Dressing better

Thanks, Paul Smith Corso from last season. I didn't think I would get my hands on a pair.

As for rolled up sleeved blazers, it's a bit too Miami Vice for me and isn't the easiest to pull off. The blazer will have to be seersucker and/orcotton, somethign real lightweight. Like the last blazer, I forgot the material it is made off but it is real light, almost see through. I have a few shirtsmade of that material but the name is in the tip of my tongue.

laugh.gif

Dude hates the thread but keeps entering to state his opinion.
roll.gif

paul smith's are looking really really clean RFX, always liked their footwear lineup. i found some steve maddens that are somewhat similar in look,fraction of the price so might be going with that instead. clarks has some interesting stuff in uk right now, hopefully they're here by fall.

Ty- thanks for posting up the levi's trouser, getting ordered for sure. a classic i've been looking for for way too long.

Originally Posted by MikeScarn

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by Air Spider 777

Originally Posted by rcdp

a leather overcoat?

Something like this. Not too tacky.

41TU6H4Ky%2BL._AA280_.jpg

I am also 5'10" and a regular boot with .5"-1" heel should suffice with a cafe racer type leather jacket in brown or black.
I had one of those jackets but I lost it in the fire that I had in my house.
frown.gif
The only good gift my ex girl gave me.
laugh.gif

Choppa City??
laugh.gif
word

Originally Posted by instant klassic

^ It's not even an opinion, just random jibber jabber.

On the pushed up sleeves blazer topic, I think it can work really well with the classic navy cotton brass single button or 2 button blazer for a less stuffy ivy look. Regatta blazers and Cricket blazers would definitely work too...maybe even a grey linen blazer. I've seen quite a few people pull off the look effortlessly.
I mean as long as you're not wearing flourescent splashes of color and huge shades and jewelry a la Miami Vice, you should be good.
That's true, it's just that rolled up sleeves screams summer or warm weather so it has to be associated with light/cotton materials orelse it's like wearing a hoody and basketball shorts in a 40 degree weather. Does that make sense?
laugh.gif
Just not too much pastel colors I guess.

Those are some great looking boots Rfx45. I have a question about jeans. I saw the denim school thread and it looks like people are putting in all kinds ofeffort on their A.P.C. jeans and Nudies that involve soaking and etc. Do these companies make jeans that don't require soaking and etc or do they onlymake raw denim.

Originally Posted by IchewU

if im trying to build a wardrobe from scratch, where do i start??? it all seems so overwhelming... what is the typical progression of what i should by?
It's best to buy off season because you will save a lot, especially with the more expensive items, ie blazers, peacoats.

I just cashed in half of my AMEX points for Banana Republic gift cards in hoping to use for the 30% off sale that's starting in several days.

Blazers with the sleeves rolled up is not appealing to me at all.

Anyone have any experience with Martin + Osa footwear? I understand it's not the greatest brand, but I figured for $50 bucks some cheap boots wouldn'tbe too bad. This is what I was looking at
4230_0890_001.jpg

Lebron's outfit that keeps on getting posted would look better if he wasn't wearing a white-collared dress shirt. I've come to associatewhite-collared dress shirts with only really formal events.

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Thoughts on blazer with the sleeves rolled up??

6288hmilanweb.jpg

6278kanyewestweb.jpg

polorolled2.jpg

Go or no go?
Go if it's summertime/springtime and if the blazer's material won't get permanently stretched/harmed by getting rolled up.

Anyone know of some shorts that look nice with a polo? I like wearing polos in summer, but out in Cali it gets too hot sometimes to be wearing jeans.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rcdp

Anyone have any experience with Martin + Osa footwear? I understand it's not the greatest brand, but I figured for $50 bucks some cheap boots wouldn't be too bad. This is what I was looking at
4230_0890_001.jpg

Those boots does not look bad at all. For $50, it is worth a try. It should last a year or two while getting a couple of wears a week. Just do not wear it inconsecutive days, let it reast at least 12-24 hours after a whole days worth of wear before wearing again.

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

Anyone know of some shorts that look nice with a polo? I like wearing polos in summer, but out in Cali it gets too hot sometimes to be wearing jeans.
laugh.gif
Madras shorts work good with dull/neutral-colored polos (bright polos may be overboard on the brightness). I have a pair from J. Crew and it'spretty high quality.

^ Just wear linen or linen-blend shorts. I got a pair from Ralph Lauren a couple years ago for only $85 that's a silk-linen blend and makes you feel likeyou're not wearing anything. I don't know how people can wear shorts made of heavy fabrics - especially cargo styles. The Houston heat is too much forall that IMO.

There we, go linen was the material I was thinking about in the last post.
laugh.gif

Linen is perfect for the summer and linen blazers are the one' I could imagine being used with a rolled up sleeves.

I roll up the sleeves in my button-up 90% of the time.
I just like it (the look and feel) for some reason.

^^^I have a hard time rolling up my sleeves cuz i have big biceps and triceps. feels like i cutting off the circulation.

Originally Posted by sStutter

Originally Posted by bbllplaya23

laugh.gif
Madras shorts work good with dull/neutral-colored polos (bright polos may be overboard on the brightness). I have a pair from J. Crew and it's pretty high quality.
link?

Back
Top Bottom