Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Man's Sky

• Skate 4

• Unnaounced Star Wars game?

• Total voters
I'm probably more excited for The Walking Dead S3 and the Telltale Batman than anything else on the list. Would be excited for Yakuza but I think that's just a remaster.

Like we know about Star Wars games coming out in 2018. We'd have heard about Skate by now

This,

They showed off criterion's game in the brain storming phase :lol:
Who even knows when that game is coming or even what it is.

Destiny 2?

I thought they were going to show... debut it at this years E3.

Destiny 2 already confirmed for next year in Activisions earning report earlier this year.

Expansion only this year.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...ge-new-expansion-coming-in-2016/#7471314c2c0d

Or you could hope that somehow Microsoft has found a way to allow Backwards compat for OG Xbox games. But that's assuming you have an XB1

I have an OG Xbox to play the originals currently. I am currently replaying KOTOR 2 :pimp:

I was hoping for a remaster for new graphics obviously and maybe some new content.

KOTOR 3 would be ideal because.. new game, new storyline.. next gen graphics / capabilities.

I guess I'll just keep dreaming, but if they ever announce it I'll be the happiest dude on NT. :lol:

Last edited:
Sony confirms PS4 Neo - Will not be at E3

View media item 2063044
Turns out all the rumors and speculation surrounding a “high-end” PlayStation 4 were true after all. During an interview with Financial Times, President and Global Chief Executive of Sony Interactive Entertainment, Andrew House revealed that the “high-end PS4” would be more expensive than the current $350 version – no surprise there.

He then went on to say:

“It is intended to sit alongside and complement the standard PS4. We will be selling both [versions] through the life cycle.”
The new console, codenamed “Neo” as we know, is targeted towards hardcore gamers, House revealed, as well as players with 4k Televisions.

Sony is also seeking to introduce new services for consumers, such as: Vue internet TV and a PS Music partnership with the popular streaming company, Spotify.

Despite hopes that we would see the “Neo” at E3 this year, House revealed that Sony won’t unveil the console next week, after all.
“We want to ensure we have a full range of the best experiences on the new system that we can showcase in their entirety”.
One of mine, and many others main concerns were that the Neo would split the player-base and those with the original PS4 would be abandoned over time. Andrew House finally put those concerns to rest:

“All games will support the standard PS4 and we anticipate all or a very large majority of games will also support the high-end PS4″.
House also revealed that both the PlayStation Neo and the PS4 would support Sony’s upcoming PlayStation VR headset.

Another concern regarding the Neo was that it would cause problems for developers. After all, developing for both current-gen, PC and sometimes even last-gen can be quite the handful. Despite this, House offered some reassuring words. Developers should expect a “small but manageable” amount of extra work.

Finally, Andrew House assured that the new console and the upcoming PS VR headset would both be “standalone profitable at the time we launch it”. In the past, Sony has released products at a loss with the hopes that it would turn a profit in the long run.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/sony-confirms-ps4-neo-not-e3#CmaQHEgJjecR57Dl.99
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/06...irmed-by-sony-but-it-wont-be-at-e3-this-year/

Most likely Gamescom/Paris or TGS

I read that like wtf are they saying. It's either one or the other. If you have the Neo you don't need the og anymore.

I read that like wtf are they saying. It's either one or the other. If you have the Neo you don't need the og anymore.
I think he is speaking in terms of retail space, not literally buying two and having them sit side by side.

That's how I read it, anyway.

Racism as a mechanic in Mafia 3
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/06/1...turbulent-time

"Historical pulp fiction"
“There are a lot of changes,” says Bill Harms, lead writer on Mafia III. “If you go from what the world was in the ’50s to 1968, like, just that era of social upheaval, legal upheaval, the civil rights act, things like that. This is the very first inklings of [other] criminal elements [that] were going to change [the landscape]. In the ’40s, it was World War II, and then later on it was the Korean War, [then the] Vietnam [War]. 1968 is when all of those guys started coming home [from Vietnam] and going, ‘You know what? Maybe everything you’re seeing on the news isn’t jiving with what we saw,’ and that’s when you really started seeing protests and things like that.

