Eagles VS. Giants Post....You can't spell Eli without the L...

laugh.gif
After some of yall was talking all that trash..look what happened.
pimp.gif

roll.gif
pimp.gif
@ the thread title

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
@ the new profound confidence the cowboys have

Originally Posted by S4L3

Giants=Fraud Status.

We'll be 8-4 while the Giants will be 6-6 heading into that Sunday Night game.

We'll take it...

Yup. They got NO off a bye on the road, then GB. I hope they get absolutely pounded, play us with no spirit.  

Originally Posted by MPire

No we are first. VaGiants are 1-2 in the division. Dallas is 2-1
laugh.gif
@ Screen-name
Oh word?! 

Cowboys went from the #3 standings in the NFC East to the top of the Division!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Johnson1

Ramses Barden Cal Poly San Luis Obispo stand up!!!

pimp.gif
I said wassup to dude at SLO brew this past year. He's tall as @*#*.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

DeSean Jackson is so remedial.
roll.gif

remedial as in making big plays and killing the giants right?
tongue.gif
dude is young and has made a ton of mental mistakes but he'll learn....eventually.

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Originally Posted by MPire

No we are first. VaGiants are 1-2 in the division. Dallas is 2-1
laugh.gif
@ Screen-name
Oh word?! 

Cowboys went from the #3 standings in the NFC East to the top of the Division!
pimp.gif

Wait do you know what my sn is from? Props to you if you do cuz I don't think anyone on NT peeped it
laugh.gif

this is an every year thing for the giants. start out 6-2 only to go on and lose games they have no business losing in the 2nd half of the season

happened in 04 (kinda expected that year since they were supposed to suck) happened in 05 (the vikings game), happened in 06 6-2 to 8-8, happened in 07 ******** and vikings games (they won the super bowl that year so they get a pass on that one), happened in 08 the late season L to philly at home, happened in 09 5-0 to 8-8, happened last year 6-2 and missed the playoffs main game being the jon kitna jason garrett game.

weird game.. didn't expect this.. we got a pulse.. but still need a miracle

giants have an impossible schedule.. and we play the cowboys again

can someone please explain how desean taunting AFTER the catch negates the catch itself?

for example.. if you do something AFTER the TD.. they will enforce the penalty on the kickoff.. i really don't get it

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

can someone please explain how desean taunting AFTER the catch negates the catch itself?

for example.. if you do something AFTER the TD.. they will enforce the penalty on the kickoff.. i really don't get it
not sure either, i would just chalk it up as the no fun league not allowing emotion.  not counting the catch over taunting is stupid, i could see giving him a penalty and losing yards off that but not counting the catch is lame.  aside from that i doubt every ref has the same defenition of taunting.

^ i mean considering the stuff they let guys get away with (sacks dances, etc.).. i didn't get what he did that was THAT bad.. but hey it's up to the ref

i just don't see how they justify not allowing the catch.. there wasn't offensive pass interference.. or anything else that would have negated that catch itself.. i would love for a legitimate explanation

I also didn't understand that penalty on the Desean catch...Logically it would go like this: DeSean taunts, so he gets a 15 yard penalty from the spot of the catch..But then the Giants got called for illegal hands to the face (I think?) and that would also be a 15 yard penalty on the defense..So by them offsetting, wouldn't that mean there is no penalty on either team and the play stands?

Guess it just so happens the refs counted the penalty in the act of play when Jax hit a coach with the ball.
laugh.gif
Jax has done much worse in the past and didn't get catches or td's negated.....so yeah just charge it to the no fun league.

The refs screwed this one up.  They never call back TD's over taunting.  Even when the play is active during the taunt (CB picks off QB and holds out ball at QB and points while running toward endzone) 

It's always on the kickoff or whatever. 

It wasn't DeSean's gestures that got him the penalty, it was when he threw the ball at the coach.

There was a personal foul on both teams on that play, offsetting penalties cancel the entire play out and they redo the down. Thats how its always been, if there was no illegal hands to the face, then it would have just been a 15 yard penalty.

Play wasn't called back just because of a taunt, it was because of offsetting penalties.

Whats stupid though is had the Giants not committed a penalty, they would have just marked 15 yards off the spot where Desean went out of bounds still making it a 35 yard play as opposed to 50.

^ what really gets me.. considering desean's actions came after the play..

does that mean if the eagles went back to the huddle.. lined up for the next play.. and before the ball is snapped, someone does something stupid.. would they move the ball back to the original spot?!

i really don't get it

Merrill Reese talked to an official and it seems that the way the rule book is written, the penalties offset so it was legit according to the rules. Had the Gnats not had a penalty, the catch would have stood and the penalty walked off from that point. 

It's just a quirk in the rules.

Woooooooow. So we get hurt because the Giants committed a penalty? The rules committee needs to fix this. And it still doesn't make sense since it was after the *%+*$#* play was over.

Back
Top Bottom