Dressing better

tumblr_lh5i8jjvbt1qawydto1_500.jpg

not me but opinion on this? pants wise it can fit better (imo) and jacket a bit too short yeah?

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Saw that Ralph Lauren was coming out with these....thoughts?
i wish these were a little darker...but i still might scoop them up.  Release date?

How does one keep these clean and avoid the denim rub?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by ii FLaSh ii

Just got promoted at my job(UPS)... Need to start dressing business casual, a whole new start to me
laugh.gif

I dont even know where to begin
30t6p3b.gif
With shoes, pants and shirts
I would start by observing what others are wearing at your work and just go with that. 
As tempted I am to suggesta  suit, if your co-workers are wearing and considers chino plus polo as business casual then it'll be pointless to wear a suit, especially if you still have to do some lifting and carryign boxes around. 

"Business casual" is one of those terms that is right in between the line, it varies from job to job and from company to company.
Definite not suits, the lady already told me also to avoid ties or jackets...
She said polo shirts/button ups with khakis/pants and shoes

I think Im just going to hit up the Polo outlet or something... I just need more help on the shoes, real picky when it comes to that
30t6p3b.gif

I say be a bit different and wear chinos with button up and just roll the sleeves. 
As for shoes, I picture a UPS job means a lot of walking, even if it is office work. 

So I'd suggest a shoe with rubber sole. Some chocolate bucks with red brick sole might be a good option, check out Nordstroms 1901 line.
I would go with the preppy wardrobe (what i usually wore when i worked in real estate and when i have to go on the campaign trail.. i guess boarding school paid off):
button up
khakis
and loafers (or boat shoes)

if it gets colder or you need to step it up a notch (without going with a suit).. then just throw on a blazer or a nice V neck sweater or something

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

i wish these were a little darker...but i still might scoop them up.  Release date?

How does one keep these clean and avoid the denim rub?
Boat shoes/boat chukka type shoes look better IMO when they are a bity worn/dirty. Gives the shoe some character. 

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

ii FLaSh ii wrote:

Congrats on the promotion, if a tie isnt going to get in the way of your work and you feel comfortable in one I think you should throw one on. My boss tells me all the time to stop wearing ties because he does'nt want it to be become a permanent part of the dress code in the office, but I don't listen. I love rocking ties and bow ties.. rather be overdressed then under.

Thanks! Yea I like ties also... Ill see more or less when I get there

Originally Posted by What up

rsdplaya wrote:
JRHodges11 wrote:

Check out Banana Republic's Anderson boot.  It's on sale right now for $119.

RL's look way better for some reason, but I wish they were the same price as the BR

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Just got promoted at my job(UPS)... Need to start dressing business casual, a whole new start to me
laugh.gif

I dont even know where to begin
30t6p3b.gif
With shoes, pants and shirts
I would start by observing what others are wearing at your work and just go with that. 
As tempted I am to suggesta  suit, if your co-workers are wearing and considers chino plus polo as business casual then it'll be pointless to wear a suit, especially if you still have to do some lifting and carryign boxes around. 

"Business casual" is one of those terms that is right in between the line, it varies from job to job and from company to company.
Definite not suits, the lady already told me also to avoid ties or jackets...
She said polo shirts/button ups with khakis/pants and shoes

I think Im just going to hit up the Polo outlet or something... I just need more help on the shoes, real picky when it comes to that
30t6p3b.gif

I say be a bit different and wear chinos with button up and just roll the sleeves. 
As for shoes, I picture a UPS job means a lot of walking, even if it is office work. 

So I'd suggest a shoe with rubber sole. Some chocolate bucks with red brick sole might be a good option, check out Nordstroms 1901 line.
I would go with the preppy wardrobe (what i usually wore when i worked in real estate and when i have to go on the campaign trail.. i guess boarding school paid off):
button up
khakis
and loafers (or boat shoes)

if it gets colder or you need to step it up a notch (without going with a suit).. then just throw on a blazer or a nice V neck sweater or something

I'm more into the shoes with laces for some reason... What would be more comfortable khakis or pants?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

not me but opinion on this? pants wise it can fit better (imo) and jacket a bit too short yeah?

yes and yes
IMO, if the pants were less bunched up and the jacket length was longer, the fit would be better

I'm more into the shoes with laces for some reason... What would be more comfortable khakis or pants?

this is what i mean when i say khakis:
http://bananarepublic.gap...63622&scid=763622002

when i say pants, it's a little more dressier (think borderline suit pants, without the jacket)

of the 2 i would say go with the khakis.. but that depends on how causal you want to go (i wear suits mon-fri.. so i go with khakis, if i'm dressing down and still want to wear pants)

I finally gave Uniqlo a try and ordered some chinos.

At first I was 
mad.gif

5476915132_a9869f11ee_z.jpg

Then I looked at the Gap khakis I use to wear 
sick.gif

5476843290_45ded5fb7a_z.jpg

Then I opened the box 
pimp.gif

5476242629_ffbe3412c2_z.jpg

Needless to say, I will be doing business with them again, soon 
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by aceofjays

At first I was 
mad.gif

5476915132_a9869f11ee_z.jpg

Then I looked at the Gap khakis I use to wear 
sick.gif

5476843290_45ded5fb7a_z.jpg

Then I opened the box 
pimp.gif

5476242629_ffbe3412c2_z.jpg

Needless to say, I will be doing business with them again, soon 
glasses.gif

The straight/slim fit tailored khakis at the gap aren't all that bad actually.

as for the uniqlo khakis, did you get them hemmed at the store?

Good brand.  And good choice on the chinos, they look crisp.  I got some cords from them while I was in Asia and their prices are 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

That's the thing, I tried the tailored cut that Gap offers and they were too wide in the leg and covered nearly 2/3 of my shoe, which I hate.
The Uniqlo chino are exactly what I was looking for in a pant. Fit is everything. 

I got them hemmed by request over the phone since I don't live where they have a store.

eiddyfouw: The prices are mad nice 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

how did you order from them?

Was gonna say the same thing. Couldve sworn they only have 1 store in NY and they dont deliver. I love that store though and the people who work there are very helpful.
To place an order by telephone, please call our Customer Orders Department:

toll free 1-877-4UNIQLO (1-877-486-4756)
Or, email us at: [email protected]

Our Customer Orders Department is open Monday through Sunday 9am to 6pm eastern standard time.

All you have to do is call their customer service line, give them the product code, size and you're set. They also ask if you want any alterations done, which are free
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

yes and yes
IMO, if the pants were less bunched up and the jacket length was longer, the fit would be better
Yeup. If he stood straight that jacket would be above his belt. Eh.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

how did you order from them?

Was gonna say the same thing. Couldve sworn they only have 1 store in NY and they dont deliver. I love that store though and the people who work there are very helpful.
To place an order by telephone, please call our Customer Orders Department:

toll free 1-877-4UNIQLO (1-877-486-4756)
Or, email us at: [email protected]

Our Customer Orders Department is open Monday through Sunday 9am to 6pm eastern standard time.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

That's the thing, I tried the tailored cut that Gap offers and they were too wide in the leg and covered nearly 2/3 of my shoe, which I hate.
The Uniqlo chino are exactly what I was looking for in a pant. Fit is everything. 

I got them hemmed by request over the phone since I don't live where they have a store.

eiddyfouw: The prices are mad nice 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

They have 2 tailored cuts though...perhaps you tried the straight version.

I have the slim tailored, and they taper down very nicely...gotta try out the uniqlo chinos when i get a chance.

Originally Posted by spacej23

Nice fits in here, guys.

What I wore today:

14dkh9l.jpg

From top to bottom:

- J.Crew v-neck sweater
- J.Crew button-up
- J.Crew belt
- BR Jeans
- Sebago x Ronnie Fieg x Culture Shoq Docksides

You look exactly like Ryan Braun
laugh.gif