but a hotdog is still a hotdog. As for me, a 'bare bones' filet mignon with a little bit of salt

i have nothing against a 528 vs a charger thats completely different from my examples

you dont know me i dont know you but i will tell you this i am a car enthusiast and have first hand experience with all sorts of cars and have driven all sorts of makes and models
makes no sense to get a c300 or a 328 when i can get a loaded accord or camry for less that will get MORE MPG and is faster (thats all the performance that matters we dont even have to get into the power at the wheels) and in the loaded camry or accord i get more space for passengers which should be important to a lot of customers also get navigation, back up camera, heating/cooling seats and a better sound system etc...

and it just comes down again to oh its a toyota and thats a benz but a c300 isnt a benz imo you dont get any luxury or performance thats standard to mercedes

whatever though im done with this arguement if you guys ganna cop 07 328is and c300s thats fine by me but i encourage you guys to at least consider the 335 or c350 if you want a serious experience of the BMW/Benz prestige

someone earlier in the thread is right arguing about this is like a straight man trying to change a gay man theres no point if someone chooses to kiss other men sure its hard for a straight person to comprehend but no amount of logic or opinion will change how they feel

i say mods should just lock this up

This comment is on the money. I have driven the caes as well. Entry level luxury with no options is like going to a high end steakhouse and ordering a hamburger. You can say you like that high end restaurant better, but you could have went to Outback(Honda/toyota) and got a Filet or NY Strip.

Back
Top Bottom