Empire New series in Fox

How so?

My personal take on the finale was that they tried to rap up some story lines to make way for new ones.

- Vernon's disappearance will be the murder of the season.
- Michelle (Jennifer Hudson) and her rise to fame x Andre x Rhonda will be an interesting dynamic
- Now that Cookie knows Lucious killed Bunky, whats next? Will Carrol's killas come up again?
- Lola will probably be in at least 1/2 the episodes of season 2 now that we know Lucious is the father
- Anika may actually start to like Hakeem x Hakeem trying to find Camila love triangle
- Jamal faces challenges as the new head of the company
- Hostile take over goes wrong when Tricky McInvestor decides to take Empire for himself instead of helping Cookie/Andre/Hakeem
- Malcolm comes back to save Cookie cuz he DC job is powerful like that

All I got for right now.
But he also loves his son. Despite his pet peeve, he was paying for a loft in NYC for his son and his boyfriend. If he wasn't ever going to potentially pass the mantle down to Jamal, Lucious would've just sat down with Hakeen and Andre.

I figure the hostile takeover will go wrong because they said that Vernon was their star witness and he is dead now.

It will go poorly and then they won't have anything on Luscious either since he was the witness to testify.

This is how he will also be acquitted and get out of jail

Then Andre will take the wrap for Rhonda since he won't let her go down while being pregnant with their child and doesn't want her to have the baby while in jail.

Why you keep calling Derek Luke Jackie Robinson? lol
That is a good point. It isn't even him that plays Jackie
laugh.gif

I liked the show more before the finale tbh,felt like they jumped the shark
How so?

My personal take on the finale was that they tried to rap up some story lines to make way for new ones.

- Vernon's disappearance will be the murder of the season.
- Michelle (Jennifer Hudson) and her rise to fame x Andre x Rhonda will be an interesting dynamic
- Now that Cookie knows Lucious killed Bunky, whats next? Will Carrol's killas come up again?
- Lola will probably be in at least 1/2 the episodes of season 2 now that we know Lucious is the father
- Anika may actually start to like Hakeem x Hakeem trying to find Camila love triangle
- Jamal faces challenges as the new head of the company
- Hostile take over goes wrong when Tricky McInvestor decides to take Empire for himself instead of helping Cookie/Andre/Hakeem
- Malcolm comes back to save Cookie cuz he DC job is powerful like that

All I got for right now.

I call bs.

Please explain how you concluded that since the beginning.
What's so hard to figure out? Andre is a douchebag and Hakeem is a spoiled brat. By process of elimination, that leaves Jamal to be the besf fit.

Heck one could have concluded that he would just keep it for himself for now since he's not dying anymore.

And being a douchebag is not a good enough reason not to give andre the throne

Last edited:
He wouldn't give it to Andre because he's mad he married that white ***** plus loves him less/differently because he can't sing. I, too, was wondering how nobody realized Malik Yoba is missing or is looking for him plus what did they do about the blood all over their carper or the body? They ain't even wrap that storyline up before he all in the office plottin. They better at least revisit it episode 1 of season 2 and give us some closure other than just the P.O hasn't heard from him in a while and he's the star witness

Did anyone even notice Malik Yoba was missing while he was in rehab? So it isn't that far fetched that nobody still realizes that he is gone.

That freestyle though. They could have wrote something better than that. The was HORRIBLE what on Earth :lol:

Cookie dont know jack. Dude was high on pills dreaming when he said that. Hard to prove, i would been like i was high on pills dreaming

Why you keep calling Derek Luke Jackie Robinson? lol

That is a good point. It isn't even him that plays Jackie :lol:
That's what I've been wondering for the past few pgs :lol: Had me thinking yall think Luke looks like Boseman or Luke was in some low budget unheard of Jackie Robinson movie :lol:

If anything yall should be calling him Antwone Fisher.
Heck one could have concluded that he would just keep it for himself for now since he's not dying anymore.

And being a douchebag is not a good enough reason not to give andre the throne
That's exactly what I thought he'd do once we found out he doesn't have ALS. When he still decided to give it to Jamal I was like why?

I wanted it to be like I'm not dying so why name a successor? Even go off some of the **** he said in the finale about rising like a phoenix and this is his resurrection. Then S2 would be his sons and Cookie trying to kill him behind his back while they play nice.

Last edited:
He was sober enough to stop her from killing him though and remmber it. When my girlfriend used to take this cough medicine, it damn near literally put her in a coma for 6-8 hours. You weren't waking her up at all, part of why I hated it and am glad she's off it.

Yeah without Vernon, Lucius pretty much gets off Scott free and Cookie isn't gonna snitch.

But the stock price would've probably gone down by that time and the hostile takeover would've been set pretty much.

Or maybe the Cops could blame Lucius for Vernons death of Andre points the fingers at him.

Did anyone even notice Malik Yoba was missing while he was in rehab? So it isn't that far fetched that nobody still realizes that he is gone.

I think the fact that he was recently in rehab could lead them to believe maybe he fell off the wagon and is locked up in the crib or at a club doing copious amounts of cocaine. Not too far fetched

I'm watching this now, power is so much better than this it ain't funny.

It gets a lot better towards the end I can't front, but it's borderline awful in the beginning.

Last edited:
Powe4 and empire can exist in the same world... neither should be pitted against each other

Maybe if they were on the same network

Fact people even have this discussion makes 50 a cot damn genius.
People will say anything and yall run with it.
Its like talking about Sienfeld vs. The Sopranos.
Like, what are you even talking about?
Only thing Power and Empire have in common is a predominately black cast. Thats it.

Last edited:
The only reason I watched empire was because I heard some ppl saying it was better than power. Which now that I've watched it, makes me question their thinking lol.

But it's cool you right, not really similar to power at all.

Neither is that great really.

Empire simply hit that sweet spot where it'll get the black audience and the white audience watching.

Power is on Starz.

prediction for season 2 of empire

EVERY BLACK WASHED UP ACTOR CAN AND WILL SHOW UP
larenz tate
half the cast of five heartbeats
dude who played juwanna mann
the cast of the aliyah movie
the other member of the wutang clan
the two black guys from all for one

did I miss anyone

Last edited:
Back