Eating alone at a restaurant

i do it all the time during my school/work-break+waste time, but not a fancy restaurant, just some reg'ol diner/family business. It ain't that serious.

i do it all the time during my school/work-break+waste time, but not a fancy restaurant, just some reg'ol diner/family business. It ain't that serious.

Originally Posted by stateofsingularity

I eat alone very often.

Funny thing is that I never get second looks when I'm in non-Western countries. I guess it's mostly a Western hang-up.

Yeah, when I was in Taiwan, a lot of people were eating by themselves like it was nothing. It seems real normal to go home from work and eat by yourself with a newspaper or something at a restaurant. I did it a lot and I never felt out of place like I would if I ate alone at say, an Applebee's or something.

Originally Posted by stateofsingularity

I eat alone very often.

Funny thing is that I never get second looks when I'm in non-Western countries. I guess it's mostly a Western hang-up.

Yeah, when I was in Taiwan, a lot of people were eating by themselves like it was nothing. It seems real normal to go home from work and eat by yourself with a newspaper or something at a restaurant. I did it a lot and I never felt out of place like I would if I ate alone at say, an Applebee's or something.

Movies? Nahhhhhhhhhhh. But it wouldn't be awkward, if I was to do so.

Some place like Applesbees or Chili's? Hell yeah that's odd!
(But then again, you can jus' sit at the bar).

Movies? Nahhhhhhhhhhh. But it wouldn't be awkward, if I was to do so.

Some place like Applesbees or Chili's? Hell yeah that's odd!
(But then again, you can jus' sit at the bar).

I'll do pretty much anything alone... I've always been a loner anyways

dang NT, I love my father...
tired.gif
  I'm proud of him he showed his lionheart today

I'll do pretty much anything alone... I've always been a loner anyways

dang NT, I love my father...
tired.gif
  I'm proud of him he showed his lionheart today

I rarely do it, but it really doesn't make me feel weird. It's better than going out to eat with a very large group of people.
smh.gif
 Usually when I eat out, 90 percent of the time it's a lunch/dinner date with one or two other people.

I rarely do it, but it really doesn't make me feel weird. It's better than going out to eat with a very large group of people.
smh.gif
 Usually when I eat out, 90 percent of the time it's a lunch/dinner date with one or two other people.

Anybody else feel weird seeing senior citizens eating by themselves? Especially women

Anybody else feel weird seeing senior citizens eating by themselves? Especially women

If people are thinking about me eating alone rather than focusing on their own meal, then they have a problem.

I do a lot of stuff alone, probably since I'm an only child and I'm used to it. My friends found out I went to the
movies alone and they couldn't understand it.

If people are thinking about me eating alone rather than focusing on their own meal, then they have a problem.

I do a lot of stuff alone, probably since I'm an only child and I'm used to it. My friends found out I went to the
movies alone and they couldn't understand it.

just wen to go see inception by myself today. glad i did because i got to put all my attention on the movie. its a great movie BTW.

just wen to go see inception by myself today. glad i did because i got to put all my attention on the movie. its a great movie BTW.

Back
Top Bottom