Dressing better

Oh alright thanks.

I'll look around my area for a tailor then, $25 sounds dirt cheap for all of that done

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Oh alright thanks.

I'll look around my area for a tailor then, $25 sounds dirt cheap for all of that done
I lucked out and found a great tailor.  She's only doing this because she's bored at home.  The lady drives a 'rati. 
laugh.gif

The stuff we (the guys) get tailored are pretty basic compared to what the ladies get.

Originally Posted by Matt53

I know its getting towards the end of winter but imma be moving to the Pittsburgh/ Western Pennsylvania area for a couple years here pretty soon and as such i'm in the market for a good overcoat that can go over a suit jacket.

I know niidawg, wj4, and RFX are all warm weather folks but if you guys or anyone else have any suggestions I would be much obliged
happy.gif

(Lookin  to spend under 2 bills btw)
You might be in luck because the last time I went to BR, the store looked like it was going out of business because they were clearing out the winter selection.  I think Nii may be able to help you out though.  RFX and myself are from SoCal so yeah...a suit jacket by itself will be sufficient 99% of the time. 
laugh.gif

A tip for you...when you try on the overcoat, have a blazer on under so you get a good feel of how it fit.

$200 seems like a pretty good amount now since most stores are starting to carry Spring collection now.

Originally Posted by Matt53

I know its getting towards the end of winter but imma be moving to the Pittsburgh/ Western Pennsylvania area for a couple years here pretty soon and as such i'm in the market for a good overcoat that can go over a suit jacket.

(Lookin to spend under 2 bills btw)

I don't know by bills you mean hundreds or thousands (I hate when slang means different things in different places), Hickey has a pretty nice overcoat for a little over $400.

^I believe he means $200. $2,000 would be 2 stacks.
laugh.gif
One of the things you just pick up from NT over the years.

Originally Posted by xCautioNx

Looking for a diverse coat/ jacket for the spring, any suggestions?
I think if done right, a wind breaker can be pretty versatile.

Matt-also check out other mall stores ie J. Crew to check for deals.  For $200, I would skip stores like H&M or Zara IMO....since the budget is kinda high for those tier stores.

Was organizing my closet and decided to take pics of my worn DB's...sand and beeswax.  Both were bought in summer of '09 and never been cleaned.

2ch2rfl.jpg

o8w4km.jpg

The beeswax are looking good but the sand still looks new, probably the flash though.
The beeswax looks great and looks much better when all creased up though.
How are the soles holding up for you?

As for spring/summer coat/jacket, I would suggest looking for a unlined cotton blazer in lighter colors like khaki or light grey.  
[img]http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/...22/22482/22482_NA5919_m.tif&tmp=prdDtIm[/img][img]http://images.jcrew.com/erez4/...24/24955/24955_WO6464_m.tif&tmp=prdDtIm[/img]

Another option, although I don't usually like nylon jackets, these look pretty good for spring.
0440522948266R__ASTL_300x400.jpg
0440522947351R__ASTL_300x400.jpg
0440522947672R__ASTL_300x400.jpg

The soles are still holding up fine aside from the dirtiness around the heel portion. I think it's also due to the flash, there's a lot of tiny marks around the sand DB's. The color hue of the sand DB's overall got darker too. I was also going to post up pics of the brown and black pairs, but no point...since they look the same.
laugh.gif

Dang I wish we can have a 'virtual put an item, take an item' box here. I just cleaned out my closet and got like 7 pairs of pants/jeans I won't wear again.

PS RFX, do you know if Barney's have any coupons for instore? I think I'm about to make a $400+ purchase tomorrow.

Tonight, I decided to give my foot a break and wear my sneakers.
So no dress shoes or boots for a week for me.

Details...
ysl_110.jpg

fit_113.jpg

Originally Posted by wj4

PS RFX, do you know if Barney's have any coupons for instore? I think I'm about to make a $400+ purchase tomorrow.

No coupon, Barneys rarely have coupons, just the occassional sale.
However, since you're going to LA (or are you going to the co-op?) Barneys is having a warehouse sale at the LA Convention center.
Everything starts at 50% off last week but they continue to add extra discounts and I think this is the last weekend so most items are probably 70% off.

Yes, I was referring to CO-OP. Going to The Grove tomorrow morning. I'm in love with the way Paul Smith Jean pants fit.
laugh.gif

PS jeans are great except for them being extra, extra long.
You already know they need to be hemmed.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

PS jeans are great except for them being extra, extra long.
You already know they need to be hemmed.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Yes.  That's the routine.  I take them to the dry cleaners, and then next door to get them hemmed.

I'm actually getting the same 2 pairs in one size up.  I got them in 29 already, but feeling a bit snug now so I'm hoping they have the sz 30 in store because I don't want to order online.

The PS US website still have some stuff on sale, you might find a pair of jeans in your size.
Check out Bloomingdales too, store not website, they often go on sale there too.
They do have the brown bag sale going on this weekend.
I believe the Grove has a Nordstrom though, so Bloomingdales might not be possible.

Originally Posted by RFX45

The PS US website still have some stuff on sale, you might find a pair of jeans in your size.
Check out Bloomingdales too, store not website, they often go on sale there too.
They do have the brown bag sale going on this weekend.
I believe the Grove has a Nordstrom though, so Bloomingdales might not be possible.
I might stop by Beverly Center to check out their Bloomie then since it's only 1 mile away.  However the last time I was there, I didn't notice any PS stuff.  Thanks in advance though.

Need some help on this one. Anyone know where I can find this jacket or something similar to it?
ff1987bbf60ca4ba41409f6d824e381e-getty-90041726ge012_rockets_nuggets.jpg

what are some good sites to find cardigans for bigger and taller men? im like a 2x/2xt but these sites only seem to go up to xl...Im in the search for a nice spring cardigan/jacket..any reccomendations?

Can anyone post some pics of black boots that you own or are eyeing? I'm trying to get some ideas for my next shoe purchase....thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom