Eating a GOOD Tuna Steak APPRECIATION....

pimp.gif

I'm a line chef at Mitchell's Fish Market, we make a seared ahi tuna appetizer that is crusted with smoked salt and pepper, seared for about 13 seconds on each side, sliced thin, layed on a plate with sushi rice, an apricot ale sauce drizzle, a little rice wine soy sauce, some pickeled cucumber and red onion salad, and some wonton crackers....
embarassed.gif

Its ridiculously good, and I thank my job everyday for forcing me to know how to make each part of that dish, and recipes I have done so much I could make them in my sleep.

I'm a line chef at Mitchell's Fish Market, we make a seared ahi tuna appetizer that is crusted with smoked salt and pepper, seared for about 13 seconds on each side, sliced thin, layed on a plate with sushi rice, an apricot ale sauce drizzle, a little rice wine soy sauce, some pickeled cucumber and red onion salad, and some wonton crackers....
embarassed.gif

Its ridiculously good, and I thank my job everyday for forcing me to know how to make each part of that dish, and recipes I have done so much I could make them in my sleep.

Originally Posted by Roscoe P Wallace

embarassed.gif

pimp.gif

we got some tuna tartare taco at my job as an appetizer that's pretty good.  it's no tuna steak though.

embarassed.gif

pimp.gif

we got some tuna tartare taco at my job as an appetizer that's pretty good.  it's no tuna steak though.

Destination Kicks wrote:

Without a doubt! The middle just melts.
pimp.gif
Place right up the street from me makes a mean Seared Tuna Greek Salad for only like $11. Might have to stop by today or tomorrow.

Actually, the stuff that "melts" is fatty-tuna, which is toro.  The pic I posted was a leaner cut called maguro and has a deeper red color.  The fatty toro cuts melts in your mouth, but is too rich for my liking.  It's also more expensive.  I prefer the leaner cuts.  
The white marbled bits are tuna fat.

kamatoro.jpg

Destination Kicks wrote:

Without a doubt! The middle just melts.
pimp.gif
Place right up the street from me makes a mean Seared Tuna Greek Salad for only like $11. Might have to stop by today or tomorrow.

Actually, the stuff that "melts" is fatty-tuna, which is toro.  The pic I posted was a leaner cut called maguro and has a deeper red color.  The fatty toro cuts melts in your mouth, but is too rich for my liking.  It's also more expensive.  I prefer the leaner cuts.  
The white marbled bits are tuna fat.

kamatoro.jpg

Depends on the place really. Then there's the different grade of toro... some more marbled/higher fat content, some not as much, but still good.

Depends on the place really. Then there's the different grade of toro... some more marbled/higher fat content, some not as much, but still good.

embarassed.gif

Pics and recipe?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

embarassed.gif

Pics and recipe?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

embarassed.gif

pimp.gif
sounds DELICIOUS....

I had one this weekend at Bobby Flay's....it didn't disappoint....

My meat/fish hierarchy goes like this:

1a - Steak
1b - Tuna Steak
2 - Chicken

embarassed.gif

pimp.gif
sounds DELICIOUS....

1a - Steak
1b - Tuna Steak
2 - Chicken

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

embarassed.gif

pimp.gif
sounds DELICIOUS....

1a - Steak
1b - Tuna Steak
2 - Chicken

1a) a good cooked steak
1b) Tuna steak
1c) Chicken

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

embarassed.gif

pimp.gif
sounds DELICIOUS....

1a - Steak
1b - Tuna Steak
2 - Chicken

1a) a good cooked steak
1b) Tuna steak
1c) Chicken

Back
Top Bottom