“I wouldn’t say it’s the polar opposite, but it is significantly different for how society viewed a variety of things from war to rights for African-Americans, rights for women, and even the music. You hear Paint It Black from The [Rolling] Stones, that is a song of the ’60s, or what I consider one of the best songs ever written, Fortunate Son. That song would not have been written in 1952. In the ’60s, that song perfectly encapsulates what is going on in a lot of ways.”
"Recapture the term 'mafia' to mean more than just the Italian mob"
The ’60s was also a crucial time for the Italian Mob, as this was the time period when organised crime families started to rise from other cultures. “We know that by the late 1960s, the Italian Mafia was not only being challenged by the government and the public, but also other criminal groups,” says Blackman. “Setting the game in 1968 allows us to explore that part of the Mob’s history and recapture the term ‘Mafia’ to mean more than just the Italian Mob.”
Racism as a mechanic
As for threats outside of Clay’s new blood-drenched crime family, these stem from obvious places, such as rival gang members, to the less obvious historically confronting realities of being a person of African-American appearance living in the Southern United States.

“The behaviour of pedestrians and NPCs – certainly not everywhere throughout the game, but in large sections of it – there are places where if Lincoln looks out of place and seems out of place, people will react to that,” says Blackman. “There are places you can go that just being there is an offence and will elicit a police response. We aren’t so naïve to think that a single game could cure racism, but if we can get the player to think, ‘Why am I being treated differently here than in other parts of town?’ then I think we’ve done something worthwhile.”

It’s a landmark gameplay mechanic for the franchise, whereby the player will be treated as hostile just because of the colour of Clay’s skin. As a gameplay mechanic, it extends beyond the usual suspicious treatment that comes when a player enters a clearly flagged out-of-bounds area. As a narrative tool, it creates a powerful empathy between player and protagonist, bringing into question the notion of police and even civilian innocence when racist beliefs result in negative treatment, even when the player may not be doing anything illegal at the time.

You could stack the neo on top of your og ps4.

Thereby, complementing your og ps4.

Last edited:

Neo won't phase the OG out.

Games will be made for both. Neo is not a succesor like the PS4 is to the PS3, it's just a higher end version of the PS4.

That's probably the proper interpretation. I still can't see them selling og ps4's through the life cycle unless ps5 is coming in 2018.

Last edited:
That's probsbly the proper interpretation. I still can't see them selling og ps4's through the life cycle unless ps5 is coming in 2018.

They would have to since they will need a lower price point to capture more of the market.

Neo is probably going to come in at $399 so there's no way that would be the only PS4 on the market.

That's probsbly the proper interpretation. I still can't see them selling og ps4's through the life cycle unless ps5 is coming in 2018.

They would have to since they will need a lower price point to capture more of the market.

Neo is probably going to come in at $399 so there's no way that would be the only PS4 on the market.
I'm expecting between $399-499 depending on he power of it. Also if it's $399 they're gonna have onto price drop the OG PS4 to $299

I'm expecting between $399-499 depending on he power of it. Also if it's $399 they're gonna have onto price drop the OG PS4 to $299

Yea, same thing I'm thinking.

Price drop on the current one and maybe a slim redesign.

CkmspWKVAAA-Mvu.jpg

Anyone else feel like Titanfall 2 will be a big hit?
Unlikely. I'm hyped for TF, but it's launching in November against Call of Duty, Watchdogs, Battlefield 1, Skyrim remastered

Also I mean it'll sell over a million sure but it's not gonna be bigger than any of those. It has no business launching at that time

Last edited:
If they would have waited for spring, when the juggernaut FPS's begin to stale, I thought they would have done very well.

Going multiplat will help for sure.

Back
Top Bottom