Dude Goes All-In on the *Second* Round Virgin VOL. Read it all you lazy bums

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

laugh.gif
at the usual mclazy nt gfs defending him. blah blah blah dude is hurt blah blah blah. does that really explain why he plays with no heart? i guess hes played hurt his entire career since dude has never shown any heart.

*sigh*

Please explain to me what your definition of "heart" is.

Cuz I thought one of the definitions for "heart" was a player who goes out and plays hurt.

But I guess most of you guys only put the asterisk next to T-Mac because he's not playing WELL while he'shurt.

Cuz let's face it, if a player suits up and gives it a go while he's hurt, isn't that considered playing with heart?

But nah, y'all want to descredit the man b/c he's not putting up 30 a night on a bum knee.
laugh.gif

There were no accolades as he played through injury while he was the catalyst as they were winning 22 straight last year.

But let me guess, that was then and this is now. And since he's not playing well these days, he now has no"heart".

GTFOOHWTBS!

.Tracy McGrady had arthroscopic surgery Tuesday on his left shoulder and knee. (David J. Phillip/Associated Press)

Houston Rockets guard Tracy McGrady underwent arthroscopic surgery Tuesday on his left shoulder and knee.

McGrady, who turns 29 on May 24, reportedly had a slightly torn labrum repaired in the shoulder by Dr. Hussein Elkhousy, and had loose particles removed from both the shoulder and knee.

"It is really going to help him recover, and be pain free," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said. "Those are two areas that have been nagging Tracy for a while - not as acute as we saw this season - but they have been nagging him."

McGrady will likely need three months to fully recover, and begin rehabilitation in a couple of weeks. Dr. Tom Clanton, the team physician, told the Houston Chronicle that no structural damage was found in the ligament or cartilage of McGrady's knee.

"I do not expect these issues to impact his ability to prepare for the upcoming season," said Rockets physician Dr. Tom Clanton, who performed McGrady's knee operation.

McGrady started in 62 of 66 games this season, averaging 21.6 points, 5.9 assists, 5.1 rebounds, 1.0 steals and 37.0 minutes.

The seven-time all-star has averaged 22.4 points, 6.2 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 1.3 steals and 35.1 minutes in 749 appearances (605 starts) over 11 NBA seasons with the Toronto Raptors, Orlando Magic and Rockets.

McGrady was drafted ninth overall out of high school in 1997 by Toronto, which traded him to Orlando for a first-round draft pick on Aug. 3, 2000.

The Magic dealt McGrady, Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue and Reece Gaines to Houston for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato on June 29, 2004.

Link : http://www.cbc.ca/news/st.../nba-rockets-mcgrady.html

May 2008. It is now Janurary 2009.

Tellin' me it takes 8+ months to recover from his type of surgery? For a loose particle scope? Is that even drastic enough to be called surgery? If some ofyou don't know too much about arhroscopic surgery to remove loose particles, google and see. You mind as well google the recovery time as well.

Dude had a good 4-5 months to recover, rehab, and strengthen his knee. Its now January and 8 months since his kneescope. That's an extra 3 months on top of 5 months to recover. Read what the doctors said above again. Now your telling me he still recovering froma knee scope...and needs even more time to sit out and continue to recover?? Does this make any sense?

"I came back too soon" - Mcgrady

You mind as well sit out for the entire season going at this rate. That's unbelievable. For a damn knee scope...thats pretty pathetic.
ohwell.gif
You have to ask yourself if his injury really is an injury. Maybe he had thewrong type of surgery?

Heart surgery would've done it in my opinion.

Houston is getting fed up with T-Mac... If he doesn't want to be here he should speak up so we can bench him or TRY to send him off somewhere, maybe theGriz will take him lol

Originally Posted by ShaunJon

Houston is getting fed up with T-Mac... If he doesn't want to be here he should speak up so we can bench him or TRY to send him off somewhere, maybe the Griz will take him lol

Trade him for Francis
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

.Tracy McGrady had arthroscopic surgery Tuesday on his left shoulder and knee. (David J. Phillip/Associated Press)

Houston Rockets guard Tracy McGrady underwent arthroscopic surgery Tuesday on his left shoulder and knee.

