entry level luxury cars.... EDIT: I DO NOT want one. just want people's opinion.

i dont know if this has been asked but how do yall fell about boxsters and cayman from porsche since they are entry level ? same with astons and the vantage ? not trying to give this fire more oxygen but just curious on those particulars 
anything, and I mean anything, from Aston Martin is pure see.
If you want an entry level Aston, buy the new Ford fusion lol. Looks like an Aston.

i dont know if this has been asked but how do yall fell about boxsters and cayman from porsche since they are entry level ? same with astons and the vantage ? not trying to give this fire more oxygen but just curious on those particulars 
Please don't include Cayman's in this discussion, my R was 87K loaded new.  I don't consider 80K+ cars entry level on any dimension.

Please don't include Cayman's in this discussion, my R was 87K loaded new.  I don't consider 80K+ cars entry level on any dimension.
me either it just seemed to me the atmosphere in here was that if its not the flagship model you aint livin right 

me either it just seemed to me the atmosphere in here was that if its not the flagship model you aint livin right 
The funny part about Porsche's is the add on cost for anything beyond the basics.  Base Cayman's and Boxster's look attractive at 55-60K, but if you want full leather you are looking at 5K extra, want Bose stereo, add another 5K to the price, want PDK transmission, add 5-6K, and it goes on and on.  They kill you with the add-ons.  The Aston Vantage is just a thing of beauty and I would never consider it an entry level vehicle.  I think Porsche, Aston, Jaguar are in an entirely different echelon from what we are discussing here.  It is interesting that the Boxster and the Cayenne saved Porsche in the early 2000s, as they are the cheapest in the Porsche line-up and remain the best-selling in the USA and abroad.

My problem with Entry level offerings: their size. 
This if the entry level cars were the size of the Camry I wonder if this would this be a different thread.

The ES is pretty much a luxury Camry and not much more than IS but you see way more IS's

I think that ties into the point that how a car looks means way more to the avg consumer than ninja hood or other entry level detractors

ES doesn't seem to do as well bc it doesn't seem like it's that different from a fully loaded V6 Camry.

But a person looking at the base IS isn't going to be as interested in the Camry

When it comes to the best all around car for the best possible price in any case what so ever, ninjahood will say DA HEMI CHARGER!

I really hope he has the chance to own one at some point of his life.

Who remembers when ninjahood called a four cylinder car a v4???

Yes I remember him scrabbling thru google to find info v4 engines which aren't really used these days.

Wealth of knowledge I tell ya.

This if the entry level cars were the size of the Camry I wonder if this would this be a different thread.
The ES is pretty much a luxury Camry and not much more than IS but you see way more IS's

I think that ties into the point that how a car looks means way more to the avg consumer than ninja hood or other entry level detractors

ES doesn't seem to do as well bc it doesn't seem like it's that different from a fully loaded V6 Camry.

But a person looking at the base IS isn't going to be as interested in the Camry
that thread was da FIRST "entry level luxury" thread.

with that said, da ES is da best selling lexus in da united states, your facts are wrong..

ES is the best-selling Lexus car in the U.S. which leverages any amounts saved by U.S. production. "Lexus was founded in the United States, so it is only fitting that we are bringing the production of luxury sedans for our U.S. customers back to where the brand was born," Toyota Motor President Akio Toyoda said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...tucky-es-rx-production-canada-toyoda/2096409/

that thread was da FIRST "entry level luxury" thread.

with that said, da ES is da best selling lexus in da united states, your facts are wrong..

ES is the best-selling Lexus car in the U.S. which leverages any amounts saved by U.S. production. "Lexus was founded in the United States, so it is only fitting that we are bringing the production of luxury sedans for our U.S. customers back to where the brand was born," Toyota Motor President Akio Toyoda said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money...tucky-es-rx-production-canada-toyoda/2096409/

I stand corrected. I see way more IS's where I live. Extrapolation fail

Literally I saw a newer model ES on the freeway yesterday and thought "Oh yeah, they still make those"

Never would have guessed it was their top seller

This thread is a cancer to da NT general.

TAN is that way....

Glad dank made another thread about options

On a base model that does NOTHING to its resell

Value...totally plays into my points.

Engine displacement is a better indicator for

Residual value...

The new q50 is pretty clean. Starts at 37k

Lowered on wheels
smokin.gif
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Back