E3 2013 (June 11-13) Let the Next Gen Wars BEGIN

Which Next-Gen console is going to deliver at E3?

• Xbox One (Microsoft)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Playstation 4 (Sony)

• Wii-U (Nintendo)

• Total voters
I got a feeling MS isn't telling the whole truth. They're not getting my money this time, especially since they're charging more for a less powerful system. And I'm convicted Titanfall is a timed exclusive based on the comments from the developer, so I'll just wait for that one. Other than that, their blatant disrespect to gamers ( from DRM to kinect requirement to online checkins to that BS 360 comment) has really put me off.

ANYONE GULLIBLE TO BELIEVE THIS...
That's what people said when rumors of DRM restrictions for games came out.

But like you I believe there's no way its true. They usually sell consoles at a loss or at breakeven early on. So they are going to want to have as many people with active consoles out there for the live subscription money, so blocking used consoles wouldn't benefit them at all.

The DRM restrictions rumor came from insiders.

This rumor originated because someone asked Xbox support, and the agent didn't know the answer.

Very different

This rumor originated because someone asked Xbox support, and the agent didn't know the answer.

Very different
Rumors are rumors.

Both times the general public still said no way.

Wasn't trying to imply the source of rumors was same(since I didn't know), but the public's reaction was/is same "no way".

Very different
Rumors are rumors.

Both times the general public still said no way.

Wasn't trying to imply the source of rumors was same(since I didn't know), but the public's reaction was/is same "no way".

Ahhh, see what you're saying now. My bad brah

Oddworld Inhabitants head Lorne Lanning has a dim view of the approach Microsoft has taken with indies on Xbox 360 and continues to on Xbox One.

Speaking with Eurogamer, Lanning decried Microsoft’s insistence on every game having a traditional publisher. “Why do we need a publisher when we self-finance our games, we build our own IP, we manage our own IP, and we've turned nearly two million units online as indie publishers sold – not free downloads? Why? What's wrong with us?”

The outspoken Oddworld creator's next game, Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty, is coming out on PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, PC, Mac, and Linux. Of the conspicuous absence of Microsoft platforms on that lists, Lanning says: “There's one party that's making it very clear they're not interested.”

Getting a clear view of the relationships between publishers, developers, and platform-holders like Microsoft is always difficult from the outside. For all of Lanning’s frustration, it’s a fact that Microsoft spent time at its E3 press conference on the undeniably indie Below from Capybara Games. The company has justifiably trumpeted Xbox Live Arcade’s role in bringing indie games to vast audiences, from Braid to Castle Crashers and dozens more. Nonetheless, having to split profits with a publisher who in Lanning’s view brings little value to a project like his is a bitter pill for a small independent studio to swallow.

iiAty3SuHdhC6.gif

This might be the greatest / strangest thing I've ever seen.

Woooow, so you're going to believe that the Xbox one will not be able to be sold or bought used because the Xbox Support said "we have no information" followed by the the vaguest article ever written........yet you dont believe it when the same Xbox Support say that you will be able to share games digitally and play the same game simultaneously.

I give up, people are clearly selectively reading what they want to read and ignoring what they dont.

Heres an interesting article. I usually don't like posting articles made by some average Joe but this one is very informative.

http://m.wpcentral.com/lets-talk-xbox-drm

PS4 Games Demoed on PS4 Dev Kits Says Blow, Xbox One Games Spotted Running on PCs With Nvidia Cards
http://n4g.com/news/clickout/1282684

his crusade against ms continues. guy needs to get a life. Hes really acting like a scorned lover

Homeboy is a real *****. MS made him tons of money (millions) and just because they won't change their policies for him he has an axe to grind.

The dev of that game just got up his *** on Twitter and said it was their decision not MS's to have the game on a PC because they haven't started porting the game (Lococycle) from 360 to Xbone.

But lets not stop this logical explanation from getting in the way for mindless fanboy lulz.

So all the Sony fanboys together now " :lol:, :rofl:, X-DONE, Can it get any worse" :rolleyes

Last edited:
Lol. If i had a penny for everytime i've cursed on Xbox Live......

I also did the Non-jtag glitch. For 4 months i downloaded free games on demand from my PC and transferred it to my xbox 360 for free...

I also took advantage of the FIFA 12 Ultimate Team gold pack glitch, which gave a crap load of free gold packs by just tapping A rapidly and glitching the marketplace

And i STILL did not get banned.

So if you somehow get banned, not suspended, but banned, then you really deserve it :lol:

Xbox's get banned for serious reason. Not just cursing online. You get suspended for lil **** like that.

You have to do somthing like mod your box, or be knowingly committing fraud to get a permaban.

And for ***** sake, this rumor is based on the word of a Xbox support rep. One of them didn't even know the One had a power button.

But once again, lets not stop and think "yeah, the detailed terms of service for the One have not been published yet, lets slow down until MS makes it official".................ah **** it " :lol:, :rofl:, X-Done, Can it get any worse" :rolleyes

:rofl: bunch of idiots.

Oh word your account only gets banned for serious offenses?

Like how I've seen clans co conspire to all leave someone negative feedback in room after room to get someone banned?

Or how people have lefft feedback to manipulate the system into a free name change by reporting a fake "offensive name" report.

I don't get all this ps4 fanboy talk either. A lot of folks myself included come from xbox. from the fat monster of a console all the way to 360. but this xbone blows.

You don't get banned for negative rep, you get suspended. Worst case scenario: a clan reports you for the sake of f**cking you over, you get suspended for a couple days. I know because i've seen it happen.

The One should be changed to have disc based DRM for offline players while the online players can use the daily check in.

Back
Top Bottom