Dressing better

Shanique depending on the venue or event i find fishnet stocking or any decorative stockings on a woman sexy, adds flavor to your fit. Have you thought about throwing on a blazer?

Originally Posted by RFX45

00170m.jpg
i really like this jacket. RFX are those just concept designs or will they be availble for the public?

Originally Posted by Drama23

i really like this jacket. RFX are those just concept designs or will they be availble for the public?

Most, if not all, will be sold eventually. It'll probably start coming out in June/July since it's the collections for Autumn 2010.

Thnx RFX, Ubiq has them online in my size but everytime I try to put em in my cart, it says sold out. False advertisement.

Originally Posted by SShanique

RFX45 wrote:

I think the one you have on looks fine.
Is that the sheer black? It goes well with the black shirt and belt.
Shoes should bring it all together.

Sheer means see-through, so no, those are not sheer.  The belt is patent leather, and I have some patent leather heels to complete the outfit.

My fault, I thought sheer just meant really thin. Usually black, really thin stockings could look solid in pics. 
My guess is the one you got on is opaqu then? I don't think it looks that bad with grey.

I don't think it looks good. You should get something closer to skin tone or lace. Some accessories wouldn't hurt either, your outfit is a little boring, unless you going for that 30+ arts & crafts look.

SShanique - i think the best advice here is from hadegbite - a blazer, fishnets and a hot cluth will transform this outfit into a monster.

THis is a good start though.

My only gripe with J. Crew is that 99% of their stuff has that vintage look to it...gets pretty old quickly.

Cookielover - Looks like Red Wing 877.

Originally Posted by wj4

My only gripe with J. Crew is that 99% of their stuff has that vintage look to it...gets pretty old quickly.

Cookielover - Looks like Red Wing 877.
Yeah a lot of this faux vintage is getting old.  I'm a very long time subscriber to GQ, and lately the excess of this enhanced vintage inspired stuff is just getting very ridiculous.  I have a feeling we'll look back in several years at this "boot fad" and laugh at it, much like the shoulder pad power suits of the 80s.  Some of the suff is cool, but It's getting really samey.  How many variations of the same boot will Alden come out with, for example.

^With shoes, it's not exactly the same IMO. Because sooner or later, you're going to get scuffs and marks on it..which can give the shoes character. I'm talking more about the broken in chinos to the faded jackets and such.

Just saw this CP3 commercial during the celeb game. It's just a quick second split, but his outfit at 21-22 second mark looks pretty on point.

^no, I'm talking about the unneccessary schleppiness of tucking your pants into an 8 inch boot that's distressed to the point of looking like you didn't take care of it. If you have a quality leather boot, you don't let it get in a scuffed worn out condition, unless your working in them, in which case you wouldn't be wearing them with a suit.

There is just a LOT of outfits with a constant combat boot for footwear. Its getting too much IMO.

Originally Posted by forwardlean

^no, I'm talking about the unneccessary schleppiness of tucking your pants into an 8 inch boot that's distressed to the point of looking like you didn't take care of it. If you have a quality leather boot, you don't let it get in a scuffed worn out condition, unless your working in them, in which case you wouldn't be wearing them with a suit.

There is just a LOT of outfits with a constant combat boot for footwear. Its getting too much IMO.
Yeah J. Crew distresses some of the stuff too much.  Even their Jack Purcells are distressed and worn in.

I have a couple pairs of leather boots that I try to care for..I do the whole routine after each wear with the mink wax, sealant, etc. but both have minor scuffs...be it from my left foot hitting the right foot sometimes when I drive (manual car) or when my feet get bumped into by someone else's feet.  I chuck it down to normal wear and tear.  When the time comes, you can always get them reconditioned.

laugh.gif
at Craig Sager

Hey guys I need some help real quick.

I just bought some Levi's 511 British trousers, khaki colored denim, overall I like the fit but I would like to shrink the waist and thigh area about an inch.

How would I go about doing that without losing the length (inseam) ?

Originally Posted by eeibaby

laugh.gif
at Craig Sager

I just bought some Levi's 511 British trousers, khaki colored denim, overall I like the fit but I would like to shrink the waist and thigh area about an inch.

Temp solution:  Put it in the dryer.  However the waist will expand again when you wear it.

You can get it tailored as well.

Originally Posted by hadegbite

Shanique depending on the venue or event i find fishnet stocking or any decorative stockings on a woman sexy, adds flavor to your fit. Have you thought about throwing on a blazer?

I almost bought some fishnets today in Victoria's Secret, but I put them back.  I don't plan on wearing a blazer.  I'll just have a coat over this and take it off.  I don't have a gray blazer.  I do have a black one, though.

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by SShanique

RFX45 wrote:

I think the one you have on looks fine.
Is that the sheer black? It goes well with the black shirt and belt.
Shoes should bring it all together.

Sheer means see-through, so no, those are not sheer.  The belt is patent leather, and I have some patent leather heels to complete the outfit.

My fault, I thought sheer just meant really thin. Usually black, really thin stockings could look solid in pics. 
My guess is the one you got on is opaqu then? I don't think it looks that bad with grey.

I don't think it looks good. You should get something closer to skin tone or lace. Some accessories wouldn't hurt either, your outfit is a little boring, unless you going for that 30+ arts & crafts look.
It's not boring if you see if in person. 
laugh.gif

Thanks for the advice, though.

laugh.gif
at Craig Sager

My vote is for getting them tailored.

laugh.gif
at Craig Sager

You just gotta bring em to a tailor. The thighs shouldnt be that hard as I got a handful of jeans altered from the thigh down to get it "thinner". I'm not too sure about the waist..but I do remember hearing that if u want to shrink it down 2 or more sizes, it'll change the way your jeans look dramatically (in a bad way).

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif
at Craig Sager

Temp solution:  Put it in the dryer.  However the waist will expand again when you wear it.

You can get it tailored as well.
How much would that run?

I have no problem putting them in a dryer because I will wear a belt, so I guess just wet the pants & put it in the dryer low heat?

They're not really for dressing up purposes, I'm going to wear these when I just dress down

It's going to be a pain though, dude. They will stretch out after 1-2 wears.

It's not $$ at all. My tailor charged me $25. My friend got me a pair of jeans for X-mas, but it was a 31. I had her bring the waist in, the seat in, and the thighs in. Now it fits great.

I know its getting towards the end of winter but imma be moving to the Pittsburgh/ Western Pennsylvania area for a couple years here pretty soon and as such i'm in the market for a good overcoat that can go over a suit jacket.

I know niidawg, wj4, and RFX are all warm weather folks but if you guys or anyone else have any suggestions I would be much obliged
happy.gif

(Lookin  to spend under 2 bills btw)

Back
Top Bottom