McGrady, who turns 29 on May 24, reportedly had a slightly torn labrum repaired in the shoulder by Dr. Hussein Elkhousy, and had loose particles removed from both the shoulder and knee.

"It is really going to help him recover, and be pain free," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said. "Those are two areas that have been nagging Tracy for a while - not as acute as we saw this season - but they have been nagging him."

McGrady will likely need three months to fully recover, and begin rehabilitation in a couple of weeks. Dr. Tom Clanton, the team physician, told the Houston Chronicle that no structural damage was found in the ligament or cartilage of McGrady's knee.

"I do not expect these issues to impact his ability to prepare for the upcoming season," said Rockets physician Dr. Tom Clanton, who performed McGrady's knee operation.

McGrady started in 62 of 66 games this season, averaging 21.6 points, 5.9 assists, 5.1 rebounds, 1.0 steals and 37.0 minutes.

The seven-time all-star has averaged 22.4 points, 6.2 rebounds, 4.7 assists, 1.3 steals and 35.1 minutes in 749 appearances (605 starts) over 11 NBA seasons with the Toronto Raptors, Orlando Magic and Rockets.

McGrady was drafted ninth overall out of high school in 1997 by Toronto, which traded him to Orlando for a first-round draft pick on Aug. 3, 2000.

The Magic dealt McGrady, Juwan Howard, Tyronn Lue and Reece Gaines to Houston for Steve Francis, Cuttino Mobley and Kelvin Cato on June 29, 2004.
Link : http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2008/05/07/nba-rockets-mcgrady.htmlhttp://www.cbc.ca/news/st.../nba-rockets-mcgrady.html

Tellin' me it takes 8+ months to recover from his type of surgery? For a loose particle scope? Is that even drastic enough to be called surgery? If some of you don't know too much about arhroscopic surgery to remove loose particles, google and see. You mind as well google the recovery time as well.

Dude had a good 4-5 months to recover, rehab, and strengthen his knee. Its now January and 8 months since his knee scope. That's an extra 3 months on top of 5 months to recover. Read what the doctors said above again. Now your telling me he still recovering from a knee scope...and needs even more time to sit out and continue to recover?? Does this make any sense?

You mind as well sit out for the entire season going at this rate. That's unbelievable. For a damn knee scope...thats pretty pathetic.
ohwell.gif
You have to ask yourself if his injury really is an injury. Maybe he had the wrong type of surgery?

Jason Richardson had the same surgery and came back after a week

amazing

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by ShaunJon

Houston is getting fed up with T-Mac... If he doesn't want to be here he should speak up so we can bench him or TRY to send him off somewhere, maybe the Griz will take him lol

Trade him for Francis
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
hey, we would have someone that at least acts like he WANTS to be onthe court and plays with heart

Originally Posted by youngcheezy

durty pancakes wrote:

Tellin' me it takes 8+ months to recover from his type of surgery? For a loose particle scope? Is that even drastic enough to be called surgery? If some of you don't know too much about arhroscopic surgery to remove loose particles, google and see. You mind as well google the recovery time as well.

Dude had a good 4-5 months to recover, rehab, and strengthen his knee. Its now January and 8 months since his knee scope. That's an extra 3 months on top of 5 months to recover. Read what the doctors said above again. Now your telling me he still recovering from a knee scope...and needs even more time to sit out and continue to recover?? Does this make any sense?

ohwell.gif
You have to ask yourself if his injury really is an injury. Maybe he had the wrong type of surgery?

Jason Richardson had the same surgery and came back after a week

amazing

Some people on clutchfans who actually had the surgery seem to think T-Mac didn't rehab his knee at all and that is why it's coming back and biting him(along with the team, the organization, and the fans) in the #!# now. But who knows whats really going on... this team is such a mess right now

*sigh*

Please explain to me what your definition of "heart" is.

