Dressing better

Originally Posted by brrraptors

ok someone got any info on this gradient brown red wing GT pair on the left? i want it real bad. ive seen GTs (or Beckman as theyre called now?) but ive never seen a gradient one. any info on retailer/price/etc would be appreciated.
bright_red_wing1.jpg

if someone knows anywhere that has the Indy on sale, please post it on NT. they look too good to not have if the price is right

Probably just a well worn pair of a normal colorway.

Alden Indy's rarely goes on sale. Cheapest I've found is shermanbrothers.com since they haven't accomodated the price increase yet and they usuallyhave a 10% discoutn code.
That is probably the cheapest you will find them. I bought mine and had to wait 4-5 months because it is in so demand.

I used to like the RW GT but after trying it on, the toe is just too bulbous to me, even for a work boot.
I prefer the low profile style boot better.

Skunkin, check out Diesel for leather jackets. Much more reasonable priced and their lambskin is buttery soft.
Worth a look.

So the AE DB's feel like cardboard??

Glad I passed..

I still need to get some jeans and slacks taken in, tapered, and hemmed.. Everything looks so baggy on my now. F'n gross.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by RFX45

Alden Indy's rarely goes on sale. Cheapest I've found is shermanbrothers.com since they haven't accomodated the price increase yet and they usually have a 10% discoutn code.
That is probably the cheapest you will find them. I bought mine and had to wait 4-5 months because it is in so demand.

I used to like the RW GT but after trying it on, the toe is just too bulbous to me, even for a work boot.
I prefer the low profile style boot better.

Skunkin, check out Diesel for leather jackets. Much more reasonable priced and their lambskin is buttery soft.
Worth a look.
thats been my fear. Ive been on the lookout for lower profile toe style boots, which is why the indy really catches my eye. just a little out ofmy price range for the next 2-3months. have you seen the Beckman in person? they look to be 100% identital to GT. I wasn't gonna pull the trigger on a GTbut that gradient one just stood out.

im afraid to pull the trigger even if i find the Indy for a good price online, if by chance the customs officer decided to stack on the duty fees and suchit'd be a big waste of money regardless of the sale price. and the chances of them going on sale, and having a size 10, in a store in canada? quite slim.

any other good boot recommendations with a low profile toe suitable for winter? im not gonna beat them in the snow, nor are they gonna see too much walkoutside. just for going out n such. the alden tanker boots, if only they came in shades of brown instead of the black like the Context.. i'd be verytempted. that norwegian style stitched front looks awesome

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

came across this pull over shirt in the Oct. issue of DETAILS mag and I cant get it out of my mind
does anybody know where I can find something similar ?
Don't you live in NY? Have you tried the Gant store on 5th Ave?

The GT's retail for $290.
At ShermanBrothers, Alden Indy's are $320 and w/ a 10% discount it goes down to $288.

I mean if you can afford the RW GT's, you should be able to afford the Indy's as well.

This one won't be as low profile as the Indy but it is cheaper, check out Wolverine's Montgomery, retails for $235.
picture-5.png

If you can live with the bulbous toe, the LL Bean Katahdin is a good option for around $150.
OMGitsWES has a pair, maybe he can chime on on his pair?

^ cant afford the GT or the Indy for the next couple months while i transition to a new career. if it comes down to it though i'd def get the indy. the picof that wolverine looks a lot more attractive in that pic you posted than on neiman's website.

you own a pair of wing tip boots right? are they paul smith? i saw one on sale for about $255 but all common sizes were long gone. would be a good pick up fornight outs in the winter.

what'd look good with wing tip boots, straight through thigh and tapered denim or slim straights?

man I was in the same boat as you, Alden boots are phenomenal and I'm going to ask for a pair for Christmas if I don't cave in myself and just buythem.
and the GT don't come in my size so that's not even an option. The Katahdin boots aren't for everyone though, I've gotten mixed reviews fromsome friends and random compliments from people in my classes. So it really just comes down to if you really like them or not. For the price I thinkthey're fantastic and I really like the color. Took like a week to break them in and after that there's no problem in comfort.

Now I'm looking for a black pair of lug sole boots that doesn't make me look like a biker.

Originally Posted by wj4

^More lively looking dress socks would make that look a lot better IMO.

as if pink Broletto socks wasn't "lively" enough? if you're referring to something along the lines of a Duchamp or PaulSmith style, it would've looked like i was trying way too hard.

if someone knows anywhere that has the Indy on sale, please post it on NT. they look too good to not have if the price is right

i understand the concept of getting deals but the price is justified. the quality, construction and the fact that it's made domestically goes a long way.it's literally an investment.

_5914018.jpg

Converse by John Varvatos - Jack Purcell V4

These will be purchased once October rolls in. I've spent way too much this month on clothes
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

ok someone got any info on this gradient brown red wing GT pair on the left? i want it real bad. ive seen GTs (or Beckman as theyre called now?) but ive never seen a gradient one. any info on retailer/price/etc would be appreciated.
bright_red_wing1.jpg

yeah we sold those at our store...great color...even better getting half off = red wing for 106 bucks!

Originally Posted by damn its me

Originally Posted by Friendliest Ghost

bright_red_wing1.jpg

yeah we sold those at our store...great color...even better getting half off = red wing for 106 bucks!

Got some size 9 in the GT left... any color?

I have the exact same camera case as you
laugh.gif

I'm sorry but those shoes are horrendous.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

_5914018.jpg

Converse by John Varvatos - Jack Purcell V4

These will be purchased once October rolls in. I've spent way too much this month on clothes
smh.gif
price on these?

as if pink Broletto socks wasn't "lively" enough? if you're referring to something along the lines of a Duchamp or Paul Smith style, it would've looked like i was trying way too hard.
I was talking about pattern wise. And about trying too hard, you rolled up the pants, man...

Who cares if you're trying too hard or not, if you feeling it, then go for it. Don't get e-hurt, dude.

5967497176426536683757432d2d5a6c4f7a67-149x149-0-0.jpg

can someone put up some pics of nice, casual oxfords? in dark brown and black. i know that i can "google search", but i'd like to know which ones"look nice". i don't want to make the same mistake as the poster on the previous page who bought those brown shoes. i don't want to thinkthat i'm "doin it" when, really, i'm not.

i know i asked before, but haven't seen any pics. thanks a lot. i'm looking for something that will go well with dark jeans.

Back
Top Bottom