Dressing better

First non-sneaker pickups in years
30t6p3b.gif

159366a120bd12a65e79d2fcbb0757c02491583f_r.jpg

Originally Posted by Executive76

First non-sneaker pickups in years
30t6p3b.gif

159366a120bd12a65e79d2fcbb0757c02491583f_r.jpg

Very very very nice, those leather ones remind me of eastland's....Those hit harrrrd back in the 90's in NY.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

will cop the small good looks Ace....

No prob SP.

illphillip and AC4Three, thanks for the compliments fellas. 

itzbooranss: The shirt is actually made by Izod and has the stiffest collar in the world 
laugh.gif

spacej23: Let me take those boots off your hands(feet)
laugh.gif
, but seriously 
nerd.gif

Stay Lurkin: Nice F'n pick up man 
pimp.gif
. I actually picked up a pair too from their factory store for $159

5472590347_c098f8d197_z.jpg

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

I need a belt. Any suggestions? I have one, but it's not the business
laugh.gif

I want one that would be almost universal. Is there an article or anything I can read about belts? I know coordinate with shoes and accessories. I want to know what to look for, how wide the belt should be or skinny, certain guidelines, etc.
Also, opinion on reversible belts?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by spacej23

Nice fits in here, guys.

What I wore today:

14dkh9l.jpg

From top to bottom:

- J.Crew v-neck sweater
- J.Crew button-up
- J.Crew belt
- BR Jeans
- Sebago x Ronnie Fieg x Culture Shoq Docksides

Very well put together!!!....loving those boots bro.
Btw no seacrest but your hair game is on point, I wanna style my hair similar but I'm afraid my barber has no clue how to achieve that look...plus my hair is stubborn as hell.
Unborn - thanks homie, check your pms.
Sneakerprince - I don't think those RW are gonna go on sale bro, matter of fact the sales rep told me this weekend once they are gone they won't be restocked
frown.gif

Go online bro!..Jump on them!

eek.gif

You're one of the few that managed to grab those boots?

Im jelly. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Ronnie Fieg and all those David Z exclusives went hard this season. 
pimp.gif

I need a belt. Any suggestions? I have one, but it's not the business
laugh.gif

I want one that would be almost universal. Is there an article or anything I can read about belts? I know coordinate with shoes and accessories. I want to know what to look for, how wide the belt should be or skinny, certain guidelines, etc.
Also, opinion on reversible belts?
Here's what AskMen had to say about Picking A Belt. Some good info.
Reversible belts IMO are good for once and a while use. I have one that I tried to wear consistently and it failed. You have to take into account the wear and tear one side of the belt will receive when you wear it on the other. That's one thing I didn't do, wearing it so much, one side is kinda beat now 
grin.gif

Spacej23,

nice fit.

When purchasing a sweater that you're planning on wearing a shirt under, do you guys usually size up?

I'm a S in most of my clothes, but whenever I try and put a shirt underneath one of my sweaters, it ends up looking tight as hell and..bulky.

Originally Posted by KarimyBaby

Hey folks

I just purchased a Ralph Lauren Shawl but im not sure what i should pair it with.  Navy Chinos?? Jeans??? Any recommendations and also on some shoes to go with it.  Thanks
pPOLO2-8765182_lifestyle_v360x480.jpg

With that combo in the pic...a pair of fitted denim, brown shoes. 

anyone had any experience (or heard of) All Saints?  i'm assuming it's similar to H&M/Topman/etc swag?  any experience with quality?

Originally Posted by artysm

anyone had any experience (or heard of) All Saints?  i'm assuming it's similar to H&M/Topman/etc swag?  any experience with quality?

More vintage than H&M and Topman. Its expensive though.
As far as quality goes, the clothes look a lot better in real life. They look like absolute crap on the website. I dont think its worth the price tag, but its better than H&M and Topman quality.

its called All Saints Spitalfields? There's one here in vegas. Really nice stuff, but way out my budget. Only hear good things about it tho, quality-wise

Originally Posted by illphillip

This is pretty much where I am on a daily basis now. Better fitting jeans, shirt. Maybe a sweater over it. Shawl collars been in effect this winter. And Nikes. 
For some of us, this is dressing better. I'll throw on a suit when it's time. A blazer when it's time. But neither is required for work so I keep it comfortable. 

I'm pretty much the same, but I have a few "boots" in the rotation also.

Originally Posted by aceofjays

pimp.gif

Are those Park Avenues?

Which are better for work: Strands, Park Avenues, Lombard, or McAllister? They all look so similar to me so I have a hard time deciding.

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Originally Posted by illphillip

This is pretty much where I am on a daily basis now. Better fitting jeans, shirt. Maybe a sweater over it. Shawl collars been in effect this winter. And Nikes. 
For some of us, this is dressing better. I'll throw on a suit when it's time. A blazer when it's time. But neither is required for work so I keep it comfortable. 

I'm pretty much the same, but I have a few "boots" in the rotation also.
stuff like that is good everyday wear for some of us older guys.  not too casual and not too dressed up.  still comfortable but not sloppy.
it seems like some are confused & think "dressing better" means you have to be dressed up for a fashion show or fashion week.  you can mix in sneakers, some well-fitting hoodies & caps.  personal style looks better than looking generic.

Originally Posted by dukeben18

pimp.gif

Are those Park Avenues?

Which are better for work: Strands, Park Avenues, Lombard, or McAllister? They all look so similar to me so I have a hard time deciding.

The ones I have are actually Cliftons.
Any of the shoes you named can be worn to work. It depends on you personal style and what you prefer in a shoe i.e. cap toe, open lacing, closed lacing, wing tip etc.

Originally Posted by bamez

its called All Saints Spitalfields? There's one here in vegas. Really nice stuff, but way out my budget. Only hear good things about it tho, quality-wise

I turned down a job working for them a bit back.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at me for being picky about ANY job at this moment.

pimp.gif

Are those Park Avenues?

Any of the shoes you named can be worn to work. It depends on you personal style and what you prefer in a shoe i.e. cap toe, open lacing, closed lacing, wing tip etc.

Can someone explain the difference between open and closed lacing? I assume closed is dressier?

Also is the only difference between a longwing and a wingtip that the longwing broging is done all the way across the shoe? Which are more formal etc? Still trying to learn the shoe thing.

pimp.gif

Are those Park Avenues?

Can someone explain the difference between open and closed lacing? I assume closed is dressier?

Also is the only difference between a longwing and a wingtip that the longwing broging is done all the way across the shoe? Which are more formal etc? Still trying to learn the shoe thing.

Looking for something like this to be work out casually with jeans. Not sure if these are a little too "dressy". Are these something that can be worn out to say dinner and the bar?

pimp.gif
Are those Park Avenues?

Closed lacing are deemed dressier because it's cleaner but open can be dressy too, it just depends on the type of shoe itself. 
And yes, that is the main difference between longwings and wingtips. Both are actually meant to be a more casual shoes and rarely used for formal events, if ever.

Keep in mind, the cleaner and more simple the more dressier/formal for the most part. 

Back
Top Bottom