Dressing better

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

Anybody know what these white shoes are?

gqnyfw10.jpg

Looks like Common Project.
Expect to pay a good amount of dough for those.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Doesn't look like Common projects to me, it looks bulkier or more padded than CP.

If you look closely you can sort of see some
writing on the outer heel of the left shoe.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Gilt just got me good today
laugh.gif
Finally picked up a pair of monk strap suedes along with a few other items.

pics n price or link
$200 A Testoni
med.jpg

I was originally looking at a pair of Cole Haans, these are much cleaner.

Just realized sizing was in UK
laugh.gif
had to order a size up, and paid an extra $10 for shipping on the 2nd pair.  Don't get why they couldn't simply modify the order.

Originally Posted by tony23retro

Doesn't look like Common projects to me, it looks bulkier or more padded than CP.

If you look closely you can sort of see some
writing on the outer heel of the left shoe.

Sorry my eyes aren't that good. 
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

SIlhouette just doesn't look like CPs.

Can someone please explain the $400 difference between CP's and Vans? I'll never understand this

Originally Posted by Kramer

Can someone please explain the $400 difference between CP's and Vans? I'll never understand this
Style: CP's has a very simple, clean and versatile design. They are also low profile, less bulky than Vans.
Quality: CP's are made in Italy that uses good quality leather (some w/ extra treatment like washed or distressed-vintage).
Craftmanship: CP's sole are actually stitched to the uppers iirc whil Vans are glued and made in China. Overall, they're very well made.
Look: CP's just look better. 

i wonder how many people will go to that apple store thing.  it is in soho, so i'm guessing the fashionable people will know about it.

Need some recommendations from you guys, I have a job interview with T Rowe Price Friday and my suit won't be finished getting tailored in time so what would you guys recommend me wearing?

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

They winning.
30t6p3b.gif

i might not dress like or follow their blog

but much props to young brothas out there doing their thing and coming up
pimp.gif

makes me proud

Originally Posted by Al Audi

They winning.
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

makes me proud
props nonetheless. I can't hate.
I do wonder where all this stuff leads though. In all...they don't produce anything. They don't design clothes nor do they sell any other thing. They're just tastemakers. Thats fine and dandy, but what does it all really mean?

Style: CP's has a very simple, clean and versatile design. They are also low profile, less bulky than Vans.
Quality: CP's are made in Italy that uses good quality leather (some w/ extra treatment like washed or distressed-vintage).
Craftmanship: CP's sole are actually stitched to the uppers iirc whil Vans are glued and made in China. Overall, they're very well made.
Generaiya thinks a pair of all white Common Project Achilles Low will be the only pair of white sneakers one will ever need in their wardrobe. Dress it up, dress it down. Incredibly versatile sneaker
smokin.gif

COMM-MZ89_V1.jpg

They winning.
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

makes me proud
I do wonder where all this stuff leads though. In all...they don't produce anything. They don't design clothes nor do they sell any other thing. They're just tastemakers. Thats fine and dandy, but what does it all really mean?

can't speak for them, but with the publicity they have/are having, i'd be looking to roll out my own brand and riding the free (?) marketting. they seem like savvy guys though, so i'm sure they have a plan.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

They winning.
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

makes me proud

can't speak for them, but with the publicity they have/are having, i'd be looking to roll out my own brand and riding the free (?) marketting. they seem like savvy guys though, so i'm sure they have a plan.

I think what it boils down to is that they are doing what the love. These guys have been in fashion shows, modeled for a few places and have been getting exposure. I'm sure there are some benefits and free stuff that comes with that and it is something they love to do. And like Nii said, they can start a clothing company right now and it'll be a hit. The road has been paved, now they just have to walk in it.
And Nii, nice as usual. What material is the suit? It doesn't look like the usual wool from the first pic.

^ Not really a fan of pants that aren't grey, dark brown or khaki but I like those. They look very nice with the blazer. 

@RFX, something about those pants.

I don't know if maybe a pair of chinos or maybe a good pair of denim would have fixed the issue. Those pants look off in the fit. Or maybe just not matching the shoes and the jacket..maybe a pair of white low key sneakers.

To be fair I was wearing thermal underneath, bloody cold in SoCal this past weekend.

Originally Posted by ChiefWiggum

I usually do not like shoes of this shape, but damn it these are growing on me. (Clae Bailey)
clae-bailey-sneakers-1.jpg

Any info on this specific color? I found the "khaki" and black color, but not this cinnamon.

Originally Posted by generaiya

Generaiya thinks a pair of all white Common Project Achilles Low will be the only pair of white sneakers one will ever need in their wardrobe. Dress it up, dress it down. Incredibly versatile sneaker
smokin.gif

COMM-MZ89_V1.jpg
so impossible to find though. looked up and down new york city for these.

Originally Posted by Murray497

vanishing elephant shoes are up on gilt... just a heads up. very good styles and deals. 3 pairs for 300.

Generaiya appreciates the heads up. Forgot to check today.

These make for great springtime beaters:

med.jpg

Generaiya may also get this blazer, $135 is a steal:

med.jpg

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom