:eek @ these Chinese dishes

sick.gif

That $&*@ was still moving on the plate!!!!!

eek.gif

That's some crazy stuff but if it's "eatable" I'll give it a try. I can eat balut like a probut this is on another level!!
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

eek.gif

That's some crazy stuff but if it's "eatable" I'll give it a try. I can eat balut like a pro but this is on another level!!
eek.gif
balut
sick.gif

tried it once, almost threw up
frown.gif

I can't find any clips of it on youtube, but one of my clients was telling me how there's some dish (not sure which country does it.) where they put afew live eels into a pot of water with a big block of tofu. They slowly bring the water to a boil, so as the water gets hot, the eels all burrough into thetofu to stay cool. When they're all in there, they take out the block of tofu, slice it up quick and serve it, so the eels are kinda half-dead, half stillalive/moving, like those snakes in the first vid.

eek.gif
sick.gif

Didn't think it was gonna be this bad... That's just straight up wrong. How do you even eat something like that?

when i watch these vids, i usually go vegetarian for a few days. i remember awhile back, i watched a PETA video and straight up grazed for a week. eventually iwent back, its hard to cure hunger without animal fat.

How is that any different than catching a fish, gutting it and waiting for it to die to then cook it?

Would it make ya'll feel better if he didnt hold the head outta the oil, and just dunked the whole fish into it?

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

How is that any different than catching a fish, gutting it and waiting for it to die to then cook it?

Would it make ya'll feel better if he didnt hold the head outta the oil, and just dunked the whole fish into it?

We Americans like to kill our fish while they are still in the water.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

this.

Speaking of lobster... have any of you tried lobster sashimi?! It's incredible. Even better when it's presented with the head of the lobster and theantenna are moving
eek.gif

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Please excuse my ignorance, but what the hell is the point of that? Does the fish taste better while moving?

-The Juice
think its more fresh?
sick.gif
sick.gif
iuno

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Speaking of lobster... have any of you tried lobster sashimi?! It's incredible. Even better when it's presented with the head of the lobster and the antenna are moving
eek.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/YZMyXw15N10&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/YZMyXw15N10&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/YZMyXw15N10&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/YZMyXw15N10&hl=en_US&fs=1&
pimp.gif
Here's a shot of the miso soup they're talkingabout.

Outside the U.S in countries like India, Asia, etc. they like to eat the animals as they suffer. It goes back into cultural roots, practices, customs, andsuch.. I really don't understand yet myself but they like to see the animal suffer and die while they eat certain dishes.

Some of you guys are weak.

As you can tell from the reaction of the people when the dish was presented, most people including Asians will find this dish to be odd and not something youwould eat everyday. The raw food thing isn't all that common throughout Asia, but it just so happens to be a lot more common than anywhere else in theworld.
If they took that fish and beat it's head on a counter and then dipped it in batter, drowned it in oil, and then threw it on a bun with some tartar sauce,you guys would be going nuts.

I'll tell you what though, they will probably not have to hit the gym after eating a dish like that.

Has anyone ever tried fresh raw shrimp dipped in lime juice? It's simply amazing.

sick.gif
I almost lost it when I saw thesnake parts move
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

And that was #$^&*# up that they were eating the fish while it was alive. When the dude put salsa or whatever on the fish though...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom