_6327568.jpg

_6327638.jpg

_6327509.jpg

_6327501.jpg

_6327542.jpg

http://shop.nordstrom.com...?origin=PredictiveSearch

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Originally Posted by ksteezy

While on topic, can anyone shed some light on sock etiquette, if there is such thing?...and what are some good places to cop some nice funky ones?...JCREW's selection is very limited...

Have you tried Uniqlo socks? they are 4 for $12.50 and they come in over 30 colors
pimp.gif

Gooood call. I'll be looking for some assorted styles soon

I found a few Paul Smith-like socks at Banana Republic last year, it was on sale too, around $2-3 a pair iirc.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

Originally Posted by ballinamillion1

lol someone get rfx an hd camera
I admit I suck at taking pics, especially since I'm using a timer and horrible lighting. 
I do have a G10 but it's just too bulky to haul around so I'm using some cheap Panasonic for most of my "self-portraits".

I can just take a quick pic and throw it in the backseat of my car and forget about it. 
laugh.gif

I can't do that with the G10. I have been considering getting the S95 as a replacement for my crappy portable. 
lol nothing wrong with the camera, I was just playing, I'm sure your camera would put the camera on my smartphone to shame anyways....
laugh.gif
 Nah, even my iphone4's camera puts my portable to shame. If I can find a way to prop the iphone up to take pics, I would use that instead.
Generaiya suggests a Turtleback Dock as a way to prop your iPhone? 
turtleback-turtle-jacket-iphone-1.jpg

via Highsnobiety

Just a heads up, J.Crew is having a 30% off and free shipping on sale items. I know quite a few of you shop there. Code is AYC93K.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Does anyone here starch their collars?

I've actually been thinking about using starch lately, to give my shirts a more crisp look. But, I haven't done it yet.

And, am I the only one who thinks RFX jacket looks fine? 
ohwell.gif
. What brand is it BTW? 
nerd.gif

Finally got around to doing my second "Tailor Test". I had her tapper the legs and take a bit of the length out.

5471423916_ab54474245_z.jpg

I'm pleased with the results. Now, I can take a pair I'll be wearing consistently to get done.

Yesterday, I mixed the old with the new.

5470831047_f21e5f0b12_z.jpg

Never forget where you came from.

Found a pair of chinos recently that I received as a gift (I think sometime last year).  However, they were bootleg 
eyes.gif
  Thus I buried them in the back of my closet. I took them to the tailor recently to see if they could do anything about them instead of throwing them away...
Heres the end result...

From "Bootleg" to "Slim".  I still think they could have done a better job, but the woman swears that if she cut any more of the fabric, It would have been a disaster.  It's not exactly what I wanted but
grin.gif

sgmnvb.jpg

laugh.gif
at "bootleg", you meant boot cut?
I'm just messing with you, your tailor did a good job, that looks good.
It might be a bit too short but it looks like it can be extended quarter to half an inch longer so no big deal.

laugh.gif
at "bootleg", you meant boot cut?

laugh.gif
 When I typed "bootleg", something felt weird lol, "boot cut" was what I was thinking.  Thanks
@AceofJays thanks, I think I can trust her with a few other pieces now.  

Originally Posted by aceofjays

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Does anyone here starch their collars?

5470831047_f21e5f0b12_z.jpg

Never forget where you came from.

Yes I do.  On certain shirts only.  I have a couple white shirts where the collar is a little floppy, so I starch them, and they pop. 
Btw, that's a clean fit.  The shoes seem to work really well with the fit. 

^Actually i think the jeans + shoes don't go that well. First, the shoe looks too tightly laced together. And the taper down makes the shoes look even bigger. Maybe on some other shoes the jeans would look good but I'm not a fan of skinny +high top dunks

Ace, those jeans turned out great. Not super skinny, just right and just in comparison to the old cut, it looks like you lost a few pounds too.
Personal preference but I wouldn't have gotten it shortened, I liked a bit of stacking on my jeans, against that's just me.
Looks great though, how much did the tailor charge you? Mine charges extra when dealing with jeans.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Found a pair of chinos recently that I received as a gift (I think sometime last year).  However, they were bootleg 
eyes.gif
  Thus I buried them in the back of my closet. I took them to the tailor recently to see if they could do anything about them instead of throwing them away...
Heres the end result...

From "Bootleg" to "Slim".  I still think they could have done a better job, but the woman swears that if she cut any more of the fabric, It would have been a disaster.  It's not exactly what I wanted but
grin.gif

looks great!!

lol @ bootleg

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Are thsoe hi-top dunks? They look like low-tops to me.

nike-dunk-high-nl-undftd.jpg

and ace.. what's the name of the navy jacket you're wearing?
Ahh, gotcha. Don't keep up with these sneakers anymore so I didn't know. 

Originally Posted by aceofjays

And, am I the only one who thinks RFX jacket looks fine? 
Here are some articles with references to buttoning point to give you a better perspective on where your buttons should be on a blazer/suit ... not claiming to be an expert, but there are general rules that ensures that a fit passes muster/looks good on an individual wearing it.

http://www.luxury-insider.com/columns/peter_chong/the_single_breasted_suit/page2.aspx

http://www.ahfashion.com/mens_single_breasted_suit/index.htm

http://putthison.com/post/2062564474/thisfits-would-you-guys-be-willing-to-gut-check

Back
Top Bottom