Dressing better

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by CJ003

Nordstroms has the Bed Stu 'Stentorian' Oxford for 68.00, i like the look of them. does anyone know how the quality is, and can these be worn w/ a nice pair of jeans?

http://shop.nordstrom.com...rchtype=&pbo=6022881&P=1

That shoe is definitely a very casual shoe, I think the combination of the laces and two segmented material makes it real casual.
It should be perfect with jeans, as for quality, at $68 retail, it should be ok. If it lasts a year or so of solid wearing, the $68 should be worth it.
_6048480.jpg
i like the brown pair better...

16794950_020_b

Looking for some help with a suit. I'm tall (6'5'') and looking for a suit without spending over $300 (if I can). Since I have to shop tall (not big), my options are limited. Can anyone make any suggestions? I'd love to be able to go buy a jacket (say charcoal) and pants at separate retailers, but I'm afraid of the colors not being exact. What should I do?

Originally Posted by one11archerave

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Isn't it just a regular grey hoody?

Probably be able to find it at American Apparel.

I duno, I think it looks thinner and different from a regular hoody, gonna check out AA next time I'm in the neighborhood
I got a blue hoody similar to that one from urban outfitters last year but they probably have them at AA also. I think Nordstroms had similar hoodys too a couple moths ago.

good looking out, gonna check out their websites

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Looking for some help with a suit. I'm tall (6'5'') and looking for a suit without spending over $300 (if I can). Since I have to shop tall (not big), my options are limited. Can anyone make any suggestions? I'd love to be able to go buy a jacket (say charcoal) and pants at separate retailers, but I'm afraid of the colors not being exact. What should I do?

i dont think its a good idea to try and match the pants and jacket from different retailers. it will be a PAIN to find the exact match. i'd say go to the department stores. figure out what fits best on you, irrespective of price, and then hit up the online shops, ebay etc to see if you can find the same suit for 300 or less. be prepared to spend 50-100 bucks on tailoring to attain an even better fit (usually hemming pants, taking in/letting out sleeves, maybe slimming pants a little etc). good luck.

I know this has been answered a bunch of times..but I never found a direct answer..

how do these

2vxkb3s.jpg

fit compared to regular Chucks? Should I get the same size as my regular chucks? I see them for dirt cheap on ebay right now..and i just wanna make sure theyre gonna fit.

thanks!

just try them on. I wear 10s in nikes and 9.5-10s in chucks, although most people usually size down to a 9. i have wide feet

Not really an avid poster on NT, though I've been a member since 05. Been lurking the dressing better thread since it first sprung up, probably the only threads I still look through on NT. Thought I'd give it a shot.

Disney on Ice with my daughter over the weekend.

Belstaff
Jcrew
Levis
Target

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Looking at this thread reminds me how much Uniqlo has spoiled me.
damn New Yawkers 
laugh.gif

i'd kill for a Uniqlo in Chicago San Francisco

Therea are rumors that they are bringing one to SF. That's what I've been hearing from friends as well as in other forums at least.

Originally Posted by jamminbyalias

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Looking at this thread reminds me how much Uniqlo has spoiled me.
damn New Yawkers 
laugh.gif

i'd kill for a Uniqlo in Chicago San Francisco

Therea are rumors that they are bringing one to SF. That's what I've been hearing from friends as well as in other forums at least.
It's gona be awhile, probably a year or two.

I know they'll most likely open a 2nd one in NY first

Not really an avid poster on NT, though I've been a member since 05. Been lurking the dressing better thread since it first sprung up, probably the only threads I still look through on NT. Thought I'd give it a shot.

Belstaff
Jcrew
Levis
Target

Cute kid, fresh fit!

Originally Posted by eeibaby

So would you guys say its Spring? time to pull out the boat shoes?
35* here and I am anticipating spring season.

I want to find a good pair of spring casual sneakers, but not exactly Jacks or boat shoes. I am so used to sneakers that these low profile ones feel odd to me. Any advice/suggestions? Something like a Nike Sweet Classic, or Adidas Stan Smith, but maybe something else.

Getting my black Dior blazer back from the tailor today so I figured I would post the designer wearing it.

00460m.jpg

This Givenchy leather from yesterday's show in Paris is dope (disregard the skirt and stocking
eyes.gif
)

00100m.jpg

Originally Posted by ASchwartz44

I want to find a good pair of spring casual sneakers, but not exactly Jacks or boat shoes. I am so used to sneakers that these low profile ones feel odd to me. Any advice/suggestions? Something like a Nike Sweet Classic, or Adidas Stan Smith, but maybe something else.
sweet classics look great imo.

Originally Posted by NooEra

Belstaff
Jcrew
Levis
Target

Cute kid, fresh fit!

+100. Diggin' the jacket and jeans.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by illfrozn

i dont think its a good idea to try and match the pants and jacket from different retailers. it will be a PAIN to find the exact match. i'd say go to the department stores. figure out what fits best on you, irrespective of price, and then hit up the online shops, ebay etc to see if you can find the same suit for 300 or less. be prepared to spend 50-100 bucks on tailoring to attain an even better fit (usually hemming pants, taking in/letting out sleeves, maybe slimming pants a little etc). good luck.
Thanks a lot for the help. Yes, I definitely don't want to try matching up, but I guess that's why I'll have to go to Macy's, Dillard's, etc. I'm a 34, 35x36, so I'm very weary about someone having my size in pants. Oh, well, looks like time to get up and get out ...

I'd say it is almost impossible to find an exact matching color from two different brands (not including black of course).
Not only that but sometimes the material look and feel is completely different too.

jamminbyalias, loving the Belstaff jacket.

Back
Top Bottom