Eli Manning... The Richest Man In Football...

Originally Posted by Qpitfighter

And deservedly so. You really thought a CB was gonna be the richest man in football for long?
indifferent.gif

IMO in the NFL
nnam > __

Aside from last year (when he posted a 60% completion percentage, 21 td and 10 int) he has been pretty mediocre.

His completion % the previous 4 years was 56.1, 57.7, 52.8, and 48.2 in his rookie year.

We all know he isn't the most accurate QB, he is the kind of guy who can throw for 300+ yards one game.......and a guy who can have a horrible first 3quarters then lead his team down the field multiple times and win a game late in the 4th.

In 2007 (2nd half) he made a lot of progress. He was on that same playing level for a few years in terms of overall numbers and stepped his game up after that4INT game vs the Vikings, and now is coming off his best statistical season. He is what he is but he has grown a lot and knows what it takes to win.

His composure in the pocket during times of desperation is invaluable, he has a lot of qualities a lot of QB's in this league don't have. His
indifferent.gif
personality is great for a town like NY.

On the offensive side of the ball, yeah. But he's also not had to do nearly as much as Peyton... I mean, he did have a QB rating of less than 75 during the Super Bowl season, and almost had a 1-for-1 TD to INT ratio. That running game and defense help A LOT.

It also doesn't help that every year Peyton has to go up against the Patriots in the playoffs and @!%*+ in his pants.
laugh.gif

Eli played as efficient as anyone could during that playoff run though, I remember when Dallas had a drive that lasted almost an entire quarter and scored aTD....it seemed to suck the energy out of the Giants D working that hard. With 30 seconds left in the half, Eli drove the team down the field and scored a TDto end the half. That's the kind of playoff run dude had....anytime the team REALLY NEEDED something to happen, he mad eit happen and led them. Youcan't expect a real GREAT QB rating facing defenses like Tampa, Packers, and the Pats (not even Peyton had a high QB rating in the playoffs)....let alonewhen the Giants defense was labeled as "over-rated" throughout the season. Eli was efficient and took care of the football, and he did a good job ofthat last season (he had like 2 blow up games where he had several TO's which inflated his INT numbers ie Cleveland MNF game).

Originally Posted by bwalk

there's no excuse for Eli making more than Peyton...

Huh?

Players get paid more and more every year.

Eli is 5 years younger.

They have the same amount of SB wins.

Peyton >>> Eli but this is how it goes.

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

you can debate he's done more with less talent than his brother.....

On the offensive side of the ball, yeah. But he's also not had to do nearly as much as Peyton... I mean, he did have a QB rating of less than 75 during the Super Bowl season, and almost had a 1-for-1 TD to INT ratio. That running game and defense help A LOT.

It also doesn't help that every year Peyton has to go up against the Patriots in the playoffs and @!%*+ in his pants.
laugh.gif
VERY true. Giants D absolutely murders the D of the Colts. Also Giants are a run dominating team, has Peyton EVER been on a run dominating team??I mean for the Giants the run game is the X factor to their success in Indy its CLEARLY all about Peyton.

I think Elijah is overpaid, but cant hate a dude for copping that much dough, he didnt give himself the contract... Props
pimp.gif

1.Brady
2. Brees
3. Peyton
4.Cutler
5.Warner
6.McNabb
7.Romo
8. Rodgers

All these dudes are better than Eli. People give way to much credit for him winning a ring.

Eli really turned the corner during the 07 playoffs. Only reason he's not up there in passer rating is that he actually throws downfield, for those arguingthat. Plus, ironically he's one of the best running the hurry up. Coaches should let him call his own plays. And I'm a Cowboy fan...

Originally Posted by Fecta23

1.Brady
2. Brees
3. Peyton
4.Cutler
5.Warner
6.McNabb
7.Romo
8. Rodgers

All these dudes are better than Eli. People give way to much credit for him winning a ring.
eyes.gif
yeah cause winning that ring didn't mean squat right?The pressure he dealt with during the SB is irrelevant? He had a MONSTER playoff run and took everything in stride

you really put rodgers, cutler, and romo on that list? what have they done?

1.Brady
2. Brees
3. Peyton
4.Cutler
5.Warner
6.McNabb
7.Romo
8. Rodgers

Rodgers is NOT better than Eli, at least yet. He has only started for one season and hasn't won jack #$$@ yet. IMO, Eli > Romo and Cutler also. And thisis coming from someone who hates Eli.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Eli really turned the corner during the 07 playoffs. Only reason he's not up there in passer rating is that he actually throws downfield, for those arguing that. Plus, ironically he's one of the best running the hurry up. Coaches should let him call his own plays. And I'm a Cowboy fan...
Good point on the downfield passing, but he can't get away with that without a guy like Plax. In terms of actual skill I think Eli is a damngood QB and very accurate, but he does seem to throw a lot of balls up for grabs and take a lot of chances without getting burned for it like he used to. WhatI'm saying is that before when he was throwing 20 INT he took a lot of chances; when I watch him the past couple years it seems like he STILL is taking alot of those chances and just not getting burned for it because 1. He had Plax, 2. He all of a sudden got a rabbit's foot stuck up his @*+ (see the SB passto Tyree) .

He does have really nice touch on his passes though (best in the NFC East IMO).

1.Brady
2. Brees
3. Peyton
4.Cutler
5.Warner
6.McNabb
7.Romo
8. Rodgers

but here's the best part of that list, i'd bet the house on 4, maybe even 5 of them never winning a ring

Eli def broke the bank. I guess that's what winning the Super Bowl will get you.

I don't know if he's worth that kind of money but can't knock him for getting it

he should slide Plax like 2-3 mill off top for helping him get that contract

and no way Cutler & Warner RIGHT NOW are better than McNabb RIGHT NOW

1.Brady
2. Brees
3. Peyton
4.Cutler
5.Warner
6.McNabb
7.Romo
8. Rodgers

Did this guy really say Rodgers?!
laugh.gif
You named Rodgers anddidn't even bother naming Rivers?

I'd say it's debatable between Eli and Romo.
Originally Posted by RavageBX

He brought us a championship. He deserves to get paid.
Well, he helped.

I know a few Giants fans who would really get upset with someone saying, "Eli brought NY the championship." He did what he supposed to do, soI'll always give him his credit.

I'm a Giants fan myself, and it would be unfair to give him more credit for helping us win the title than our defense in the SB.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

you can debate he's done more with less talent than his brother.....

If Peyton played on a team with the defense that Eli has, he would have 3 rings by now.

but he had Dwight Freeney
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
naw, but really Freeney is the man!

Originally Posted by overtime626

1.Brady
2. Brees
3. Peyton
4.Cutler
5.Warner
6.McNabb
7.Romo
8. Rodgers

but here's the best part of that list, i'd bet the house on 4, maybe even 5 of them never winning a ring

Warner has a ring and 2 MVP's
ohwell.gif
. And if we are looking at just QBskills because we all know it takes more then just a QB to win rings then number 4 and are better then Eli.

BTW the only fault on that list is Romo being in anyones top 10

Eli may not have the stats everyone wants to see, but when the time comes to lead the team down field to win the game he is clutch. .... I would probably take2 or 3 QB's before him to lead my team on a 2 minute drive.

Back
Top Bottom