Cuz I thought one of the definitions for "heart" was a player who goes out and plays hurt.

But I guess most of you guys only put the asterisk next to T-Mac because he's not playing WELL while he's hurt.

Cuz let's face it, if a player suits up and gives it a go while he's hurt, isn't that considered playing with heart?

But nah, y'all want to descredit the man b/c he's not putting up 30 a night on a bum knee.
laugh.gif

There were no accolades as he played through injury while he was the catalyst as they were winning 22 straight last year.

But let me guess, that was then and this is now. And since he's not playing well these days, he now has no "heart".

GTFOOHWTBS!

really? IS the dude STILL hurt? If he is then he is soft as charmin because he has had more than plenty of time to rehab that knee of his. The problem isnthis bum knee, its his bum heart. Apparently, for some odd reason or another, it just stops working every once in awhile. You would have thought he would havegotten it checked out awhile ago, but I guess not.

More Rockets drama...

PHILADELPHIA - In perhaps a measure of expectations once outsized, or at least premature, now dramatically reduced, the Rockets merely had to play with intensity and desire in a loss to consider it a vast improvement.

The trick would be to turn that improvement into a turning point for a sinking season.

"At least we played with energy," Yao Ming said. "We played. We believed. We fought to the last second."
(Game versus Hawks without Mcgrady)

Despite the encouragement the Rockets gleaned from taking the Hawks to the final shot without Tracy McGrady, Ron Artest and Shane Battier a night after they rolled over in Toronto, it is unclear whether they can make that change last.

Teams often come out swinging when cornered and the Rockets were reeling by the loss and slump, while challenged by playing so short-handed. McGrady and Artest are expected back Tuesday against the 76ers, with hopes that the improvement without them will remain with them.

Rockets teammates, however, have spoken to McGrady throughout the season about his erratic effort. Rockets general manager Daryl Morey and coach Rick Adelman have spoken with him at least twice in the past two weeks, including since the game in Toronto on Friday. McGrady, however, has struggled while dealing with the soreness still in his left knee. Teammates say they need more from him, though always add that they need it when he is healthy enough to bring it.

"It's going to come down to Mac getting healthy and then Mac's got to kind of be more of a dog," Artest said. "Yao is definitely doing his part.

"I think it's coming along. For some reason, we're not able to put a good game together. I think right now, we look better on paper than what it really is. You see the Big Three people talk about, it's not turning into wins that people would think it would. We have to get more out of ourselves. Sometimes we play like our life is not on the line. Once we put our life on the line every game, we'll be OK."

Morey and Adelman have asked that players emphasize their own efforts, rather than worry about others, a point Yao made on Friday and Rafer Alston repeated on Saturday.

"You have to look at yourself in the mirror," Alston said. "Then you get to look at your teammates and say something, but you can't do that until you look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself are you giving 110 percent."

After Friday's game, however, Alston went so far as to suggest the team issue fines for poor effort, a step Morey said the team has not taken. Alston had said then that the team is "not at all" on the same page. On Saturday, he would not go as far as to say it is splintered, but did say that Saturday's effort could serve as an example.

"They know," Alston said. "Two of our guys out (Saturday), they watched and saw. They know the guys were battling their hearts out. The only thing they can do is come back and do the same. We count on that. We believe that's what they're going to come back and do. You have to get healthy to do it, first.

"We all know we should be on the same page, but if you look at the four or five game, you have lackluster performances. You get blown out in two games. At times out there, guys take it upon themselves. You get down and try to come from behind, guys try to get more aggressive and try to take on more of a scoring load, rather than stay within the scheme of the offense."

That has been an issue with Artest, and particularly on Friday. Effort, however, has not been a question.

Despite the Rockets' health and other issues, the Rockets believe they have an improved roster and a better record (they were 15-17) than this time last season. The Rockets have lost five of seven games and have three more games on the road trip and four games in four cities in a span of five days. But their longest losing streak this season is the current two games, an indication of some resilience.

Even before the Rockets' most determined of efforts on Saturday, Adelman expected at least that.

