Dressing better

laugh.gif
  If he didn't wear the hoody then it would've been fine.  Some of you 
eek.gif
eek.gif
 when a popular member posts a fit with sneakers.

Im just curious where do alot of you guys live? I was in cali not to long ago, but general stay in the A and its been like lower to mid 80's. Dont you guys get hot with wearing all those layers of clothes, no hating actually most off the fits are tight, but i mean hoodies, sweaters, scarfs etc in 70's + temperatures. Or are alot of you guys just posting old winter/fall pics.

I guess Ill be the first to say it.
Even if that fit did belong in this thread it was flat out wack homie.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Im just curious where do alot of you guys live? I was in cali not to long ago, but general stay in the A and its been like lower to mid 80's. Dont you guys get hot with wearing all those layers of clothes, no hating actually most off the fits are tight, but i mean hoodies, sweaters, scarfs etc in 70's + temperatures. Or are alot of you guys just posting old winter/fall pics.

Whatever I posted was recent, rainy day in California. And the pcoat for a night out, won't be bringing those out especially with the temperature rising very soon.

@sandiego
just my style, I mean if you wanna change the shoes or jacket go ahead. its just for those who want a sense of combining dress up and casual attire.

Originally Posted by shogun

laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

It's the way the clothes fit. They look sloppy. If they had a better fit, the outfit would have been much more better.

Originally Posted by MikeTysontheKiller

Originally Posted by shogun

laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

It's the way the clothes fit. They look sloppy. If they had a better fit, the outfit would have been much more better.
dimsum9, your fits are horrid and esp on this thread.  if you want attention, your posts belong to wdywt in sneaker showcase.  

jw has anyone recieved gilt credit from someone that you've never even invited?
It may just be a glitch or IDk but I have no clue who this person is and I checked to see who I invited and his name wasn't there. But it still added an extra $25 to my account.
I'll take it, but I'm feeling a little iffy about it cause it may be an attempt at my credit card info

It is so hot in the summer time so I usually don't even bother to get dressed up. I usually only come out at night...but when I do, I usually where different variations of A&F jeans and fitted vnecks etc. Oh, and I always wear low, thin soled slip-on and sometimes lace shoes. The jeans differ from light-medium-dark wash and usually are mild to medium destroyed (always slim). I guess what I'm trying to get at after all that is, ......do I look like a fool
laugh.gif
? Do people still wear mildly destroyed jeans? I honestly think I look fine and people usually comment but I was just randomly thinking and noticed that I don't ever see anyone wearing them on here. I'd post some pics if I had some. Maybe this weekend

Originally Posted by yancancook90

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

Originally Posted by yancancook90

im sorry but was it necessary to post that fit? im mean its just a hoodie, an untucked buttonup, TR jeans
sick.gif
, & some Nikes

shut up

some of the elitist attitude y'all got

smh

sound like the gay dude off @%#!% eye for the straight guy

sorry no elitist attutude here. i was simply asking was it necessary to post it.
its just that what he's wearing is so, for lack of a better term, "basic". i think we've all seen what he's wearing before and anyone can pull that look off.
IMO there's nothing that he has added to the look to make it unique. and im not saying that you should roll up your pants, or go sockless, or wear a knit tie to post pics in this thread.
im not knocking the blazers either. however i do have a problem with TR/R&R/Seven jeans but thats just me.
laugh.gif

There certainly is an "attitude" in this thread on occasion.  Ol' boys club.

The thing is, IMO, that this thread has its own niche. Just like there are or have been threads for import cars, certain types of sneakers, entertainment, beer, whatever it may be.

I always thought that the purpose was for people who dress like more of an adult than just hoodies, sneakers, baggy jeans. That's not to say you can't or shouldn't dress like that, but that doesn't really "fit" in this thread. I didn't create it and I don't contribute that much so maybe I don't have a say, plus I'm not really into the whole posting your outfit thing, but there's also a separate What Did You Wear Today thread for people who want to go that route, right?

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

This thread goes through this every now and then.

His fit just doesnt "fit", compared to the other fits in this thread. Its not exactly what you think of when you think of "dressing better" and the information and discussions posted in this thread on top of the obvious fits.

I personally dont think Jordans, SBs and most sneakers belong in this thread. Its not about having an elitist attitude. Quick to judge eh?
however you want to put it, it is

im not quick to judge if others feel the same way

if a look can be pulled off with those types of sneakers so be it...

you are NOT unique or better in anyway because you don't wear them

nor does it make you look better than the next guy...

it all can be preference, but flaming and putting other posters down in this thread is what irks me.

yancancook90, i apologize for the way i put that out, i understand what you are saying. i just found your initial comment obnoxious and rude

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

k30mdy.jpg

Nice. What I would typically wear during winter too.

where do you live though? I live in Toronto and no way we'd be dressing up like this in May.
good thing to know I'm not the only one with a cable knit cap lol.
Mine is noth face and it's black 

Originally Posted by Andrew630

So I was looking for some beatle boots because they look great on my slim and tall build but I can't seem to find any lace up ones. Then I try to look for all black leather dessert boots and I couldn't find any good deals. Then I can across these Ben Shermans. Can anyone provide me with some other options before I make a final decision? I like the toe on the dessert boots, but I also like the sharp toe on beatle boots. I just want a black dress boot that I can wear 3 or 4 days out of the week that look great on my slim/tall build.
shoes_iaec1002475.jpg
bumping, need more opinions.

Originally Posted by NYC game

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

k30mdy.jpg

Nice. What I would typically wear during winter too.

where do you live though? I live in Toronto and no way we'd be dressing up like this in May.
good thing to know I'm not the only one with a cable knit cap lol.
Mine is noth face and it's black 

Ne-yo?

And im so sick of love songs...

laugh.gif

So I was looking for some beatle boots because they look great on my slim and tall build but I can't seem to find any lace up ones. Then I try to look for all black leather dessert boots and I couldn't find any good deals. Then I can across these Ben Shermans. Can anyone provide me with some other options before I make a final decision? I like the toe on the dessert boots, but I also like the sharp toe on beatle boots. I just want a black dress boot that I can wear 3 or 4 days out of the week that look great on my slim/tall build.
shoes_iaec1002475.jpg
bumping, need more opinions.
I love those, I've been obsessed with Chelsea boots but I just don't like the pointed toe look.
I went the the Ben sherman site and it's all sold out except in like sz 10 and 11.

I'm 9 1/2 so I can't mess plus if I"m gonna get a hundred and something dollar boots I might as well get the Clarks dessert boots.

Beatles boots has to be chealseas, which doesn't have laces, black and with a pretty high heels. Also, Beatles boots without a somewhat pointy toe isn't Beatles boots. 
tongue.gif

2766107025_a9fff1523d.jpg

I would think it would be better without the rather high heels but you need something like these for beatles boots:

chelsea-boots.jpg

350__1_shoes_iaec1133854.jpg

How about dress shoes similar to these? I'm probably looking to spend 150-200 for a quality pair.

And maybe it's just me, but it's hard as hell to find slim fit wide-spread collared dress shirts...

I hate the square toe but when i saw the overall shape/silhouette of the shoe, it reminded me of Paul Smith Pitney shoes right away.
I am not sure if you could get it for $200 though.

Browse around UrbanOutfitters.com or RevolveClothing.com, they should have a similar looking shoe but most likely in a more neutral color.

Back
Top Bottom