Dressing better

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Isn't it just a regular grey hoody?

Probably be able to find it at American Apparel.

I duno, I think it looks thinner and different from a regular hoody, gonna check out AA next time I'm in the neighborhood
I got a blue hoody similar to that one from urban outfitters last year but they probably have them at AA also. I think Nordstroms had similar hoodys too a couple moths ago.

Originally Posted by RFX45

ps_bor10.jpg

Info on these boots?

Originally Posted by airboy23

yura - did you intern at a marketing company? Digital/online marketing by any chance? I'm currently interning at one and the people come in with jeans and t-shirts when the CEO clearly laid out a business casual dress code.
Nah.  It was at a property management company.  The office I worked for was in Brooklyn and M-T as long as I was neat and had slacks on they didn't mind.  Friday was dress down jeans were fine.  From what I heard the office I'm working @ in Manhattan has no dress down Friday, so I'm hoping their not too strict.  I just got home from football and I'm exhausted to go to the mall and I still have some assignments to do for class.  It just sucks I won't have anytime to shop until Friday unless there's stores around that area that I can look at on my lunch break.

Edit nice just found out there's a J Crew about 3 blocks from my office.  I'm sure there will be plenty others as well.  I just don't know 5th ave too well.

I thankfully passed the 2nd round with 3 sales managers, now to the last round with 2 VP of Sales, very corporate, nothing flashy.
Suit shopping for the thin & thrifty is a full day event, tried on 12 suits with a budget of $250 throughout H&M
sick.gif
, Macy's, K&G & Lord & Taylor. Nordstrom Rack & Bloomingdales had nothing in my price range. Macy's had the most available options.
I notice inexpensive suits often have horrible shoulders, I liked a few Alfani & Tasso Ella but the shoulder padding causes weird craters, alot of billowing in the triceps.
So here we go, 100% Wool  *No alterations yet

Zara - $243
navybluesuit-3.jpg
navybluesuit.jpg

navybluesuit-10.jpg
navybluesuit-4.jpg

navybluesuit-5.jpg
navybluesuit-11.jpg

I also passed on Zara, but for the thin they make a very fine suit.  I wanted my Navy suit to be more traditionally cut but this may have to do.  The arms & shoulder sold me, very well fitted, thin arms.  The pants are slimmer than I would like.
grin.gif
I'll tell you for a suit with a design I'll co-sign Zara.

Calvin Klein $180
navybluesuit-16.jpg
navybluesuit-17.jpg

navybluesuit-18.jpg

I like how the 3 buttons make me look taller, but a lot of excess fabric in many places.

I like that Zara suit, but it desperately needs hemming. I think the fit of the pants, while maybe not to your preference, is good--it would be weird-looking to have a slim jacket and baggier pants.

Do you guys have any recommendations for messenger bags?
Looking for something versatile and inexpensive. Don't need anything big, won't be carrying a laptop just some notebooks maybe 1 textbook and lunch.
I was looking at this one from the gap, any other suggestions are appreciated.
I like the grey more, but thinking the brown might be a little more versatile.
http://www.gap.com/browse...20729&scid=720729022
gp720729-00vliv01.jpg

gp720729-02vliv01.jpg

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

I thankfully passed the 2nd round with 3 sales managers, now to the last round with 2 VP of Sales, very corporate, nothing flashy.
Suit shopping for the thin & thrifty is a full day event, tried on 12 suits with a budget of $250 throughout H&M
sick.gif
, Macy's, K&G & Lord & Taylor. Nordstrom Rack & Bloomingdales had nothing in my price range. Macy's had the most available options.
I notice inexpensive suits often have horrible shoulders, I liked a few Alfani & Tasso Ella but the shoulder padding causes weird craters, alot of billowing in the triceps.
So here we go, 100% Wool  *No alterations yet

Zara - $243

I also passed on Zara, but for the thin they make a very fine suit.  I wanted my Navy suit to be more traditionally cut but this may have to do.  The arms & shoulder sold me, very well fitted, thin arms.  The pants are slimmer than I would like.
grin.gif
I'll tell you for a suit with a design I'll co-sign Zara.

I like how the 3 buttons make me look taller, but a lot of excess fabric in many places.
Congrats on making it this far Nacho and i hope you get through the whole way and land the gig. With VPs, they are looking more for big picture, so definitely talk a good game about your ability to do the job you are being hired for, but let them also get a peak into your ability to stay long term with the company and show them you are a big picture thinker. 

With regards to the suit ... my suggestion would have been Brooks Brothers outlet for the price range you are looking at. The mall brands (zara, h&M ETC) cannot or do not desire to do the natural shoulder method of jacket sewing because of the cost. This is evident in both of the suits you have. I think you may have more luck with Brooks for a new suit, since they have a tradition of natural shoulder creation. Either way i think you will look the part in either of these suits for your interview. You may finf yourself discardiing or wearing this suit less though in the future when you start purchasing better fitting suits.

keep us posted on the interview.

^those messenger bags aren't horrible, but i recently bought a Timbuk2 messenger bag in black. VERY nice. i got the small size and, to be honest, it is a BIT too small, but i tend to carry around gym clothes, bottles, books and stuff so it seems stuffed..

Originally Posted by primetime21

had this outfit on to take the lady out last night

the pants need hemming. also ditch the undershirt or go for the deeper v-neck version. grey and brown go very well together. i'd have recommended dark brown shoes versus the white.

Camera went caput couple weeks ago ... but managed to get a pic with a friend's cam after church today:

Is there anyway to work around those 4 buttons if I needed my sleeves to be shortened?

I have a suit which I need .5-1'' taken out of the sleeves.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Is there anyway to work around those 4 buttons if I needed my sleeves to be shortened?

I have a suit which I need .5-1'' taken out of the sleeves.

yes - if the buttons on the sleeves are not functional (ie, cannot be opened), then the buttons can be easily removed, the sleeves taken up or down and the button re-attached. easy work.
on the other hand, if they are functional buttons on the sleeve, the alteration would have to be done from the shoulder, which is possible but pricier and comes with more risk of messing the shoulders up.

"spring launch" of what? where u work? but anyways, i like the first look, clean and simple, pants especially are nice...not feelin the cardigan though.

Express, it was a meeting about providing better customer service/all our new Spring products...yeah I wore the cardigan with it just to have something "bright" on for the spring thing lol...nice weather today in Boston, not shorts and flip flops nice but that didn't stop people of course lol

Originally Posted by LIQI2345

nice weather today in Boston, not shorts and flip flops nice but that didn't stop people of course lol
like clockwork...it's always funny when ppl will bundle up in the fall for 40 degree weather but when it first happens in the spring, they're out in tees and shorts
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom