Dressing better

most of that esquire list is common sense.
sometimes their lists and suggestions are stupid.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

streetballa2311 wrote:

DJprestige21 wrote:

Cronicmolemolereturns wrote:

Cronicmolemolereturns wrote:

DSC_0045.jpg

swag

should have mentioned that's http://www.thestyleblogger.com/ Esquires best dressed normal man 2009

Dude is 23.

23 are u serious.. damn

The guy who won this year is 22. Both are VERY well dressed folks.

People are dressing better a lot earlier than in the past.

I've been trying to find out but to no avail...where do they get the money for all this?

I hope Uniqlo brings back their cashmere turtlenecks this season. They already started rolling out the crewnecks, but no turtlenecks as of yet. I'll probably pair it with that tweed blazer from Uniqlo as well.

Time to start wearing boots again
happy.gif

Wearing my katahdins for the first time in a while.
I really want some black leather ones, still haven't found any that I like. that's actually my size

You don't have to be doing too well to get what he got on his closet, he was just probably more into those clothes when he was younger instead of Jordans or sneakers. Just imagine how much what we spent on sneakers until we became their age? Imagine spending it on what he bought, it would sense. Plus with suits, if you know your size and where to look and have a good tailor, you can really find some good bargains. You get into the fashion business and you may even get some of those for free. I don't think he is in the fashion business though.

Just picked up a pair of black cord's but I'm not exactly sure what might go well with them. I can always keep it simple with a fitted white shirt and a pair of black Clark's weaver lows, but any other ideas/suggestions would be appreciated
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

You don't have to be doing too well to get what he got on his closet, he was just probably more into those clothes when he was younger instead of Jordans or sneakers. Just imagine how much what we spent on sneakers until we became their age? Imagine spending it on what he bought, it would sense. Plus with suits, if you know your size and where to look and have a good tailor, you can really find some good bargains. You get into the fashion business and you may even get some of those for free. I don't think he is in the fashion business though.

His age kinda invalidates that point. JT (the guy pictured above) went to Columbia and has pretty afluent parents from what i've heard. It makes sense cos there is no way a 22 year old (what he was last year) can have 3-5k suits ... and at least 10-15+ of them. His wardrobe is easily a 100k worth. Due to growth, you have to assume he started building his wardrobe at say 19-20 ... so its been only 2-3 years max ... i suspect its more like 1-2. No way he has that much money to spend on only clothes coming straight out of college 

Originally Posted by xblaze23

most of that esquire list is common sense.
sometimes their lists and suggestions are stupid.

the thing is, in all aspects of life, common sense isn't so common.

This is true, you really won't notice it until someone points it out. 

His age kinda invalidates that point. JT (the guy pictured above) went to Columbia and has pretty afluent parents from what i've heard. It makes sense cos there is no way a 22 year old (what he was last year) can have 3-5k suits ... and at least 10-15+ of them. His wardrobe is easily a 100k worth. Due to growth, you have to assume he started building his wardrobe at say 19-20 ... so its been only 2-3 years max ... i suspect its more like 1-2. No way he has that much money to spend on only clothes coming straight out of college 

THIS
best dressed "normal guy" while dude living top 10 percentile.
and yes im hating...dudes wall is fly
glasses.gif

That would make sense but by that age, I am 50-70 pairs deep in Air Jordans and yeah suits are more expensive, but I figure if he has a decent job and got started early (I started working when I was 15) that he might have accumulated it over the years and you know how much of a good deal you could have jus tby browsing the buy/sell forums if you know your size and what you are looking for.
Then again, I am not an expert in suits, I cna't look at one and see what brand it is like some other clothes or shoes. Suits are just a different breed when it comes to that stuff, you need a keen eye like you Nii, or just know about suits in general. So yeah, I just assumed it might have been bargain hunted suits, which is possible. I had no idea it would equal to around $100k worth. 

Nice fits Nii, and that last fit makes you look like a college student. You should try and pull off that look more often to make you look younger, not that you look that old or anything.
laugh.gif

^^a suit at 15 wont fit you at 22. plus how much were you making at 15? i was making 5.15 at McDonalds ... no way i was buying bespoke suits or ferragamos on that salary. plus two years out of college still wont make up that money to create that wardrobe.

but let me stop - seems like i am hating and i'm not ... i think he deserved to win EBDRM ... and he is one of the best dressed people i know. his versatility is top notch.

i actually went to high school with this dude in a small town (windsor, ontario, canada). he was a year under me.
he definitely wasn't dressin like this in high school. he used to wear ball shoes every day. he played ball and i think that's how he got to NY - on a scholarship. i know he kicks it w/ some dudes that i hang out with every now and then when he's back in windsor, but i'm not that close to him.

i'm pretty sure he started getting into style when he got to NY. i wish i knew what he did for money, though. reading his blog...it seems that most of his stuff is custom made from Michael Andrews Bespoke.

That would make sense but by that age, I am 50-70 pairs deep in Air Jordans and yeah suits are more expensive, but I figure if he has a decent job and got started early (I started working when I was 15) that he might have accumulated it over the years and you know how much of a good deal you could have jus tby browsing the buy/sell forums if you know your size and what you are looking for.
Then again, I am not an expert in suits, I cna't look at one and see what brand it is like some other clothes or shoes. Suits are just a different breed when it comes to that stuff, you need a keen eye like you Nii, or just know about suits in general. So yeah, I just assumed it might have been bargain hunted suits, which is possible. I had no idea it would equal to around $100k worth. 
Under every post he has he comments on what label the clothing are..and none of these suits are Tom Ford or anything.. some are well yeah Bespoke but MOST of them are affordable suits like H&M and Brooks Brothers etc

^^a suit at 15 wont fit you at 22. plus how much were you making at 15? i was making 5.15 at McDonalds ... no way i was buying bespoke suits or ferragamos on that salary. plus two years out of college still wont make up that money to create that wardrobe.

but let me stop - seems like i am hating and i'm not ... i think he deserved to win EBDRM ... and he is one of the best dressed people i know. his versatility is top notch.

I wasn't saying he was buying suits when he was 15 but let's say he starts working at 18, save up and get a pair of Ferragamo on sale here and there. Average that out to 2-3 pairs a year til he hits 20 yrs., 6 pairs isn't bad, then start getting to suits and bargain hunting. If I dedicate myself to SF, I can can get good deals. Again, keep in mind that when I made the statement earlier, some of those suits could ahve been Hickey or JV for all I know, I had no idea some of those were $4k-$5k each. But considering that a guy in his 20's w/ the situation I posted above, get a decent job that pays well, start bargain hunting, get those $250-$300 suits every 2-3 months, maybe a few H&M and Zara suits here and there, and more pairs when Ferragmos go on sale or from Buy/sell forum, by the time a guy is 22 yrs old he could have close to what he has in that pic. Also keep in mind I didn't go to his blog and just looked at that pic so I am not sure how far that wall extends. 
I don't think it's farfetch if he happens to be one of the luck yones who has connects and gets a good job while still in college, do some budgeting, bargain hunting, etc... Again, keep in mind that the brands won't be the same as his. I don't think a person could change that much from 18-22 years old physique-wise if he eats and stays as active. I've practically been the same size from high school to now, actually I am actually a bit lighter now than I was in HS. 

[h2]Street Etiquette: The Black Ivy[/h2]

Joshua Kissi and Travis Gumbs did something a little different with their blog http://www.streetetiquette.com//www.streetetiquette.com. Street Etiquette today, launching an ambitious project in which they pay tribute to the enduring style of historically black colleges (known unofficially as the Black Ivy League). We've included a few shots from the portfolio here (photographed by F.E. Castleberry of http://www.unabashedlyprep.com//www.unabashedlyprep.com Unabashedly Prep), but click over to http://www.streetetiquette.com/the-black-ivy/www.streetetiquette.com/the-black-ivy_1. Street Etiquette to see the whole thing—the series deserves to be viewed in its entirety.

group.jpg

Too many pics to post so here's the link:  [URL]http://www.streetetiquette.com/the-black-ivy/[/url]

[h2]Street Etiquette: The Black Ivy[/h2]

Joshua Kissi and Travis Gumbs did something a little different with their blog http://www.streetetiquette.com//www.streetetiquette.com. Street Etiquette today, launching an ambitious project in which they pay tribute to the enduring style of historically black colleges (known unofficially as the Black Ivy League). We've included a few shots from the portfolio here (photographed by F.E. Castleberry of http://www.unabashedlyprep.com//www.unabashedlyprep.com Unabashedly Prep), but click over to http://www.streetetiquette.com/the-black-ivy/www.streetetiquette.com/the-black-ivy_1. Street Etiquette to see the whole thing—the series deserves to be viewed in its entirety.

group.jpg

Too many pics to post so here's the link:  http://www.streetetiquette.com/the-black-ivy/http://www.streetetiquette.com/the-black-ivy/

goodlookin. there some nice things here

Back
Top Bottom