Dressing better

The local Costco has these for $20. Not really my style so I didn't get a pair. Sperry Loafer in Burgundy.
M0835728.jpg

just wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions or point me to some brands/styles to look into.

needed: casual boots

purpose: wear them in the winter with jeans mainly. so they have to be able to deal with walking through snow for short periods of time (walking to/from carmainly type of deal)

price: $150 or less.

not a fan of anything that is bulky, so something like 6 inch tims would be out of the question for me. hope i gave enough info and you guys can post upsomething for me to check out.

thanks

LL Bean Katahdin is a good choice posted up there for $160.
I kind of like this Clarks Street Hi GTX or Clarks Rockie Hi GTX, but $170 though.
2A3GCL_lg.jpg
2A3ACLbrwl_lg.jpg

It really isn't easy to suggest a boot that could stand the snow with rubber sole yet sleek and low profile and be less than $150.
You can get this Bed Stu boots for $130 and then use the extra $20 to add a Vibram rubber sole to the sole.
pl699841-00vliv01.jpg

thanks for taking the time rfx... how about something from red wings ? would they be suitable ? know they may be a little more pricey, but i guess i couldstretch the budget i wanted to spend if need be.

The thing with Red Wings is it could get bulky similar to Timbs.
They should work well, these RW RWI inspired boots are on sale at Zappos for $105 right now.
Again, it might be too bulky for what you are looking for but it should work for every other aspect of your criteria.
7954-469739-p.jpg
7954-469719-p.jpg

These heritage Chukkas by RW is also nice for $207.
Less bulky but still somewhat bulky and out of your price range.
8521-875401-p.jpg
10591-875354-p.jpg

Someone here picked up the J. Crew x RW boots and posted a pic, I forgot who it is but it didn't look too bad on him.

I love my RW Inspired boots. Only version i can get in a 14. The rest are to high of a cut for a RW. Might have to cop the black colorway soon. Snatched mypair off amazon

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

A few weeks ago, I started looking around for a winter coat. I posted the one I found in this thread, but no one really knows about the site/company. Metrosexualo.com...........yea, I know.

I saw some knockoff Nudies there, but that didn't deter me tonight from ordering the coat I've had my eyes on. I read on SF (one comment) about the quality being comparable to the Gap. For $186 shipped, I hope I'm satisfied. I'll do my own tests and inspection.

Pic:
It looks warm
laugh.gif
. If not, and is still decnet quality, I don't mind layering. I'll post pics if anyone is interested.

Cold weather is fast approaching and I'm excited.
Please post pics. Loving the coat. They have nothing that will fit me (6'5", 200), but it will give keep me looking for a similar stylecoat ...

Anybody else have a stretching problem with their Levi's denim? I didn't get the raw selvedge, but it seems like the waist has really stretched outsince buying them (and I haven't gained weight, I've actually lost some. Also, through the leg seems baggier but this might just be my imagination.

Levis or practically almost any denim stretches.
I always suggest sizing down and live with the pain and agony until it stretches to the desired fit.

sme here man, i feel like i got to get more mature and wear collar shirts ect...what i did was sell like 30 of my 60 pairs of jordans and got rid of the baggyclothes. i say lacoste is the way to go

Originally Posted by niidawg3

for the guy going to the dental interview ... here are some shirt tie ideas to go with your suit. from my monitor it looks like a greyish suit?

good luck.

That would be me, thanks for the advice. So I'm guessing a light color shirt with a dark (navy) tie would be best. The suit is actually a brown but itlooks weird in the pics, it's not your normal shade of brown can't really explain it lol.

thanks with the help though

I used to wear lacostes back in the day, but I don't like the way they fit at the bottom of their shirts...its like really short and wide...like you'rewearing a dress that ends at your stomach lol idk, the best fitting polo shirts I had were Burberry's and then RL Polo, but RL are pretty long

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Anybody else have a stretching problem with their Levi's denim? I didn't get the raw selvedge, but it seems like the waist has really stretched out since buying them (and I haven't gained weight, I've actually lost some. Also, through the leg seems baggier but this might just be my imagination.

It's not your imagination. Wash them and dry them on high.

RFX, I believe it was you that mentioned Palladium boots. Do you( or anyone else) know of any sites selling them that have a discount code right now?They're not expensive but if I can get a deal, why not? Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by avitale8

I used to wear lacostes back in the day, but I don't like the way they fit at the bottom of their shirts...its like really short and wide...like you're wearing a dress that ends at your stomach lol idk, the best fitting polo shirts I had were Burberry's and then RL Polo, but RL are pretty long
I much rather prefer the fit of a Lacoste polo than a RL polo, nowadays. I absolutely HATE the tail present on almost every RL polo. I bought aPerry Ellis polo the other day that fits decent. I'm thinking Original Penquin would suit my tall slim frame best.

Paul Smith Bihars in brown.
brown_12.jpg

Comparison shot witht he oxblood.
oxbloo12.jpg

oxbloo13.jpg

And of course, quick fit pics.
brown_13.jpg

awesome boot right there. couldn't do oxblood myself, colour was never sold on me. maybe if money is left over once sneakers get sold off, i'll be ableto finnaly grab myself a pair.

anyone know if the gap japanese selvedge "raw" denim is sanforized or not? i'm wondering if i could soak them to get them down asize, they're getting a little too baggy after weight loss.

I really like both, especially the oxblood just because it is pretty unique and unusual without being too "out there".
It works great and still very versatile in that color.

Last night to go out to dinner... It's getting colder in SoCal so I won't be able to pull this off soon.

Hugo Boss s/s shirt - Ferragamo belt - Levis 514's twill - John Varvatos loafers - Tag Heuer Carrera Chrono watch

RFX, or anyone who's got answer, any leads on darker cardigans for under $80 or so? being in college and on a budget is killing me
laugh.gif

1234233572.4655.OAK_FRNT.jpeg

I was watching this Five Four one and of course my size is gone the day before payday, but i'm lookin for something similar

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom