Editing gifs

Question: How does one add still images like people's faces on top of gifs and make them move around with the animation? I've seen this a lot here.

Like this:

View media item 299996
sternpop.gif

ar3ARo.gif

Use a program like Gifsplitter, which will break the gif up into individual frames, then you can edit each frame like any other picture, when you've done that you can use the edited frames to create an altered gif, you could do this in photoshop or with an online program, this one works well for me.

Edit: You can skip the first bit, just realised you can just open a gif in photoshop and edit the layers from there.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if there's an easier way.

Just have to have the cutout of a head, paste it on the gif. Than using the layers palette, just move the head the way you want while duplicating the head so you can have one on each layer.

Then use the "eye" box to the left of each layer to hide the heads from the previous frame(s).

It's kind of tedious, and I know I didn't explain it well :lol:

I'm not sure if there's an easier way.

Just have to have the cutout of a head, paste it on the gif. Than using the layers palette, just move the head the way you want while duplicating the head so you can have one on each layer.

Then use the "eye" box to the left of each layer to hide the heads from the previous frame(s).

It's kind of tedious, and I know I didn't explain it well
laugh.gif
i got that part down, but i just can't get the gif to move afterwards...

mad.gif

:lol: I remember making that rubio gif

What you mean you cant get it to move?

is the animation box just playing the same frame over?

yeah, i think..

i might just have to give up that PS life. 
tired.gif

its a common error. I used to do it all the time :lol:

Just keep an eye on the frames in the animation tab to make sure you dont.accidentally replace it with a different one.

Try clicking the frame and layer so its highlighted on the one your currently working on to try and avoid that

Last edited:
Heres a quick tutorial...

Step 1: Get the pic you wanna use, Ima use op's avy

Step 2: Get the avy you wanna make, then make sure you are viewing your Layers and timeline, you can close all the other windows (adjustments/color/ etc.)

Step 3: Copy your og pic.

Step 4: Paste your pic on your first layer and open "free transform" to adjust size.

Step 5: Copy the face again you will then paste it on the following layers.

Step 6: To save select, "Save for web"

Step 7: Click Save

Finished product.

I can get it to post to the first layer, but everytime I try to paste it to a second layer it just stays on the first. HALP

Back
Top Bottom