Dressing better

That is a nice fit there RFX ^.

Nice vest, what brand is it?

Well I dont mean huge guys like John Cena.
laugh.gif

I mean guys like David Beckham.

To those who regularly shop at Banana Republic:

Does anyone know if there is a difference between "Modern Fit" and "Tailored Fit"? The reason I ask is that I have a 40R blazer that istailored fit, which fits better than a 40R suit that is modern fit. Could it just be a difference in the way the jackets are cut? Or do the terms meansomething different?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by AC4Three

To those who regularly shop at Banana Republic:

Does anyone know if there is a difference between "Modern Fit" and "Tailored Fit"? The reason I ask is that I have a 40R blazer that is tailored fit, which fits better than a 40R suit that is modern fit. Could it just be a difference in the way the jackets are cut? Or do the terms mean something different?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I think BRs "tailor fit" is their version of "slim fit".

Thanks for the compliments.

Wj4, I tried it with the top button unbuttoned and it didn't look too good. Since it is fitted, it pulls too much and spreads apart.
You can kind of see in the close up that it has a bit fo a pull already by the buttons, fit is very comfortable though.

10piece, the vest is Rag & Bone, got it on sale at NM a few weeks ago.

AC4. tailored fit is cut slimmer and that is pretty much the only difference I could think of.
I think quality only becomes better when you get to the monogram collection, which I think is also slightly slimmer than tailored fit but don't qoute me onthat one.

Yeah, tailored fit is their slim version...which is still pretty darn big. I have about 4-5 blazers from BR that are all tailored fit. All had the width takenin as well.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

They always use extra frail dudes as models.

no mo...but they need bigger models to show how you can fill those jackets/sweaters out more.

It's just that most models are very skinny and if they want a fit model, I think it flatter someone smaller and more proportioned than say someone like John Cena where the clothes would probably rip while walking in the runway.
laugh.gif
It depends on the brand. Most of these skinny models come from European brands and hell even as lanky as I am now, I can't even mess with some stuff out there, ie Ben Sherman. A small in that brand is too snug for me, and a medium is a bit too loose. I can get a medium tailored but the neck is no longer ~14-14.5 inches and the length of the arm sleeves are now too long. Which means there's no way a guy with an athletic build can even squeeze into their stuff.

Out of all the GQ magazines I've looked at, the only brand that uses bigger models that I can recall is Phat Farm.
laugh.gif
The rest uses very lean dudes.

Wait, Phat Farm actually makes GQ's runway show preview? I don't really think they have much of a choice though, if they use regular models the clothes would look like oversized pajamas on them.
Overall though, almost all brands uses skinny models, even American Brands like Sean John, JB and CK.

Tonight...

Details...

clean.... thats a real nice look.

New Nike Sweet Classic high is a very nice sneaker. Simple and low profile, a good go t sneakers I think.
nike-spring-2010-sweet-classic-hi-2-540x540.jpg

nike-spring-2010-sweet-classic-hi-3-540x540.jpg

And back to Spring... Uniqlo.
Pics are huge so here's a select few, for all the look check out: http://hypebeast.com/2010...-2010-spring-collection/ .
I want these blazers!

[
uniqlo-2010-spring-collection-7.jpg

uniqlo-2010-spring-collection-11.jpg

This reminds me... I need white jeans/pants before spring comes.

Could it be possible to ID those low prodile sneakers there?? And a simlar tie from some brand? (brown/pink??)
Thanks!

burberry-prorsum-precollection-fall-2010-09-405x540.jpg

Look at this..shes basically 2D!!! ugh...nasty skinnyness. And yeah i believe some models should b average build. like soccer player build, StevenGerrard/Beckham build would seem more sensible.?

Eh...
Good stuff yall. Got my peacoat in way back when. forgot to post pics. only got shoddy cell pics. I'll try get em up later.

p.s: pickedup a thermal and gray khakis at Gap today...price total came to $20! Thank u additional 40%off sale items..craaazy
pimp.gif

Thanks guys. That seems consistent with my findings, as the tailored jacket fits better than the modern one. Regardless, I'm going to have to take it to atailor.

just drop by the mall and go to the gap. extra 40% off sale items is crazy. picked up a plaid button down, a sweater, a thermal and a t shirt all for a littleover 30 bucks.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Any idea on whether these colors clash??

88825deebe5e1388467048c38611fa5b250a58b.jpg

excuse the scruff.
tongue.gif
I don't think the colors clash.

Personal preference: I'd tuck in the collar

Originally Posted by dreClark

That's a mean %+! tie
pimp.gif
Thanks Dre.
pimp.gif

Where do yall get your ties from?

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

They always use extra frail dudes as models.

no mo...but they need bigger models to show how you can fill those jackets/sweaters out more.

It's just that most models are very skinny and if they want a fit model, I think it flatter someone smaller and more proportioned than say someone like John Cena where the clothes would probably rip while walking in the runway.
laugh.gif
It depends on the brand. Most of these skinny models come from European brands and hell even as lanky as I am now, I can't even mess with some stuff out there, ie Ben Sherman. A small in that brand is too snug for me, and a medium is a bit too loose. I can get a medium tailored but the neck is no longer ~14-14.5 inches and the length of the arm sleeves are now too long. Which means there's no way a guy with an athletic build can even squeeze into their stuff.

Out of all the GQ magazines I've looked at, the only brand that uses bigger models that I can recall is Phat Farm.
laugh.gif
The rest uses very lean dudes.

Saks.com uses normal guys and not these guys on Nicole Richie diets. i couldnt imagine going to the mall and buy a shirt that says XS....smh my girl doesnteven wear an extra small.

oh okay not as bad as i thought it was bro you have that model frame. I didnt think with those measurements you would be an XXS though. Im 6'1''205

To be fair though, most American brands like GAP, BR, CK, DKNY, etc... are made huge and boxy to begin with so even an xxs would be too big, especially if youwant the clothes to be fitted.

Back
Top Bottom