"I trust them," he said. "They've done it before. I think we have a lot of quality people on this team. It's got to come from within.

"When you've been at this a long time, you know in 82 games, you're going to win games you don't even imagine, that you just hope to stay in the game and give yourself a chance in the end. And you're going to lose games you try to figure out how in the world did that happen? It's keeping an even keel.

"Last year, we were able to do that. We're not at the end of the world here. It's just that we haven't played as well as we should play."

With their latest loss, they got closer to the way they should play. The trick will be doing it consistently and turning that into wins.

"It's to see yet," Luis Scola said when asked if an encouraging loss could turn things back around. "We have to see how the team reacts. It's something like what happened last year. We won 22 games in a row and we (reached) the playoffs by two games. That means (if) instead of being 22 in a row we went 20-2, we would have been out of the playoffs. You can't count on winning 22 consecutive.

"We have to start playing now. I think everybody knows we have to start doing it now."

http://www.chron.com/disp...y.mpl/sports/6193966.html

So, Mcgrady's contagious lethargic attitude/effort affects everyone and teammates start to finally get on him. But so far, no one seems toreally put themselves out there and call out Tmac probaby because their afraid of the repercussions.

I know Rafer is mad. Dude went as far as saying Morey should start handing out fines to players who don't give their full efforts.

Rockets fans, this is not looking good. I can only imagine what's going on in that locker room...team chemistry must be at an all time low. Hopefully,Deke can shine some light bring this team back together.

With a day off Sunday and a practice today, guard Tracy McGrady is expected to play Tuesday at Philadelphia rather than Wednesday in Boston in his plan to play one game in each back-to-back.

However, coach Rick Adelman said no decision had been made but that the changing lineups have been difficult.

"We have two days off, but I think we have to look at our whole situation," Adelman said. "It's starting to wear, too, on the guys. We never know who will play and who won't play. I think that's been unsettling."

http://www.chron.com/disp...ports/bk/bkn/6194095.html

laugh.gif

So play against the Sixers, sit out against Boston.

Let's just play the injury card for this situation. Wouldn't sitting out for Sixers and playing against Boston give you more time to "rest"so you can give it your all against one of the leagues top team? Now why is it the opposite way around? What's going on here?

I could be wrong here. It does say "expected" so we'll see.

The way he's been playing, I think the Rockets are better off playing both games without Mcgrady.

smh.gif

tracy needs a change of scenery; he's ready to move on. the rockets need to do the same and trade him please.

him and adelman are def. at odds right now. they were last yr too on his role in the offense. if JVG stayed, tracy would still play well.

o well, hopefully i'll see tracy on another team
mad.gif

LOL. he prolly is THE most lazy player in the NBA. Period.
laugh.gif
But dude isjust "cool" though.

If some of those all-stars play lazy like TMAC, they prolly don't even belong in the NBA.

I mean TMAC didn't make the NBA for his hustle and effort, he made it b/c of just his pure talent and alone.
laugh.gif

No one should follow his style and,

no one can really immulate his game b/c dude is born with that smoothness.

Thats why I love his game.

He looks like he ain't even trying.

I mean he's not trying. lol. Even if he is actually 100% healthy.

He still can get his if he wants to.

Lazy yet smooth.

Supreme talent.

If other stars try to be lazy like him, I really can't see most of them avging what they are now.

^Seriously........this guy has never really tried that hard. Even in Orlando when he'd drop 40 every night. my n' would do it with minimum exersion
laugh.gif

damn shame what it is now though
smh.gif
guy is my favourite player afterMike.....(and OJ
glasses.gif
) its hard to say that though now
tired.gif

Originally Posted by High St

^Seriously........this guy has never really tried that hard. Even in Orlando when he'd drop 40 every night. my n' would do it with minimum exersion
laugh.gif

damn shame what it is now though
smh.gif
guy is my favourite player after Mike.....(and OJ
glasses.gif
) its hard to say that though now
tired.gif
he finally admits to hearing people say he's done just yesterday so i look for him to try "a little more" real soon
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom