Eating alone at a restaurant

I do this sometimes usually when I'm in school, especially when my friends' schedules conflicts with mines and I'm too hungry to wait for them. When I do eat alone I'm usually on my laptop, or listening to music. It does get lonely sometimes.

I do this sometimes usually when I'm in school, especially when my friends' schedules conflicts with mines and I'm too hungry to wait for them. When I do eat alone I'm usually on my laptop, or listening to music. It does get lonely sometimes.

laugh.gif
people are really afraid to be alone in public? Sometimes it's nice to not have to talk to anyone and I can just enjoy my food and people watch.

laugh.gif
people are really afraid to be alone in public? Sometimes it's nice to not have to talk to anyone and I can just enjoy my food and people watch.

Originally Posted by lrredsoxfan06

Originally Posted by manny1

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

I do it all the time.

Sometimes I gotta grab a bite before a meeting or something. Or waiting for my car to finish getting washed.

Sometimes I chill with the paper, or a magazine, sometimes I chill with my laptop, or something nothing at all.

I don't feel weird about it, and I aint concerned what anyone else in the restaurant thinks of me sitting alone.

Originally Posted by lrredsoxfan06

Originally Posted by manny1

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

I do it all the time.

Sometimes I gotta grab a bite before a meeting or something. Or waiting for my car to finish getting washed.

Sometimes I chill with the paper, or a magazine, sometimes I chill with my laptop, or something nothing at all.

I don't feel weird about it, and I aint concerned what anyone else in the restaurant thinks of me sitting alone.

I feel weird doing it, but if you're hungry, all those feelings go away.
laugh.gif

I'll be in Vegas for a whole week next month. You know I'm about to hit those buffet spots myself if no one isn't going to roll with me! 
roll.gif

I feel weird doing it, but if you're hungry, all those feelings go away.
laugh.gif

I'll be in Vegas for a whole week next month. You know I'm about to hit those buffet spots myself if no one isn't going to roll with me! 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

I'll eat solo frequently at a sushi restaurant, since I prefer to eat at the bar.

All the time if I'm traveling for business and have time to kill. Good opportunity to catch up on emails, planning, etc.

I'm actually doing this right now. Laptop open, surfing on 4G, steak frites on order. Dressed like a scumbag, sitting in Bouchon, billing it all to the corporate card.

bawse

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

I'll eat solo frequently at a sushi restaurant, since I prefer to eat at the bar.

All the time if I'm traveling for business and have time to kill. Good opportunity to catch up on emails, planning, etc.

I'm actually doing this right now. Laptop open, surfing on 4G, steak frites on order. Dressed like a scumbag, sitting in Bouchon, billing it all to the corporate card.

bawse

Originally Posted by spincv

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I get lonely.
frown.gif

Me too, then i turn into that dude thats always looking to check if you are about to $#+@ with me
Same boat
laugh.gif
. I don't care what other people think, but I like to have company for conversation. If I go to  restaurant to eat, I'm going to a bar. Chat it up with people around me or something.

Originally Posted by spincv

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

I get lonely.
frown.gif

Me too, then i turn into that dude thats always looking to check if you are about to $#+@ with me
Same boat
laugh.gif
. I don't care what other people think, but I like to have company for conversation. If I go to  restaurant to eat, I'm going to a bar. Chat it up with people around me or something.

I can't imagine going to a nice restaurant alone. To get a grab to eat, sure. But unless I'm travelling I'll take it back to work or home to eat.

I'm not good at being alone either. Even if I'm waiting for someone, I can't sit still for more than 30 seconds.

I can't imagine going to a nice restaurant alone. To get a grab to eat, sure. But unless I'm travelling I'll take it back to work or home to eat.

I'm not good at being alone either. Even if I'm waiting for someone, I can't sit still for more than 30 seconds.

For a fancy sit-down restaurant, that's pretty much a no-no because the purpose of being there is to socialize either on a date or catch up with friends, IMO.
But fast food, quicker restaurants, it's not a big deal at all. I did it all the time when I interned in Taiwan last year because I didn't know anyone there, a lot of people do it as well. Just get in, eat, and go.
When I have to grab lunch myself at school or at work, I usually take it to-go though and eat it either at home or in my cubicle; I'd rather eat and surf the web where I'm comfortable I guess.

Back
Top Bottom