Dressing better

Originally Posted by frankl1001

NT fam,

Charles Tyrwhitt shirts / ties

http://www.ctshirts.com/

on sale
pimp.gif
preciate it.

about to cop some wing collars from their right now.

Charles Tyrwhitt slim fit are my %@!%...I've got 4 or 5 of them, one of the better fits on me. Quality has always been good, brass collar stays are a nicetouch too.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Most mall brands xs fits huge on me.
frown.gif
I'm pretty sure I can fit in an XS in BR as well. I'd love to try one on, but XS is online only. The slim fit shirts I get at BR and J.Crew in size small go straight to the tailor before even wearing.

Americans, in general, just have bigger frames.

Compare to brands like Marc by Marc Jacob, where a medium fits me pretty well.

For ref, I'm 5'10'' at 150 lbs.

Stopped by J. Crew today and they have 30% off all sales item. Same goes with Martin And Osa.

jesus yall dudes must be tiny

Im about 6'-6'1" 195 lbs and i got these XL Banana Republic sweaters fitting like some spadex!

What are some brands that fit a little larger? Its rare i see a XXL in stores for these kinds of things.

Im about 6'-6'1" 195 lbs and i got these XL Banana Republic sweaters fitting like some spadex!

What are some brands that fit a little larger? Its rare i see a XXL in stores for these kinds of things.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

You probably need to shop for brands that offer big and tall selection. I know J. Crew and BR have them, but I believe they're online only aswell.

This is why it was never my intention to become buff...you can't fit into slim fitting clothes.
laugh.gif
I'd rather stay lean.

You're also a bit taller than the average American. Most brands tailor to those in the height range of 5'8''-5'11''..the averagerange.

Try some stuff at Gap since they fit more generous than BR.

Originally Posted by wj4

You probably need to shop for brands that offer big and tall selection. I know J. Crew and BR have them, but I believe they're online only as well.

This is why it was never my intention to become buff...you can't fit into slim fitting clothes.
laugh.gif
I'd rather stay lean.

You're also a bit taller than the average American. Most brands tailor to those in the height range of 5'8''-5'11''..the average range.

Thats funny cuz to be honest i rarely shop at gap because i feel like their fits are off! Very sloopy once you get past a Medium. Im 6'1 205lbs with anathletic build, i wear a large in banana and its perfect, but Gap its hit or miss depending on the top. Today i went to the gap and tried on a military shirtand it fit like SLIM FIT AT BABY GAP!

Originally Posted by Kobefan23

Has anyone tried the Slim Fit shirts from either Brooks Brothers or TM Lewin? How's the fit/quality?

Cant speak on the slim fit shirt from BB, but i own a few of the Extra Slim fits from BB and the quality/fit are both top notch.

any tips out there to keep your shirts crisp like the day you bought em? usually after a wash my collar gets flabby and doesnt "stand up" on itsown...a buddy of mine suggested use starch when ironing it....anymore ideas?

Originally Posted by ricerocket1

any tips out there to keep your shirts crisp like the day you bought em? usually after a wash my collar gets flabby and doesnt "stand up" on its own...a buddy of mine suggested use starch when ironing it....anymore ideas?
Use the delicate cycle. Maybe use starch for the collar.

I wash my dress shirts in the tub & hang dry.

Originally Posted by wj4

You probably need to shop for brands that offer big and tall selection. I know J. Crew and BR have them, but I believe they're online only as well.

laugh.gif
I'd rather stay lean.

You're also a bit taller than the average American. Most brands tailor to those in the height range of 5'8''-5'11''..the average range.

u wouldnt need slim fitting clothes when you're buff anyway because... you're buff

Could somebody recommend me some brands that sell dress pants in a Slim Fit?

Recently I purchased INC International Concepts pants that were Slim Fit and they fit perfectly, but I could only find black and I'm looking for somethingperhaps in a grey-dark grey.

Thanks

Originally Posted by conv3rge

Originally Posted by wj4

laugh.gif
I'd rather stay lean.

u wouldnt need slim fitting clothes when you're buff anyway because... you're buff
Real talk, I know I've said it before but it does sound like you guys are extremely frail. I'm 5'8, very athletic with a big upperbody and medium fits me snug (I like it though). I'm always amazed when I hear a grown man wears small or extra small. More power to you though, I'msure it's easier to find your sizes at a lot of places.

Real talk, I know I've said it before but it does sound like you guys are extremely frail. I'm 5'8, very athletic with a big upper body and medium fits me snug (I like it though). I'm always amazed when I hear a grown man wears small or extra small. More power to you though, I'm sure it's easier to find your sizes at a lot of places.
Real talk, I know I've said this before...I'm going for the David Beckham/Cam in "Never Back Down" look. I still hit the gym atleast 5 times a week.

At 5'8'' in a medium, I'm willing to bet the sleeves on your button downs are too long for you and bunch up. I'm 5'10'' andwhen I wear a medium in most shirts out there, the sleeves bunch up at my wrists.

It's actually harder to find deals in size small, they are always the first to go.

Originally Posted by sStutter

Nil, info on the second blazer and pocket square? Great outfits btw.

Jacket is Brooks Brothers 2 button tweed in wheat brown from the BB store a few years ago.

Pocket square is random vintage handrolled silk square i picked up from eBay. It is made in Japan based on the tag on it.

Back
Top Bottom